Till I can rest my case

I'm trying to find a grain of truth in this web of lies

I'm trying to find a grain of truth in this web of lies

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:20 PM

I've always taken pride in my chill temperament.  Raised by single mom & grandmother (no older males in the house at all), and dealing with room-mates during much of my young adult life, raw anger has always been a foreign emotion.  Never liked sports, or many other traditionally masculine adventures.  Icy cold during unpleasant situations during my divorce.  

Still recall the day I opened RFK jr's "The Real Anthony Fauci".  I'd heard of books you couldn't put down, but never one you had to put down for a while after each chapter.  Boiling mad, and ready to fall to the ground, kicking and screaming for the first time since I was two years old!  Still can't get over how I felt around a year ago today.

For those who have not read this, but would like a small sample of his wickedness, I recommend a 3 minute read of: Whitewashing AIDS History

https://www.huffpost...story_b_4762295

From the Huffington Post no less!  

Frontline doctors treating AIDS patients in the field, discovered a cheap generic was saving a lot of lives, but Fauci was only interested in promoting his new and very expensive AZT.  

An estimated 17K died unnecessarily while Fauci sat on his hands, saying "no proof", "more studies needed" & "my new drug is better".  Sound familiar?  By the time COVID arrived, Fauci had perfected his sabotage of science, and this time, the cheap generics didn't stand a chance.  The war was over before it had even begun, & Fauci the pharma shill won!  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 11 December 2022 - 05:33 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Agree x 2

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:58 PM

https://gfycat.com/w...damericanbadger

Edited by Dorian Grey, 11 December 2022 - 05:58 PM.

#4 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

That book finally turned around some relatives so they would stop boosting.
This situation will take a while to unravel, but hopefully we will learn from it and not make the same mistakes again.
There are still some brave individuals willing to come forth.

https://twitter.com/...004424390127617

https://dontspeaknew...-out-of-200000/

128 Research Studies confirm efficacy of natural immunity versus COVID-19 vaccine induced immunity: Documented, Linked, and Quoted
https://raypeatforum...d-quoted.43702/

Edited by zorba990, 11 December 2022 - 06:47 PM.

• like x 1

#5 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 09:07 PM

I've always taken pride in my chill temperament.  Raised by single mom & grandmother (no older males in the house at all), and dealing with room-mates during much of my young adult life, raw anger has always been a foreign emotion.  Never liked sports, or many other traditionally masculine adventures.  Icy cold during unpleasant situations during my divorce.  

Still recall the day I opened RFK jr's "The Real Anthony Fauci".  I'd heard of books you couldn't put down, but never one you had to put down for a while after each chapter.  Boiling mad, and ready to fall to the ground, kicking and screaming for the first time since I was two years old!  Still can't get over how I felt around a year ago today.

That's how Robert F Kennedy Jr (aka the Grim Reaper) operates: RFKj tries to rouse emotion in his followers rather than reason. He should have been a Hollywood scriptwriter, or the leader of a cult religion.

Robert F Kennedy Jr's strategy is to get people so angry, so that their rage prevents them from noticing that his actual argument is garbage. Robert F Kennedy Jr has a net worth of $50 million, money he made from promoting his antivax propaganda and conspiracy theories to the public using emotive techniques. 

Robert F Kennedy Jr's antivax propaganda has killed untold numbers of people, which is why he deserves the Grim Reaper epithet. 

Robert F Kennedy Jr's own family have denounced his antivax views, saying that he “is part of a misinformation campaign that’s having heartbreaking — and deadly — consequences.” 

The family argued that Kennedy Jr “helped to spread dangerous misinformation over social media and is complicit in sowing distrust of the science behind vaccines.”

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 10:22 PM

Hip, do you really believe Fauci's "just isolate at home & call 911 if you start turning blue" was really the very best we could do in the dark days of 20/21?  

Was remdesivir really the game-changer that made any attempt at outpatient treatment not worth trying? 

