- - - - -

Sunless tanning and vitamin D production

sunless tanning tan vitamin d nitric acid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gediminas Jesinas

• 57 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:07 PM

Hello. I wanted to ask if anybody knows ways to get skin tanned without exposure to ultraviolet? Ultraviolet radiation is like a double edged sword, on one hand it's the best natural way to produce a lot of vitamin D3 (from UV-B spectrum) and nitric acid as well natural sunscreen melanin in skin (from UV-A spectrum). Also ultraviolet helps with skin conditions like psoriasis. But shorter wavelengths like UV start to fall into the category of ionising radiation which causes degradation of all organic compounds including our skin collagen and elastin what in turn accelerates skin aging. Even short wavelength blue light constant exposure can be damaging such as from LED's as it penetrates skin and eyes even deeper. That's why I now prefer using in room red/near infrared or halogen lamps.

I love spending sunny days outdoors which seems to have caused premature aging signs on my face and palm as others are exposed most often to Sun body skin areas, I noticed not just elasticity loss and wrinkles but also that skin got more brittle and wounds heal slowly.

On white skin acne and skin redness stands out giving ugly appearance so I am hoping to find a way to get UV benefits without exposure to it. Also as caucasian I have very little melanin so UV exposure is more damaging but maybe there are safe UV dosages? I read that Dihydroxyacetone can give melanin tan without UV so maybe someone can tell more about such things and maybe there are cheaper alternatives?

I'm taking for half year now astaxanthin 12mg everyday but I did not notice almost no hyperpigmentation from it.

https://en.wikipedia...Sunless_tanning

Edited by Gediminas Jesinas, 01 November 2020 - 07:13 PM.

#2 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 11:34 PM

Melitane is what you are looking for for topical application.
Hard to find as an active
https://www.lucasmey...ducts/Melitane™

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:41 AM

melanotan or vitamin d supplement

#4 Gediminas Jesinas

• Topic Starter
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

It appears DHA only give only fake tan and tyrosinase helps generate true melanin tan.

Thanks, can't find melanotan even on Ebay. Are UV-B rays alone do a lot of irreversible damage to skin? They do not penetrate skin so deeply as longer UV-A/blue waves and responsible for conversion of cholesterol to vitamin D. I saw in soviet union (especially in northern parts of Russia) and Germany children would actually stand few meters away from quartz mercury vapor lamp to produce vitamin D (ozone producing UV-C rays are really bad so filter is needed). A lot of people have vitamin D deficiency in northern countries and I did also blood test.

http://www.forensicg...68_results.html

That eliminates need to buy supplements at risk of skin damage. Foods unfortunately don't have enough vitamin D, unless you always eat fatty fish or there is more vegan sources?

Can't find Melitane either but it's something similar to Tyrostan or tyrosinase. Tyrosinase enzyme is what actually produces melanin from tyrosine. It needs copper so getting it can help?

https://www.chemlink...kin-lightening/

Is it necessary to have sunscreen during Sun peaks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users