Photo

Hair Regrowth

hair regrowth hair growrh alopecia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 09:50 PM

Anyone have any success with this? Prefer topicals. No propecia, etc.

#2 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 10:12 PM

I just saw a study that topical ethanolic extract of He Shou Wu (polygonum multiflorum) causes follicular genesis and hair regrowth.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/21419834/

There are more citations out there. One states folliculogenesis - I'd have to search for it.

This is specifically a topical application of the ethanolic extract.
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:34 AM

Adenosine increases anagen hair growth and thick hairs in Japanese women with female pattern hair loss: a pilot, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/19239555/

Problem is adenosine is hard to come by. I can't get pure adenosine anywhere 

If someone has a source please let me know. There is a Japanese hair product with adenosine in it, but its too weak to work 

A New Strategy Increases Hair Growth – Combination of Topical Adenosine and Caffeine Hair Tonic

, Department of Research and Development, S.S. Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Thailand Dermatol & Cosmet JOJ 2(1):

JOJDC.MS.ID.555577 (2019) 006

Abstract

Male pattern hair loss (MPHL) and female pattern hair loss (FMPL) are important issues in cosmetic dermatology. The efficacy of hair tonic product containing 0.75% adenosine and 1.5% caffeine was assessed in male and female subjects with MPHL and FMPL. A single-blind, randomized, half-split study was conducted. Effectiveness of the hair tonic was assessed in the improvement of hair density by 6 weeks. In addition, satisfaction on product characteristics and hair shedding reduction were also evaluated. The results showed that the hair density was significantly increased by 40% and 55% at week 6 and week 8, respectively. Subjects scored high level on product characteristics and efficacy. No serious side effect was observed after the application. The results showed that 0.75% adenosine and 1.5% caffeine hair tonic were effective in MPHL and FMPL subjects with a high level of overall satisfaction.

Edited by Phoebus, 03 February 2022 - 06:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, regrowth, hair growrh, alopecia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users