Are you not troubled by all the major studies of HCQ & IVM being done on hospitalized patients, withholding treatment until they were critically ill?  

Should doctors really have been banned from prescribing any/all potential therapeutics, even as a placebo to give frightened and desperate seniors a little hope?  

Were you not at all disappointed in the vaccines & masks, when everyone fell ill with omicron, & transmitted it to all around them?  

Are you not troubled the US / UK had some of the highest case fatality rates on the planet?  

Would you really not change a thing about our COVID response?  Should Fauci be honored with statues in every town as our pandemic saviour? 

Was it really right & proper for Fauci to sit on his hands and stay silent, regarding Bactrim while thousands died during the darkest days of AIDS?  

#7 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 11:31 PM

Hip, do you really believe Fauci's "just isolate at home & call 911 if you start turning blue" was really the very best we could do in the dark days of 20/21?

I think that was the advice in the UK too.

I don't see what else we could have been done. If you cast your mind back to the beginning of the pandemic, hospitals were overloaded, so they could only deal with the severe cases. People were told to stay at home and self-isolate and recover, and not visit the doctor or a hospital unless things got worse. This was to stop the infection spreading to others, which is a policy that saves lives.

Are you not troubled by all the major studies of HCQ & IVM being done on hospitalized patients, withholding treatment until they were critically ill?

At the time, at the beginning of the pandemic, hundreds of drugs, herbs and supplements were being touted as possible COVID treatments, with little or no evidence of efficacy. Should hospitals have stuffed COVID patients full with every one of these drugs, herbs and supplements, until they had taken so many pills that they rattled? This is the issue if you want to abandon evidence-based medicine.

There is still no good evidence now to show that hydroxychloroquine can help, even after all this time. Studies show mixed results. Vitamin D may be helpful to a degree, especially in those who are deficient, we know that now; but at the time, vitamin D was just one of hundreds of supplements that were touted to be potentially helpful.

I don' think it would make much sense for the government to officially advise COVID patients to raid a vitamin store, buy every single supplement on the shelves, and take them all, in the hope that one of them might help. Of course, if you want to do that yourself, there is nothing stopping you. But it would be a weird piece of advice for the government to say to people "just take every vitamin going, anything you can get your hands on".

Are you not troubled the US / UK had some of the highest case fatality rates on the planet?

Let's ascribe the blame for the high death rate in the West to those who deserve it: the general public (including the politicians). People in the West were flouting the social distancing, lockdown and masking rules. That's the reason the liberal West has higher fatality rates. By comparison, in the communitarian countries like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, where people by their culture follow the rules and co-operate with their government, per capita deaths were massively lower than in the West.

So it the rebellious nature of Westerners that is responsible for the high COVID death rates. We rebelled against everything: social distancing, masks, lockdowns, vaccines, and some people were not even bothering to self-isolate when they caught COVID, which is incredible selfish. We have only ourselves to blame.

Was it really right & proper for Fauci to sit on his hands and stay silent, regarding Bactrim while thousands died during the darkest days of AIDS?

I don't know the details of this story, so cannot comment; but if your immune system is getting weaker and weaker due to progressing AIDS, I am not sure that prophylactic antibiotics are going to do much for you, as eventually you are going to succumb to an infection or cancer. They would of course lead to increased antibiotic resistance, so the policy would have detrimental effects.

Maybe antibiotics might extend life by some months or years; though that's not necessarily the most humane approach, since people with full-blown AIDS remain horribly and critically ill, and live in total misery. Just look at Freddie Mercury's last few years. He spend his last years in isolation because he was so ill.

Those pharmaceutical industry haters on this forum have to realise that pharma saved the day during the AIDS pandemic, and Fauci was right to back the pharma research into HIV antivirals. AZT was the very first HIV antiviral, but soon many more arrived, and thanks to the incredible work by pharmaceutical company scientists, having HIV infection soon became just a minor inconvenience rather than a death sentence.

With such a spectacular success as that, why bring up issues like prophylactic antibiotics, which were not a real solution, when Fauci backed the right horse?

