Vitamin D and Atrial Fibrillation

vitamin d atrial fibrillation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:10 PM

I'd love to know what other's think about the link between Vitamin D supplementation and Atrial Fibrillation.

I keep hearing about the benefits of Vit D but am concerned about triggering AFib.  I'm hypothyroid and already am on Thyroxine which can be a risk factor for AFib.  I don't have it, but have had a lot of heart 

anxiety due to past events with other people.  I have a bit of atrial ectopy but cardiologist is not at all worried, said it is unlikely to progress to anything else.

Does anyone know any more indepth info on this or whether there are supplements to take alongside Vitamin D that prevent this type of risk.  

Thanks

• Needs references x 1

#2 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

Can you share the source(s) for any link between Vitamin D and AF?

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:03 PM

Can you share the source(s) for any link between Vitamin D and AF?

Agreed I have never heard of such a thing. In fact I've consistently heard the opposite from Dr. Berg and other's. 

• like x 1

#4 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2021 - 10:59 PM

Interesting, thanks Harkijn and The Fountain.

Here's one reference.  I've read a few over the last couple of years so I will review and come back, but I had not realised it could also be for deficiency, so appreciate your responses.  

Abstract 14699: Vitamin D Excess Is Significantly Associated with Risk of Atrial Fibrillation | Circulation (ahajournals.org)

• Enjoying the show x 1

#5 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:40 PM

Thoughts on that reference anyone?

#6 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:47 PM

Agreed I have never heard of such a thing. In fact I've consistently heard the opposite from Dr. Berg and other's. 

The Fountain, would you have any references or can point me in the direction of other sources of info?  PM if you prefer.  Thanks

#7 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2021 - 09:00 AM

Thoughts on that reference anyone?

An interesting find! I had never heard of this and your thread may turn out to be very useful for those who are swept along with (for instance) dr. Patrick's enthusiasm about Vit. D. and the fact that supplement vendors hand it out for free.

The review sees AF as a consequence of hypercalcemia. If this is correct I have a suggestion for you: take some vitamine K2! In wintertime I take moderate amounts of VitD a few times a week and on those days I supplement some vitamine K2 to counteract any possible hypercalcemia.

I take 10 mcg VitD and 100 mcg K2. 

I add a recent review.

Attached Files

Edited by Harkijn, 25 October 2021 - 09:01 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2021 - 11:35 PM

Thanks Harkijn, this is also what the manufacturers told me.  Thanks for the reference, I will read.

Anyone else?  There will more of a show to enjoy if you join in  :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users