• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

European Suppliers / Online Supplement Stores?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

Does anyone know good online supplement stores in Europe? I live in EU and it's kind of expensive to order from US.

#2 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:36 AM

Hi Ikaros

Depends what sort of supplements you are after; Sports eg Creatine, MRPs, Fat loss.. or more Cognitive/Nootropic...?

I'm in Europe to (UK) so I know what you mean and as a broad answer I find that with Nootropics the exchange rate and different pricing can mean that it's actually cheaper to buy from a US source (eg Relentless (forum sponser), http://www.nootropikshop.com/ (run by Adam, a regular contributor here). Or a good supplier (IMO) in Europe is http://shop.airsealed.com/default.cfm, again run by Da Sense, another member.)

For Sports stuff I use http://www.muscle-shop.co.uk/ for their deals on sports basics ie protein/MRP, Creatine, Energy.

With my luck you wanted to know about herbs or Vits!

Over to you.

Sentinel

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

Sorry for bringing this topic back to the top, but I'd especially like to know quality food supplement online stores in Europe, airsealed.com offers very few food supplements. The problem of ordering from US suppliers like Relentless and etc. is that the damn European Union has somekind of import tax. Last time when I ordered from Relentless supplements for 100$ I had to pay extra 50$ for the import tax to actually get them which is totally nuts in my opinion, but what can I do. So any quality online stores in Europe?

#4 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

There are ways around the import tax...ask the vendor to label all products as commercial samples.

#5 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

There are ways around the import tax...ask the vendor to label all products as commercial samples.

You can do that only if the order is small, but in that case you won't be taxed anyway. Vendor can include commercial invoice saying sample and total value 1 EUR, but customs is not stupid, when they see package full of supplements they're simply determine commercial price based on their rates.

#6 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

I have a generic labeling machine...it's as simple as printing a label that says "commercial sample" with the weight of the compound, lot number, marking the box on the customs form for commercial sample, indicate the lot numbers on the customs form....then include COAs for each product.

Edited by nootropikamil, 24 July 2006 - 01:01 AM.

#7 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:56 AM

You can do that only if the order is small, but in that case you won't be taxed anyway. Vendor can include commercial invoice saying sample and total value 1 EUR, but customs is not stupid, when they see package full of supplements they're simply determine commercial price based on their rates.

I did not read through your comments entirely...you are right, getting 1 bottle through customs is certainlly different than 10. It also depends on the country -- and the compound. Canadian customs, in my experience, are quite liberal with what they allow into their county...except for ALCAR (believe it or not, it's illegal). EU customs like to see documentation I figure...ESPECIALLY with a raw material...if they cannot easily identify it, I imagine they will send it right back. And if it's a controlled (or illegal) import, the sender or reciever might get in trouble...sometimes it's a grey area, and calling the compound a "lab chemical" has the best luck. We currently don't offer any synthetic, controlled, or illegal compounds (in any country -- except for ALCAR in Canada, I believe)-- everything we sell at this time is naturally occuring, so nothing we offer can fit the "commercial sample" or "lab chemical" indication. We just sold out of Piracetam, so I guess when we re introduce this and other nootropics, we will have to deal with International orders on a case by case basis. We don't want any trouble with US or International customs...but believe it or not the racetams can cause some trouble in some customs agencies...

Besides including an invoice and providing a COA for each compound, calling a product a "commercial sample" or "lab chemical" might indicate that the product might be meant for further testing; and thus far, dealing with raw materials, when customs does open a package, when they find legitimate COAs from Internationally accredited companies inside the package to match each product, they can easily identify what it is and look it up if necessary.

#8 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

http://www.supplementsplus.co.uk

#9 Dream

• 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

http://papanature.com gives some pretty good deals on a wide variety of supplements. They are the same site as iherb...

Of course, this is from someone in the US...

#10 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the links.

#11 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:59 AM

Last time when I ordered from Relentless supplements for 100$ I had to pay extra 50$ for the import tax to actually get them which is totally nuts in my opinion, but what can I do.

50% import tax can't be right. The most I had to pay was €9.50 plus 6% of the value. But most of the time nothing, because it is send as a commercial sample, gift or is undervalued.

#12 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:20 AM

The import tax wasn't the only extra I had to pay for, but it was the biggest. I asked how they calculate it and I was told that it depends on the value of the goods, so somehow they managed to get that sum.

But most of the time nothing, because it is send as a commercial sample, gift or is undervalued.

Relentless Improvement doesn't do that apparently.

#13 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

I have found the ultimate best price web site, the problem is its mostly bodybuilding supplements, but you could get muscle milk natural or the syntrax nectar naturals for proteins/MRPs as well as other goodies. This site will beat any price found online by 5%, plug in the price and the link. You can find a price from a clearance, sale page, discontinued, blowout, etc. and make up a whole order based on those prices...it's really quite amazing actually.