Sounds like Robert F Kennedy Jr is just up to his usual unscrupulous tricks of making people angry for no good reason, just in order to sell books and promote his business interests.

Edited by Hip, 11 December 2022 - 11:37 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#8 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:43 AM

Fair enough mate...  I just wonder sometimes if the therapeutic try something (anything) vs nihilism that occurred was all politics.  Thanks for the replies.  

#9 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 01:00 AM

Fair enough mate...  I just wonder sometimes if the therapeutic try something (anything) vs nihilism that occurred was all politics.  Thanks for the replies.  

I think there is a difference between what individuals do out of the own steam, in terms of health experiments, and what the government advises. 

I shortlisted a number of supplements and drugs that I would consider taking if I was hit with severe COVID. I did not have much evidence for efficacy, especially at the beginning of the pandemic when it was anyone's guess what might be helpful; but I thought my list at least would not do any harm.

My COVID treatment list involved:

N-acetyl glucosamine

Vitamin D3

Melatonin

Q10

Nasal saline spray

Fluvoxamine

Ivermectin

However, it's one thing for me personally to speculate that these items might possibly help, and it is another for a government to officially recommend them as standard COVID treatment, when there is very little evidence that they actually work. 

In fact, it not always appreciated that by law, public bodies and organisations are obliged to make decisions on a rationale basis. So these organisations cannot make decisions based on thin air. They have to make decisions based on evidence and rationality. 

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#10 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 01:15 AM

As for Elon Musk's tweet saying "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci", Musk seems to have little knowledge of biology and medicine, so his views on the pandemic are of no importance.

Great engineer, and philanthropically-minded too, which I appreciate; but being good at engineering does not automatically guarantee you will understand biology and medicine, or indeed social media (as the chaos at Twitter demonstrates).

I certainly would not work in any of Musk's companies. Musk puts in 120 hour weeks sometimes. That's his choice, to be a workaholic rather than enjoying a broader range of life activities. However, Musk expects all his staff to put in similar amounts of time. Musk is a cyborg, but normal humans need a more balanced life.

Edited by Hip, 12 December 2022 - 01:27 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#11 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 02:10 AM

I think the political doctors (and those who support them) who never see actual patients tend to get a bit binary in their thinking.  Everything black & white & never have to look into a patient's terrified eyes and say "sorry dude, but we're not ready to even try anything at this point".  

Front line doctors like Zelenko don't have the option of simply locking the doors and telling patients they may have known for years to go away, so they have to try a few things.  They may not work, but at least your patients don't die feeling totally abandoned.  

As with Bactrim, & the AIDS epidemic, sometimes these front line docs actually discover beneficial therapies, pharmaceutical companies & political doctors might never even consider.  We shut these types of practice down at our peril.  If we could delete all of the sum-total of all medical knowledge acquired throughout the centuries, that was not directly related to world class randomized controlled trials, we wouldn't be left with much.  Almost everything we know in medicine has been discovered simply through doctors doin' doctorin'.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 12 December 2022 - 02:44 AM.

• Agree x 1

#12 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:55 PM

https://twitter.com/...113254360162304

“I strongly disagree. Forcing your pronouns upon others when they didn’t ask, and implicitly ostracizing those who don’t, is neither good nor kind to anyone.  As for Fauci, he lied to Congress and funded gain-of-function research that killed millions of people. Not awesome imo.”

Another Elon tweet.

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 12 December 2022 - 12:57 PM.

• Agree x 1

#13 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2022 - 01:08 PM

https://twitter.com/...263113515954177

“Truth resonates …”

Elon replies to his original prosecute Fauci tweet as it stands at 99.6k comments, 196.4k retweets, and 1 million likes, after one day of posting.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#14 joesixpack

• 467 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:59 PM

For those who have not read this, but would like a small sample of his wickedness, I recommend a 3 minute read of: Whitewashing AIDS History

https://www.huffpost...story_b_4762295

From the Huffington Post no less!  

