• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

For those considering dermal hyaluronic acid fillers.

filler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 06:19 PM

Hey there. I am a 29 year old male who has had filler once in my life. I had half a syringe of restylane under each eye (I have genetic eye bags), and half a syringe of a thicker filler called Voluma in each cheek (I have very flat cheeks also genetic).

Anyway, I had them about 5 years ago. After two years they dissipated about 50 percent. Then after that, they just continued to remain at about 50 percent for years up until a few weeks ago.

I got a vaccine (The last time I have had a vaccine of any type was when I was 21, before fillers).. Well I got the covid vaccine.

In the evening the fillers in my left and right cheek got hot and tight feeling. The left even started hurting.

Basically, the vaccine, as it has been reported to do, ending up causing inflammation in my fillers.

A couple of days later, my facial shape is different. I wondered why.

Then I felt where my fillers are. Turns out I could barely feel them anymore. They had inflamed, swelled, and literally disappeared. I called my surgeon from years ago. He said other people who get vaccines with fillers (not just cpvid vaccines), sometimes have the side effect where the inflammation of the fillers occurs in response to a vaccine, and sometimes during that inflammation, the filler is literally degraded too in some cases.

Well it happened to me. And to make things Worse, clearly some of it even migrated to the left part of my jawline making my face look weird and off balance.

Just a warning. Fillers indeed can be effected by vaccines.
  • Informative x 1

#2 starshade

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2021 - 11:35 PM

Very interesting.

First of all, you are lucky that your Voluma/restylane last that over 2 years. My voluma lasted a few months... at least at noticable sizes.  But I thought that I too got some strange sensations from the injected areas after my covid shot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Qowpel

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 11:55 PM

Very interesting.

First of all, you are lucky that your Voluma/restylane last that over 2 years. My voluma lasted a few months... at least at noticable sizes. But I thought that I too got some strange sensations from the injected areas after my covid shot.

Hmm. Interesting! Could you describe what exactly happened regarding those sensations?

#4 starshade

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2021 - 12:26 AM

Nothing spectacular happened. Just tingling-ish sensations that I had not felt in months. The sensations vanished the next day. I also thouight it was funny because the vaccination questionaire given prior to the shot asked me if I had HA based fillers and I ticked yes.

Kind of wish this forum had a section for plastic/appearance altering procedures to discuss more topics and research in depth. Surgeons publish a lot of interesting findings and there's no place in the internet to dicuss the body augmentation from more scientific standpoints...

Edited by starshade, 06 September 2021 - 12:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: filler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users