• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What are your thoughts on NUCHIDO TIME+ and Dr. Nichola Conlon ?

nuchido time nichola conlon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 cjacek

• 56 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I would be very interested in what YOU think of Dr. Nichola Conlon and, specifically, about her NUCHIDO TIME+ supplement, which was introduced a few years ago and, from what I can tell, has had a terribly difficult time penetrating the market to any significant degree, which frankly surprises me a bit. I have some background in longevity science, have followed Dr. Conlon's work and it puzzles me that there's hardly any love for this product, despite the impressive person and the science behind it. What gives? Any thoughts? What went wrong? I may want to pass this info on to Dr. Conlon, so I'd appreciate any helpful comments and perhaps any constructive criticism that you may have.

Thanks for your time,

Dan

#2 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2022 - 02:39 PM

I was taking NR 300mg a day . Didn't feel anything from it same thing with 500mgs of NMM a day . Took it for a year still woke up tired . I starter taking TIME+ when it first came out . I could tell the difference in about two weeks . woke up feeling much better through out the day .I am still on it and feel very good but it's a litte pricy .
  • like x 1

#3 brundall

• 97 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:46 PM

Lack of market penetration is down to three basic things imo

1. Too expensive for the ingredients included - $65 for a 30 day supply when you can purchase all of the separate ingredients for pennies a day does not make a huge seller.

2. It doesn't contain an ingredient de jour such as NR or NMN - nobody believes you can achieve the same effect with cheaper non cutting edge ingredients and therefore do not buy it

3. Marketing - or lack of  

• Informative x 1

#4 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:11 AM

I was taking NR 300mg a day . Didn't feel anything from it same thing with 500mgs of NMM a day . Took it for a year still woke up tired . I starter taking TIME+ when it first came out . I could tell the difference in about two weeks . woke up feeling much better through out the day .I am still on it and feel very good but it's a litte pricy .

Very interesting, thank you for your feedback. 

#5 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:15 AM

1. Too expensive for the ingredients included - $65 for a 30 day supply when you can purchase all of the separate ingredients for pennies a day does not make a huge seller.

2. It doesn't contain an ingredient de jour such as NR or NMN - nobody believes you can achieve the same effect with cheaper non cutting edge ingredients and therefore do not buy it

Thank you for the interesting and very specific points, very helpful. 

Edited by cjacek, 19 July 2022 - 11:16 AM.

#6 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:30 AM

Same here. Several years ago I had my mother, who was in her mid 70's then, on NR (similar dose to yours) and then when the NR produced no effect whatsoever, I switched her to NMN, nearly a gram daily in divided doses. She was on that for nearly a year. Did nothing for her. Waste of money.

I then saw Dr. Nichola Conlon speak, at one of her many seminars that she attended, undoing aging and raadfest in 2019 were the first ones I think.. Anyway, what she talked about made total sense. I knew right then that gulping down expensive precursors wasn't the most efficient (or effective way) to restore NAD levels. Long story short, I put my mom on TIME+ and she just felt better on it. Still taking it after 2 years. Yeah, it's a little pricey, I agree but, in my view, it's really all you need for its intended purpose.    

I do agree that it definitely seems, especially looking at the label, that the product is overpriced but consider that there's a lot more going on "under the hood", than it seems. I think that Nuchido's attempts at hiding (protecting) the exact contents of TIME+ kinda backfired. It made it seem "cheap" with a high price tag (which is untrue). For example, many people don't know this, especially looking at the label, that one of the ingredients in TIME+ is the superior but very expensive "R" version of Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA) and NOT the cheap ALA. The daily dosage of R-ALA (in TIME+) is 600 mg and when you look around, 600 mg pure R-ALA is damn expensive. This brings up the cost of the product. But you wouldn't know it, looking at the label. That was a mistake not putting that info on the label. This information, however, is on the website and also confirmed by Dr. Nichola but they kinda blew it on the label. 

There's a lot of other stuff in there, another example being the parsley extract. A lot of people believe it's just off the shelf cheap parsley but it's likely a highly concentrated extract, maybe 10:1 ratio, to yield the most apigenin content.  Some people ask why parsley and not just apigenin. That's because isolated apigenin is unstable and not well absorbed by the body. On the other hand, the apigegin as part of the parsley matrix is stable and very well absorbed. The same thing with the other ingredients, the general premise being that compounds work best when part of the whole food matrix.

Anyway, I do agree that the product could use a price reduction, to bring more people on board because, I know for myself, even though I could hack up my own version for perhaps a bit cheaper, using bulk suppliers, it's really a pain in the ass and I would rather take a convenient six capsules daily, which were already pre-mixed, pre-measured, "tried and true" and had gone through all certifications (and clinical studies) vs doing it on my own. All the more easier if the price was right. Plus it'd be nice to support this company, if I had the choice. 

