Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Corn Starch in Supplements and Pharmaceuticals

pain corn azithromycin allergy aspirin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 14 February 2021 - 09:34 PM

I'm looking for a way to remove corn starch and any corn accompanying contaminants from drugs or supplements like aspirin, azithromycin, or other drugs and supplements where availability of alternatives to corn based excipients are limited, not available at all, or just not going to be something I can drive half way across the state for a compounding pharmacy.

I've noticed on several occasions that drugs and supplements containing corn starch give me some pretty strong and persistent pains. I first noticed it with a bottle of aspirin that contained it. I have been able to confirm that it was the corn starch by taking each ingredient separately after finding that lipid based resveratrol and the 50% resveratrol extract (though not other forms) was able to reverse the pain in a few high doses. My hypothesis is that it could be glyphosate or related metabolite contamination which are present in corn and biopersistant in soils. Perhaps some gmo protein in the corn but not in the allergy test for corn?

I've also confirmed this phenomena with other supplements and food based corn products. Azithromycin, a popular antibiotic, is not available in the US without corn starch in the formulation and I likely won't be able to find it in a timely manner when I drag myself into the clinic for a cough... I need a method of purifying or separating the corn starch from the rest of the drug.

Aspirin is also only available in two formulations, one with corn starch that causes pain, and one with talc which I have confirmed gives me heart burn.

So anyone out there have a surefire method of separating the corn starch from azithromycin, aspirin, or whatever else I may get Rx'd?

Does anyone have ideas as to what might be the precise culprit in the corn based excipients?

Edited by YOLF, 14 February 2021 - 09:36 PM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:09 PM

If you are taking a lot of different supplements, I would try a "supplement fast" for a couple of weeks, and then slowly add things back to see at what point the pain comes back.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:39 AM

If you are taking a lot of different supplements, I would try a "supplement fast" for a couple of weeks, and then slowly add things back to see at what point the pain comes back.

Good idea, but I did it already. The pain returns when I eat anything with corn in it, particularly corn starch. I've been aware of this phenomena since around 2015, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find corn free products, especially when it comes to things like azithromycin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain, corn, azithromycin, allergy, aspirin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users