Photo

Anyone had results with FOXO4-DRI?

foxo4-dri

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:27 PM

I have ordered some myself, but have any had any results with it?

What were your protocols and effects?

• unsure x 1

#2 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

We just tested 40mg of foxo4-dri injections from a pharmaceutical company and there were no discernible effects.

#3 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:48 PM

We just tested 40mg of foxo4-dri injections from a pharmaceutical company and there were no discernible effects.

Interesting, more details please? 

#4 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:41 PM

Interesting, more details please? 

I am not sure what there is to say. Due to the fact that I live so far away and I have to do the injections, we did them all at once, 40mg in one day.

The injections were painful but pain subsided after a day. There was minor swelling at the injection site for a day.

We dissolved first 5mg in 1 ml of acetic acid injection water (used for IGF-1 and other large peptides) and injected it but due to the pain DURING injection we switched to 5mg in 1 ml bacteriostatic water which was only painful AFTER injecting and not during.

Next we did 10mg in 1ml of bacteriostatic water and injected it.

Finally because time was running out and I had to go home, we decided to dissolve 20mg of Foxo4-DRI in 1ml of bacteriostatic water and inject it.

40mg was injected with 4 injections.

All injections were subcutaneous.

A day later I found out that somehow the body had rejected 2 of the injections, the water had come out with some powder...

This time we used a pharmaceutical company listed on the official foxo4-dri website created by Darren Moore

• Informative x 1

#5 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

Is it still the third version of FOXO4-DRI - the one that kills 10% of good cells vs senescent cells ?

#6 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:49 PM

Is it still the third version of FOXO4-DRI - the one that kills 10% of good cells vs senescent cells ?

Is there a second and third version of this peptide!?

Please tell me more

#7 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:20 PM

Is there a second and third version of this peptide!?

Please tell me more

Here's an interview of Dr. De Keiser dating back from 2018:

https://www.lifespan...eter-de-keizer/

With mice, we could scale it and we could say if it’s too much or not, but for humans, it’s more difficult. What we’re doing now is trying to optimize this to make it tenfold more selective. This is version 4, and the published paper is on version 3; the first two were generated in the US in 2012, and they were not so effective. The first step was very short and had a very poor solubility, the second step lasted much longer, and the third peptide we made in D-amino acid is the one we published now.

That’s the fun part. It took me ten years to come to this third version because in academia, we always have 20 other things that are also interesting. Now, we actually teamed up with a company, Cleara, that we founded just recently. The team has 20 people, with 10 structural experts, and they’re going crazy on this. Every week, we have a meeting at which they have made some more progress, and it is super fast. We gave ourselves four months for a library screen on the first version, and then it’s another ten rounds of optimizations.

I don't know if they've published something on the 4th version. If not hopefully it won't be long. I think at this point I'd rather wait for the 4th version which will have a selectivity of 1% vs 10% for the 3rd.

• Informative x 1

#8 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:39 PM

For more info you can check the timeline here:

https://www.clearabiotech.com/

#9 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2022 - 10:36 PM

the injections were painful but pain subsided after a day. There was minor swelling at the injection site for a day

it's weird one brand of vitamin C is not as painful while another brand of vitamin c that I inject hurts like hell the pain is unbearable. I think it has to do how fast the vitamin C gets released from the fillers or how it is made.

#10 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:04 PM

An updated assessment of the company from last year:

https://longevity.te...ile-updated.pdf

I am a bit concerned that we haven't heard anything from them, and the funding they seem to have received appears quite minimal.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#11 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:39 AM

It's very simple: it's very expensive. 
As far as I know, 1 procedure with FOXO4-DRI will cost you $10,000. Not everyone has that kind of money.
I think that's the point.

• Disagree x 1

#12 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 03:29 AM

It's very simple: it's very expensive. 
As far as I know, 1 procedure with FOXO4-DRI will cost you $10,000. Not everyone has that kind of money.
I think that's the point.

You're a confusing the cost for one person purchasing a small quantity of the polypeptide with the mass-production cost that could be accomplished.

Yes, for one person it would be about that much. If you produce a million times as much, the cost would drop by a couple of orders of magnitude.

• Needs references x 1

#13 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 08:46 AM

You're a confusing the cost for one person purchasing a small quantity of the polypeptide with the mass-production cost that could be accomplished.

Yes, for one person it would be about that much. If you produce a million times as much, the cost would drop by a couple of orders of magnitude.

I have a question: why do we need FOXO4-DRI when we have inositol hexaphosphate (IP6), which also affects P53, and yet is sold as a common food supplement, is cheap, and has a good safety profile?

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18652568/

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#14 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 07:55 PM

The entire point of FOXO4-DRI is to stimulate P53 only in cells that exhibit senescent phenotype.

I have a question: why do we need FOXO4-DRI when we have inositol hexaphosphate (IP6), which also affects P53, and yet is sold as a common food supplement, is cheap, and has a good safety profile?

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18652568/

• Needs references x 1

#15 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 07:12 PM

The entire point of FOXO4-DRI is to stimulate P53 only in cells that exhibit senescent phenotype.

P53 protein is activated in aging and cancer cells.
If P53 is active when a cell is already aging or cancerous.
For this reason, almost all cells in which P53 protein is active are aging cells and can be destroyed.
No selective destruction is required here.

Edited by Kentavr, 29 May 2022 - 07:27 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#16 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 09:45 PM

P53 protein is activated in aging and cancer cells.
If P53 is active when a cell is already aging or cancerous.
For this reason, almost all cells in which P53 protein is active are aging cells and can be destroyed.
No selective destruction is required here.

Yes, you don't want to activate apoptosis in normal cells. Again, that's the entire point of designing a molecule like this.

RTFP : https://www.cell.com...(17)30246-5.pdf

Edited by smithx, 29 May 2022 - 09:54 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foxo4-dri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users