Rapid mood booster ?

depression anxiety

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:37 PM

Hello, i've been struggling for years with anxiety and low to middle level depression.

Regularly during the day i have periods of very low mood (close to depression)

combined with great exhaustion, i mean GREAT, i'm tired all day long, but those moments it's insane,

like i had no sleep for three days.

During those awful moments i take a combination of 0,25mg alprazolam and "Guronsan" (glucuronamide-

ascorbic acid/caféine). It does the trick to some extent.

Alcool works also, when later in the day i drink some beer and coffee, it gives a boost in energy and lowers

the anxiety.

I'd like to know if there's something around that could work like a sort of "instant mood booster" when you

have a painful depressive episode during the day...

Thank you.

#2 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

Have you considered a myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) diagnosis? 

If you satisfy these criteria, then you may have ME/CFS.

For a quick mood boost, consider:

Spanish saffron 100 mg
NADH 10 mg sublingual  

Effects kick in within an hour or two. NADH is best not to used continuously, as people find wih daily use that it's benefits disappear after some weeks. But great for an occasional mood boost, once or twice a week.

For a highly effective anti-anxiety treatment that works very well in 50% of people who try it (but does not work at all in the other 50%), see this thread:

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements! 

Edited by Hip, 06 January 2021 - 08:03 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:45 AM

I'd like to know if there's something around that could work like a sort of "instant mood booster" when you have a painful depressive episode during the day...

Look into loving-kindness meditation

#4 samson75

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the answers. Meditation is not viable for intense depression state. I'll have a look at NADH.

#5 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:06 AM

I find tyrosine makes me feel noticeably better

#6 Serenity28

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:12 AM

Could the anxiety be caused by an MTHFR mutation and methylfolate deficiency? This woman took folinic acid'(not folic acid) and methylcobalamin and her anxiety was cured.

https://www.adelaide...fca0f1ee043212c

I get severely depressed and even suicidal if I eat peanuts. Maybe some food could play a role in your depressive symptoms?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:00 AM

This isn't quite instant, though you may realize some stabilization of mood later in the day. In general, its more like a 24 hour solution.

What I find helps is taking a couple of grams of ascorbic acid for at least 2-3 days in a row. Powder in water. I see that you do something like this, but my recommendation is without the xanax. 

Something that can also help is protein powder. I generally aim for around 1 gram of protein for every four pounds of bodyweight (which is relatively low). Do that a couple of days in a row as well. The latter solution tends to help mood especially if you are physically active, but is worth trying regardless.

All of the above is a mood-stability solution to your issue, assuming that it works. You are not looking for alcohol like (temporary) mood brightening. You are looking for the felt neutralization of a depressive / anxiety state. You are looking for "neutral affect".

With the above recommendations, there is no crash. In contrast, I percieve a crash from some supplements, one being tyrosine. I'd also expect one from something like saffron. Anything truly "rapid" may lead to a crash, and its generally one that I find makes the substance not worthwhile because, unlike more potent drugs, most anything OTC that is stimulating (aside from ephedra, etc) won't last very long. 

All that being said, I don't know if the above will work as long as you are medicating with xanax and alcohol. It works subtly, and the swings from those substances may overpower it.

Edited by Ames, 29 March 2021 - 05:12 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users