• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone experienced a taurine deficiency, possibly due to Candida overgrowth (too much beta alanine)?

taurine candida

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2022 - 03:30 AM

So I’ve been suffering with hypomania for a few years now.

I’ve also been suffering for a year and a half from a wound/lesion behind my right ear that just won’t heal. Anti fungal helped a little, but it would just never heal, even when using emu oil. I actually have a decent stack that covers everything, including a vitamin k complex, c, d, e multivitamin and other things, but it just doesn’t heal.

Anyway I decided to try higher doses of taurine recently(8g+) taken once in the morning, and my hypomania has subsided and my ear is actually healing.

I’ve recently learnt a few things:

1. A taurine deficiency can cause hypomania.

2. Taurine can help wound healing, and mitochondrial health.

3. Candida creates beta alanine.

4. Beta alanine uses the same transporter as taurine and thus competes for absorption.

So it may be possible a Candida overgrowth could result in a taurine deficiency.

The thing is my stack already had 1g of taurine in it. It was only when I upped the dosage did I see a benefit to my hypomania and wound healing. 

The negatives I’m currently experiencing are insomnia, mental tiredness, and unfocused vision (I think it’s slight disassociation). So it hasn’t been all rosy. I’m thinking a therapeutic dose would be somewhere between the 3-5g range as 1g is too low for any benefit in myself (been taking this dose for awhile) and 8g is too high with benefits but also side effects.

Has anyone ever experienced or suspected a taurine deficiency in themselves, or dealt with Candida and it effecting them mentally?

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 19 October 2022 - 03:32 AM.

#2 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:41 PM

Has candida overgrowth actually been shown to occur in otherwise healthy patients that do not have some other underlying pathology?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: taurine, candida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users