Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pwk11

• 42 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

Hello all, great forum. Ive learned quite a bit just reading through the posts.
I have been trying a stack and altering it as I go.
I started with 3 mg liquid deprenyl for a few days. I noticed some minor cogaitive enhancements.
After 3 days I added piracetam. 600mg 2x daily. The first day I took{with deprenyl} it I felt GREAT
for about 4 hours, then got tired. I tried the "attack dose"{800mg x4 daily}, that i now read is not documented as proven to help. I was so tired I could barely work. I cut back to 2x a day and still too tired. I did this for one week.
I read aniracetam is not as sedating. I tried that and it isnt as bad but still tired.
by this time my hydergine arrived. I started it at on half of the 4.5 tablet daily and built up to one tab daily.
I cut the deprenyl back becuse it was making me foggy immediatly after taking it. Since I cut it out i can think clearly again. I`m thinking 1 mg evry few days may be enough of that. I`m 51 years old.
I read about the choline depletion that can occur from the use of these supplements so I got some choline/insotol mix. I took a half of one{250 mg} laid dpwn for a nap,and when I stood up out of bed I almost passed out. Legs of lead,dizzy,lightheaded ect. I am assuming,after searching the posts here,that that the inositol and hydergine,both being vasodialators,dropped my blood pressure way down. So I stopped that. I still get a slight feeling of lightheadedness thoughout the day,yet my bp is hormal. I ordered some alpha-GPC hoping that will help with the tiredness.
I tend to get tired in waves during the day anyway. It doesnt appear to be low suger because 2 hershey bars and coffee dont help.
So anyways, My current stack is:
new:
1 mg liquid deprenylevery other day
4.5 hydergene,split dose
250 mg phenylalinine
1500 aniracetam,split dose

old and still taking:
12 mg subligual pregnenolone{basic hormone balance}
25mg subligual 5-htp { for seritonin}
100mg b complex
1260 mg kelp {possible thyroid}
1 claritin {allergies,pollen,ect}
1200 red yeast rice{lowered total cholesterol 50+ points}
calcium,magnesium,zinc combo
potassium 99mgx4

I tred NADH 5 and 10 mg. Seems to give me some energy,but I am trying to simplify to isolate effects. So i am laying of it for now.

Questions:

About racetams:
I tried pir and got too tired. Ani is better,how is oxi in terms of tiredness? Worth a try?

I read oxi affects the sleeping waves {theta-delta?} the least,but its the most chemically like pir so that doesnt make sense.

Most people say ani makes them least tired,true?

Ive read ani has the shortest half life,but due to it being fat soluble.it`s effects last longer,seems contradictory. is it true?

Relentless improvements racitams are very pure,how do bulk nurtitions compare?

Other stuff

I got hydergine from 2 different places. Nu brain and IAS, Hydergina and redizork
Are both reliable?

The redizork itablets are rose colored with no markings. Are they valid?
NuBrain kind of rammed 60 tabs into a 20 tab box and crossed out the 20 and wrote 60 in pen.The tab containers are sealed and not out of date though. I was wondering if any of that is unusual or suspect in your experiences.
the box from IAS seems more normal,white tabs with markings{novaris}.

My blood pressure runs around 115/65 normally. Is that considered low in terms of these suppliments dropping it ?

Will the alphaGPC drop my BP this way?

Will any niacin drop it this way? {the way inositol may have}

Is ther some other possible reason besides BP for the symptoms of lightheadedness,faint upon arising out of bed{only happened onceafter inositol}? or general lightheadedness while walking around? { in terms of my stack}

Jesus that a lot of questions! I appreciate any responses in advance.