Frontline doctors treating AIDS patients in the field, discovered a cheap generic was saving a lot of lives, but Fauci was only interested in promoting his new and very expensive AZT.  

An estimated 17K died unnecessarily while Fauci sat on his hands, saying "no proof", "more studies needed" & "my new drug is better".  Sound familiar?  By the time COVID arrived, Fauci had perfected his sabotage of science, and this time, the cheap generics didn't stand a chance.  The war was over before it had even begun, & Fauci the pharma shill won!  

I remember that, and that Fauci insisted on wasted research on a vaccine for years, while people died. He is not popular with the gay community.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#15 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2022 - 07:37 PM

Elon Musk alludes to censorship requests to twitter by the govt (Fauci & team) to control Covid narrative. Implications for 1st Amendment violations.

https://twitter.com/...982717255483394

Attached Files

• Informative x 2

#16 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 08:41 PM

My pronouns are not He/Him/His, but Incarcerate / Kennedy / Mercola.

Robert F Kennedy Jr and Joseph Mercola are the top of the Disinformation Dozen list of reprehensible people pushing out vaccine pseudoscience and misinformation.

73% of antivax posts on Facebook come from the Disinformation Dozen.

Clearly Kennedy, Mercola and Co find Facebook a great way to stalk down gullible people to murder. 

The Disinformation Dozen  

1 Joseph Mercola
2 Robert F Kennedy Jr
3 Ty & Charlene Bollinger
4 Sherri Tenpenny
5 Rizza Islam
6 Rashid Buttar
7 Erin Elizabeth
8 Sayer Ji
9 Kelly Brogan
10 Christiane Northrup
11 Ben Tapper
12 Kevin Jenkins

Edited by Hip, 14 December 2022 - 08:42 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#17 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:04 PM

I don't think you understand what the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution is.

While the people you listed spread misinformation in your opinion, that is still their right under the 1st Amendment to do so.

The government censoring people or suggesting twitter do it, is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment rights of the people it affected.

You should realize the government doesn't take an oath to defend their country, or their countrymen, or against disinformation, but an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

So it's much bigger than misinformation.

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 14 December 2022 - 09:18 PM.

• Agree x 1

#18 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:10 PM

You are the only spreading misinformations. https://nypost.com/2...ormation-dozen/

“In recent months, there has been a debate about whether the global problem of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation can be solved simply by removing 12 people from social media platforms,” Facebook Vice President of Content Policy Monika Bickert said in a statement.

“People who have advanced this narrative contend that these 12 people are responsible for 73 [percent] of online vaccine misinformation on Facebook,” Bickert added. “There isn’t any evidence to support this claim. Moreover, focusing on such a small group of people distracts from the complex challenges we all face in addressing misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines.”

On Wednesday, Bickert said Facebook had “removed over three dozen Pages, groups and Facebook or Instagram accounts linked to these 12 people,” and had restricted the reach of nearly two dozen additional pages, groups, and accounts — typically by moving them down in news feeds or not recommending them to other users.

However, Bickert added, “these 12 people are responsible for about just 0.05 [percent] of all views of vaccine-related content on Facebook. This includes all vaccine-related posts they’ve shared, whether true or false, as well as URLs associated with these people.”

The Facebook exec then slammed the CCDH report, saying it “analyzed only a narrow set of 483 pieces of content over six weeks from only 30 groups, some of which are as small as 2,500 users. They are in no way representative of the hundreds of millions of posts that people have shared about COVID-19 vaccines in the past months on Facebook.”
Bickert claimed that the "disinformation dozen" report is inaccurate.

#19 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:36 PM

My pronouns are not He/Him/His, but Incarcerate / Kennedy / Mercola.

Robert F Kennedy Jr and Joseph Mercola are the top of the Disinformation Dozen list of reprehensible people pushing out vaccine pseudoscience and misinformation.

Clearly Kennedy, Mercola and Co find Facebook a great way to stalk down gullible people to murder. 

