Fisetin: Mayo protocol Vs. Daily use?

fisetin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimWoodall

• Registrant
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:45 PM

I'm so confused.  I am seeing in many places folks are talking a bout daily use of fisetin in the 400mg-800mg range, but everything I read here talks about using the 2 day protocol.    I've also read people here say that you need that high dose to overwhelm the liver for reasons that are outside of my understanding of biology.

So what's the story? What about a daily 400mg dose and a quarterly Mayo Clinic protocol?

thoughts?

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:44 PM

In some of the studies I have looked at (mice primarily), it seems 1 week on and 1 week off was used at times.

• Informative x 1

#3 Milind

• 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:47 PM

The Mayo protocol for fisetin is 20 mg/kg body weight on day 1 and day 30.I will be doing this shortly, as soon as I recieve the drug. Presumably this is better. Prof James Kirkland talks of "hit and run", to minimise toxicity. 

#4 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:19 AM

I don't think I would do senolytic dosing of fisetin (or any senolytic) on a daily basis for any length of time.

It doesn't seem to be needed. As a senolytic, it seems to be effective in a 2-3 day regimen (F and D+Q). Also, you are altering a number of key enzymes and protein synthesis chains. Chronic (i.e. daily) use could have unwanted effects outside its senolytic activity. Finally the senolytic effect seems to be dose dependent, i.e. low doses don't seem to exert much senolytic effect. The Mayo clinic hit on 20mg/kg for safe use in frail 70+ women. Mouse studies have gone as high as 2000mg/kg acute dose with no adverse effects. Finally, you are killing off cells. It is probably a good idea to allow time for removal and healing.

Just an aside... Berberine  looks to be a mTOR1 inhibitor like rapamycin only without all the nasty side effects (and they potentiate each other).

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fisetin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users