Speed and power loss with age

aging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valvolt

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2021 - 08:15 PM

The very short text in attachment explains that some motor units get disconnected from the neuron that controls them with age

In your opinion or knowledge, can this be hacked somehow?
If so, what nootropics or practices could help with it?

Lots of thanks to whoever will reply

Attached Files

#2 Paravani

• 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:12 PM

It's my understanding that the brain is perpetually rewiring itself. Memories are not held by specific neurons, but exist only as patterns of electrical impulses that are passed between neurons... something like the dynamic memory in a computer, as opposed to static memory.

There is no reason why control of muscle groups would be any different. Countless case studies have shown that the brain is dynamic, and can often repair even significant damage.

Maintain your brain's overall health by eating right, exercising regularly, and avoiding drugs and alcohol.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:18 AM

Anecdotally, I hear that NMN and MK-677 are very helpful with decline of vitality.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:08 PM

It's my understanding that the brain is perpetually rewiring itself. Memories are not held by specific neurons, but exist only as patterns of electrical impulses that are passed between neurons... something like the dynamic memory in a computer, as opposed to static memory.

There is no reason why control of muscle groups would be any different. Countless case studies have shown that the brain is dynamic, and can often repair even significant damage.

Maintain your brain's overall health by eating right, exercising regularly, and avoiding drugs and alcohol.

From what I have read and from what I have heard from experts...while good diet, exercise, fasting, meditation, and many other natural hacks can slow down the loss of "speed and power", there is nothing that reverses this decline. Most people lose 1% of muscle strength per year beginning at age 40 and it is very difficult to "bend that curve" more in your favor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users