• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Fellowships to fund PhD in Longevity?

research funding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

Hello all,

I have recently finished my master's degree in bioinformatics, following a bachelor's in molecular neuroscience & I'd like to continue my mission to extending lifespans as soon as possible by beginning a PhD (ideally computational biogerontology).

I am speaking with someone working in epigenetic reprogramming who said they would take me into their lab if we could find the funding, however, I'm not sure where to begin to look for something like a "longevity fellowship." 

Is anyone aware of something like this?

Thanks!

Best,
Brad 

• Cheerful x 1

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

Sorry that this has been missed, Brad. Wonderful that you would like to help the cause - the more people we have on board the better! :-D I will invite someone to this discussion who may be able to sign post you to the relevant people, if possible.  I don't know if it will be worth it but have you tried contacting www.sens.org? I know that SENS sometimes fund people to study in that field.

Edited by Droplet, 09 April 2021 - 02:31 PM.

#3 TheDoorsOfPerception

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:46 AM

Hi Droplet!

Yes, I have indeed and there are simply incredible (One of AdG's TED talks was the reason I began this path actually). I believe most of their education funding efforts however are desiged for recently graduated, post-Bacc internships, and not PhDs.  

Thank you very much for the response and sounds good! :-) 
I look forward to their input.

Best,
Brad

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 04:24 PM

You could apply with the SENS research foundation.

LongeCity has supported nascent researchers at times, if they work for one of our affiliated labs. However, these are usually short-term arrangements (usually less than a year), and valued at a couple thousand dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users