• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Might try going heavy on cumin to investigate cuminaldehyde's anti-lewybody properties. But need cumin with less Pb/Cd

cuminaldehyde cumin alpha-synuclein herbs lewy bodies dementia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:57 PM

Has anyone who likes cumin (for whatever reason) taken the time to compare various brands and their metals assay? Lead and cadmium and arsenic are very often problems in cumin from the spice rack. It's almost typical, from what I can tell; the plant sucks it up from the soil pretty aggressively.

I don't know if anyone has a product that purports to be within limits of these heavy metals? Anyone know?

It has been shown that cuminaldehyde, as a small molecule, inhibits the fibrillation of alpha-synuclein, which, if aggregated, forms insoluble fibrils in pathological conditions characterized by Lewy bodies, such as Parkinson's diseasedementia with Lewy bodies[3] and multiple system atrophy.

#2 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 10:33 PM

I'm afraid I don't have the answers to this but would be interested in anything you can share on the condition of lewy body dementia, we lost a relative to this who had a strict healthy lifestyle all her life and is survived by the heavy smokers, drinkers etc, it's so weird.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cuminaldehyde, cumin, alpha-synuclein, herbs, lewy bodies, dementia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users