Actually, I'm also patiently awaiting NUCHIDO to release their multi-person study, which should be good for their marketing. Here's what it says on their website: "We currently have a 24-person placebo controlled double-blinded cross over study in progress. Male and female participants aged between 20-80 consumed Nuchido TIME+ and placebo capsules for 4-weeks at a time, with a 4-week washout period in between. All clinical samples have now been collected and detailed lab analysis is underway, including NAD+ levels, NAD+ metabolite levels and downstream effects of high NAD+ levels."

Anyway, Dr. Nichola also gets into the details why ingredients "de jour" such as NR or NMN are not needed nor required, just fascinating stuff really. Actually, let me do a short summary of the ingredients in TIME+ and what they do, 'cause it's just plain interesting:

- Sophora japonica extract, which contains the flavonoids Quercetin, Rutin and Troxrutin for their ability to activate NAMPT (the enzyme which powers the Salvage Pathway). Allowing the cell to recycle NAD+ in the same way youthful cells do.

- R Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA) for its ability to activate the AMPK pathway. This is the pathway activated by exercise and fasting – which are known to increase NAD+. ALA mimics this and AMPK further activates the NAMPT enzyme to promote NAD+ recycling.

- Parsley leaf extract contains large amounts of bio-available apigenin which inhibits the activation of CD38. The expression of CD38 increases with age and is known to be one of the main consumers of NAD+. Some people ask why parsley and not just apigenin. That's because isolated apigenin is unstable and not well absorbed by the body. On the other hand, the apigegin as part of the parsley matrix is stable and very well absorbed. (The general premise being that compounds work best when part of the whole food matrix). 

- Green tea leaf extract contains EGCG for its ability to inhibit NNMT. This enzyme powers the pathway that removes nicotinamide (NAM) from the cell. Now the Salvage pathway has been restored NAM can be recycled back into fresh NAD+, so its removal is inhibited.

- Extra nicotinamide (NAM), as this can now be recycled, to further boost NAD+ levels.

- Black pepper extract, contains piperine, which improves absorption of the ingredients in the formula.

-------------------------------------

#7 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:20 PM

NUCHDO TIME + has don'e more for me than MMN or NR ever have for my health .

#8 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 10:49 AM

NUCHDO TIME + has don'e more for me than MMN or NR ever have for my health .

Agreed. 

#9 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 07:12 AM

This thread reads like a sales pitch.

#10 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:35 PM

Not a sales pitch . I've been taking it for 3 years .

#11 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 10:14 PM

I was thinking about taking it again. Only the price point has stopped me.

#12 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, sorry, I know it might read like a sales pitch but I can assure you that I have no vested interest in the company or product, other than liking the supplement and wanting to get the word out. I would however advise, for anyone interested in trying this product, to take extra vitamin B1, because Lipoic Acid can lower the body's levels of this nutrient, which can be dangerous, and since there is a relatively large amount of the R-ALA in there, I would therefore urge caution in this regard. I also would advise taking with food and never on an empty stomach, split the daily dosage into two portions, due to the ample amounts of EGCG in there. Take periodic days off too. And have your blood-work done including liver, to make sure all is good. 

#13 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:29 AM

I was thinking about taking it again. Only the price point has stopped me.

If you email them, ask them if they could set you up on a 3 month subscription with an extra 20% off (on top of the subscription savings). That would set you back $132 USD for 3 bottles (plus shipping which is fairly cheap to the US, like 7 bucks or thereabouts?). So that comes out to about 45 per month. That's what they did for me when I brought the issue up. Also, once set up, you can always modify the subscription ("next ship date") or even cancel and reactivate (without losing the deal). That's the only way to get some savings. But I do agree, rather than go through all that, the price point should have been always lower from the start. 

#14 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:45 AM

It looks interesting but:

• Their study was never published anywhere, and consisted of one male and one female subject, with no controls
  • Nowhere in the study does it specify the ingredients of what was tested, and there is no way to know if what they are selling is even the same as what was tested in this tiny study
  • They don't even list all the ingredients of the capsules, or if they do, that wasn't clear to me

Also, there is a typo or other issue in their FAQ where it says to take 6 and then 3 capsules a day.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#15 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2023 - 05:11 PM

Three capsules twice a day . All the ingredients are on their website an bottle .

#16 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 09:30 PM

Three capsules twice a day . All the ingredients are on their website an bottle .

Maybe someone from there is reading this thread. They fixed the issue between the time I posted and you posted.

• Informative x 2

#17 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 04 February 2024 - 11:28 AM

Nicola Conlan's science background is a bit skimpy. She started her career in sales and direct-marketing, has worked as cosmetician and has a PhD in physiology. 

See:

While the video is a positive review of Nuchido Time, it mentions her career history. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users