#2 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

You need to try things for a longer period of time than just a day or two to see what it does. Many of those substances do not exert their effects right away. Bulk Nutrition's stuff seems good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:31 AM

Hello all, great forum. Ive learned quite a bit just reading through the posts.
I have been trying a stack and altering it as I go.
I started with 3 mg liquid deprenyl for a few days. I noticed some minor cogaitive enhancements.
After 3 days I added piracetam. 600mg 2x daily. The first day I took{with deprenyl} it I felt GREAT
for about 4 hours, then got tired. I tried the "attack dose"{800mg x4 daily}, that i now read is not documented as proven to help. I was so tired I could barely work. I cut back to 2x a day and still too tired. I did this for one week.
I read aniracetam is not as sedating. I tried that and it isnt as bad but still tired.
by this time my hydergine arrived. I started it at on half of the 4.5 tablet daily and built up to one tab daily.
I cut the deprenyl back becuse it was making me foggy immediatly after taking it. Since I cut it out i can think clearly again. I`m thinking 1 mg evry few days may be enough of that. I`m 51 years old.
I read about the choline depletion that can occur from the use of these supplements so I got some choline/insotol mix. I took a half of one{250 mg} laid dpwn for a nap,and when I stood up out of bed I almost passed out. Legs of lead,dizzy,lightheaded ect. I am assuming,after searching the posts here,that that the inositol and hydergine,both being vasodialators,dropped my blood pressure way down. So I stopped that. I still get a slight feeling of lightheadedness thoughout the day,yet my bp is hormal. I ordered some alpha-GPC hoping that will help with the tiredness.
I tend to get tired in waves during the day anyway. It doesnt appear to be low suger because 2 hershey bars and coffee dont help.
So anyways, My current stack is:
new:
1 mg liquid deprenylevery other day
4.5 hydergene,split dose
250 mg phenylalinine
1500 aniracetam,split dose

old and still taking:
12 mg subligual pregnenolone{basic hormone balance}
25mg subligual 5-htp { for seritonin}
100mg b complex
1260 mg kelp {possible thyroid}
1 claritin {allergies,pollen,ect}
1200 red yeast rice{lowered total cholesterol 50+ points}
calcium,magnesium,zinc combo
potassium  99mgx4

I tred NADH 5  and 10 mg. Seems to give me some energy,but I am trying to simplify to isolate effects.  So i am laying of it for now.

Questions:

About racetams:
I tried pir and got too tired. Ani is better,how is oxi in terms of tiredness? Worth a try?

I read oxi affects the sleeping waves {theta-delta?} the least,but its the most chemically like pir so that doesnt make sense.

Most people say ani makes them least tired,true?

Ive read ani has the shortest half life,but due to it being fat soluble.it`s effects last longer,seems contradictory. is it true?

Relentless improvements racitams are very pure,how do bulk nurtitions compare?

Other stuff

I got hydergine from 2 different places. Nu brain and IAS, Hydergina and redizork
Are both reliable?

The redizork itablets are rose colored with no markings. Are they valid?
NuBrain kind of rammed 60 tabs into a 20 tab box and crossed out the 20 and wrote 60 in pen.The tab containers are sealed and not out of date though. I was wondering if any of that is unusual or suspect in your experiences.
the box from IAS seems more normal,white tabs with markings{novaris}.

My blood pressure runs around 115/65 normally. Is that considered low in terms of these suppliments dropping it ?

Will the alphaGPC drop my BP this way?

Will any niacin drop it this way? {the way inositol may have}

Is ther some other possible reason besides BP for the symptoms of lightheadedness,faint upon arising out of bed{only happened onceafter inositol}?  or general lightheadedness while walking around? { in terms of my stack}

Jesus that a lot of questions! I appreciate any responses in advance.

You are asking way too much to answer with the limited time I would prefer to spend typing today...

I would be happy to speak with you regarding these issues --- I imagine a five minute conversation could easily wrap up most of your questions. I am not a doctor, but I might be able to send you in the right direction. Feel free to send me a PM (personal message) with your phone number.

Peace out.

#4 pwk11

• Topic Starter
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

I wont be giving out my phone number,but thx for the offer. Paul

#5 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:35 AM

Does anyone else want to take a shot at answering all of these questions? i would prefer not to type all day...

Peace.

#6 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:01 AM

pwk11, what are you trying to achieve with your nootropic supplementation? I am not sure how those substances that you mentioned interact, but I would be very careful...if something nearly made me faint, I would never take it again.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 ~ prometheus ~

• 66 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:19 AM

re: lightheadedness, i'd get the same thing if i used piracetam and hydergine without a good choline supplement. i reckon once you start taking the a-GPC some of the side-effects will go away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users