The Disinformation Dozen  

1 Joseph Mercola
2 Robert F Kennedy Jr
3 Ty & Charlene Bollinger
4 Sherri Tenpenny
5 Rizza Islam
6 Rashid Buttar
7 Erin Elizabeth
8 Sayer Ji
9 Kelly Brogan
10 Christiane Northrup
11 Ben Tapper
12 Kevin Jenkins

Incarcerating those who's public opinions diverge from mainstream orthodoxy .... isn't that what got Galileo?

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 14 December 2022 - 11:51 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#20 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 12:53 AM

You are the only spreading misinformations. https://nypost.com/2...ormation-dozen/

Your article looks dubious: in it, Facebook Vice President of Content Policy, Monika Bickert, says there is no evidence to support the claim by Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) that 73% of antivax posts on Facebook come from the Disinformation Dozen.

However, it appears that Monika Bickert has not performed any analysis of Facebook posts herself. So how can she deny the statement from the CCDH without having her own data?

Center for Countering Digital Hate performed an analysis of Facebook posts, and determined 73% of antivax posts come from the Disinformation Dozen. If Monika Bickert is refuting that claim, she needs to perform an analysis of her own, and provide her own results. 

Seem like Monika Bickert is just defending Facebook (well she would, wouldn't she). With all the things that Facebook does wrong in society, she has probably got a busy job doing denials and Facebook PR.

• Ill informed x 1

#21 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 12:59 AM

I don't think you understand what the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution is.

While the people you listed spread misinformation in your opinion, that is still their right under the 1st Amendment to do so.

The government censoring people or suggesting twitter do it, is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment rights of the people it affected.

You should realize the government doesn't take an oath to defend their country, or their countrymen, or against disinformation, but an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

So it's much bigger than misinformation.

Having just looked up the precise wording of the 1st Amendment, which states that "congress shall make no law...abridging freedom of speech", it's clear that the government are not in breech of the 1st Amendment in asking Twitter to suppress antivax messages. 

The 1st Amendment says the government is not allowed to pass laws limiting freedom of speech. But that does not mean governments cannot ask media outlets to do certain favours. 

Edited by Hip, 15 December 2022 - 12:59 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#22 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 01:04 AM

Incarcerating those who's public opinions diverge from mainstream orthodoxy .... isn't that what got Galileo?

You will find that people with mental health issues who are a harm to themselves or others can be legally sectioned with or without their consent.

Kennedy and Mercola are clearly insane, and their craziness is harming the public; it's resulted in the death of countless Americans. Kennedy has stated 5G is causing the pandemic. So clearly he's got a few screws loose. Therefore there is a good argument that they might be legally incarcerated in a mental health facility. 

Edited by Hip, 15 December 2022 - 01:23 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#23 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 04:49 AM

You will find that people with mental health issues who are a harm to themselves or others can be legally sectioned with or without their consent.

Kennedy and Mercola are clearly insane, and their craziness is harming the public; it's resulted in the death of countless Americans. Kennedy has stated 5G is causing the pandemic. So clearly he's got a few screws loose. Therefore there is a good argument that they might be legally incarcerated in a mental health facility. 

Ah, so now we diagnose those who disagree with you as having a mental disorder?

How Soviet of you.

• Agree x 1

#24 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 04:57 AM

Having just looked up the precise wording of the 1st Amendment, which states that "congress shall make no law...abridging freedom of speech", it's clear that the government are not in breech of the 1st Amendment in asking Twitter to suppress antivax messages. 

The 1st Amendment says the government is not allowed to pass laws limiting freedom of speech. But that does not mean governments cannot ask media outlets to do certain favours. 

Sort of like when the mob asks a favor I suppose.

"I've got an offer you can't refuse ....."

Not that these social media companies weren't on board with these things due to their political allegiances, but when a government holding vast powers over a business "asks for a favor", seems like the potential for coercion is certainly there. The fact that every favor that is asked is potentially wrapped in a threat should give freedom loving people pause.

