* * * * * 1 votes

HPA mystery

mifepristone hpa cortisol glucocorticoid receptors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vimy

• 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:07 PM

I have a couple questions I need medical detectives for. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

Main problem is a messed up HPA axis which causes the symptoms of low cortisol. Yet serum cortisol is within range.

- When I feel my body needs more cortisol, like when I attempt to run or take antibiotics, I feel pain at the back of my head, just above my neck. Could this somehow be related to the pituiary gland?

- I tried to reset the hpa with mifepristone. After my first dose, 200 mg, whenever I take hydrocortison or licorice I feel the same symptoms like when my cortisol is too low. Could the mifepristone have done something with my glucocorticoid receptors?

- My HPA axis feedback loop seems really sensitive. Example: Drinking caffeine, which raises cortisol, and I will have permanently lowered my cortisol production starting from the next day.
Or using a skin ointment with 1 % hydrocortisone, same effect. A really minimal ammount on my skin is enough to influence the hpa feedback loop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mifepristone, hpa, cortisol, glucocorticoid receptors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users