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com

#14 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

Best price doesn't always mean best quality. But thanks, I'll look into it.

#15 tedsez

• 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

I've had problems with PapaNature.com / IHerb.com messing up my orders.

Does anyone know of other U.S. online stores with equally good prices on the same items?

#16 glexia

• 106 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

I´m going to order from vitaminlife.com. It seems to have good pices too.

#17 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

I'd have thought you'd be using a European supplier?

#18 glexia

• 106 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

I buy all my supplement of a shop near home They sell "now" brand supplements. The problem is the items are very expensive.

I have bought from relentlessimprovement.com and i have no problems, but i think is a little expensive too. Because of this i´m going to try vitaminlife.com

#19 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

Bumping the topic up again.
I've been quite satisfied with www.supplementsplus.co.uk for some time now, but they don't offer all the products I'd be interested in. Can anyone recommend other European online supplement stores with acceptable prices and quality?

#20 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Um, i had issues with iherb once and they made up for it shipping again this time arriving :-) with no fuzz. Long time happy customer. Relentlessimprovement.com is excellent. Alas i know no decent european shop but i guess it wouldn't be less expensive etc alas.

#21 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

My friend in Italy orders drugs from Airsealed and alot of AOR products from Unique Nutrition (www.uniquenutrition.net). They always seem to get it through customs without any taxes or fees, otherwise they offer to pay for it! I would send them a e-mail or call them but it seems like a sweet deal. I've also heard alot of great feedback on the Mind and Muscle forms they sponsor a few different sections over there.

I'm in the US so i don't have any problems getting supplements in but good luck.

#22 boily

• 171 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

I've had very good service from Relentless Improvement and iherb.com, no problem and very fast into Australia.

#23 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

I've had very good service from Relentless Improvement and iherb.com, no problem and very fast into Australia.

Relentless is a great place to order, but the ridiculous EU import tax makes it way too cost-ineffective to order from them or from any US-based online store if one lives in EU. Right now I haven't got that many dollars to waste on unnecessary taxes that I can avoid.

#24 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

iherb.com is the ultimate, like the Walmart of online supplement retailers. Anything they decide to carry seems to be cheaper than all competition, likely as a result of their high sales / purchasing volume. I'm all for supporting the little guy, but that is a luxury I can't afford right now.

Keep sending them e-mails until they stock AOR products. [thumb]

#25 ikaros

• Topic Starter
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

I've been a long-term customer for supplementsplus.co.uk, but lately they seem to not accept any orders (I have no clue why). So I'm looking for a new supplement dealer in Europe (not in US)? Do you have recommendations for quality stores? (especially the ones who supply AOR products)

#26 neuroenhanced

• 63 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:46 AM

Funkodyssey you get your AOR items from iHerb? I could not find it on their site.

#27 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hi,
as a lot of special supplements are more available in USA than Europe, and I would like to have this thread for helping us European members finding supplement resources within Europe.

I am starting my first request for help; does anyone know where to find quality hexaphosphate (IP-6) from an European supplier? Google is not on my side on hexaphosphate.

Regards

(edited by Matthias: threads 25113 & 11156 merged)

Edited by Matthias, 23 March 2009 - 10:36 AM.

#28 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hi,
as a lot of special supplements are more available in USA than Europe, and I would like to have this thread for helping us European members finding supplement resources within Europe.

I am starting my first request for help; does anyone know where to find quality hexaphosphate (IP-6) from an European supplier? Google is not on my side on hexaphosphate.

Regards

hey aikikai, check it > http://www.myprotein...h-and-wellness/
scroll down and voila! just found it myself last week.

but yea, great thread, since there are so many goodies in the staates that are so hard to find over here. don't ask how many times the customs here in germany have send my stuff back, cuz it's too highly dosed for german standards. my ass! the little stuff they sell over here is ultra-low-dosed and ridiculoulsy high priced, so i guess it makes sense for german economics not too accept us-supplies. not like they make enough in taxes anyway!

only seems to happen with us-based supplies though. so yes, i'm all eyes....

#29 Lotus

• 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:20 AM

I'm in the same situation, been forced to look for european suppliers. I must say that they ones i've found so far aren't very good, none of them can measure up to US suppliers like swanson or iherb. It's very hard to find one that has all the supplements I use. It's very frustrating! :(

Edited by Lotus, 21 October 2008 - 07:22 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Drifter

• 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hi, great idea for a thread, thanks for starting it. I also have a request. For some reason AOR Europe do not supply Orthomind. Does anyone know of a good quality alternative product available in Europe. The price of AOR supplements means I am worried that I will be charged customs duty if I order them from America into the UK.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users