I know you're in the UK so the US Constitution probably doesn't mean a lot to you personally, but to some of us using winks and nods to subvert it's clear protections aren't something we look kindly on.

• Well Written x 1

#25 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 05:59 AM

Ah, so now we diagnose those who disagree with you as having a mental disorder?

The diagnostic criteria found in the DSM are the official means of determining whether someone has a mental health disorder.

If someone believes the COVID pandemic was caused by 5G, that comes across as insane. In the UK we even had some crazies burn down 5G transmitter base stations due to their belief that 5G was the cause of COVID.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#26 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 06:26 AM

The diagnostic criteria found in the DSM are the official means of determining whether someone has a mental health disorder.

If someone believes the COVID pandemic was caused by 5G, that comes across as insane. In the UK we even had some crazies burn down 5G transmitter base stations due to their belief that 5G was the cause of COVID.

If someone believes that covid was caused by 5G, that makes them almost certainly wrong.

But people can be wrong without being insane or evil. I know that seems like a foreign concept in these hyper polarized times we live in, but it used to be a generally accepted idea.

• Good Point x 3

#27 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:21 AM

As you’ve demonstrated, you clearly have no idea how the US government is suppose to work, or how any democratic government is suppose to work.

If the 1st Amendment (a constitutional law) prevents new laws restricting freedom of speech from being passed, but the government still restricts freedom of speech, then the government is acting outside of the law.

It’s as simple as that.

If the government continues to act outside of the law, then eventually it’ll become a total dictatorship. They won’t need a warrant to search your home, you won’t have a a right to a trial when being accused of a crime (you’ll just be thrown in prison or executed) etc…

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 15 December 2022 - 11:42 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#28 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 05:23 PM

If the government continues to act outside of the law, then eventually it’ll become a total dictatorship. They won’t need a warrant to search your home, you won’t have a a right to a trial when being accused of a crime (you’ll just be thrown in prison or executed) etc…

If I understand Hip's position, I don't think he has a problem with a dictatorship per se - so long as it's a dictatorship run by "the Intellectuals".  So the upper class intellectual elites run everything, and the proles, the hoi polloi, the great unwashed masses know their place. They go to work, they sit there, shut up, and do what their betters tell them to do.

Am I off base here Hip?

• Agree x 2

#29 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 08:57 PM

If someone believes that covid was caused by 5G, that makes them almost certainly wrong.

But people can be wrong without being insane or evil. I know that seems like a foreign concept in these hyper polarized times we live in, but it used to be a generally accepted idea.

It's not just being wrong, it's what you are wrong about.

If you believe the conspiracy theories that the Moon landings were faked in a Hollywood studio, or that the Earth is flat, or that the government is secretly spraying mind-controlling chemicals over the populace out of aeroplanes (chemtrails conspiracy theory), it either means you have a fairly low IQ, or that you are not quite sane. 

The idea that 5G caused the pandemic is a popular conspiracy theory similar to these. Those with limited intelligence and education might believe the 5G theory not out of insanity, but just because they aren't really very smart. So you do not have to have mental health issues to believe conspiracy theories; the not-so-bright and uneducated are also susceptible to conspiracy theories.

Robert F Kennedy Jr however is an intelligent, educated person. So his belief in the 5G conspiracy theory is not due to having a low IQ. Thus it must be due to less than perfect mental health. We know that schizotypy can make people believe in conspiracy theories, for example, and an incredible 4% of the population have schizotypy.

Now nothing wrong with having less than perfect mental health; this is very common in the general population. But you should not be heading up a major health organisation as Robert F Kennedy Jr does if you have a few screws loose, because this can lead to fatal outcomes, due to giving people bad medical advice.

Edited by Hip, 15 December 2022 - 09:02 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#30 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:20 PM

As you’ve demonstrated, you clearly have no idea how the US government is suppose to work, or how any democratic government is suppose to work.

If the 1st Amendment (a constitutional law) prevents new laws restricting freedom of speech from being passed, but the government still restricts freedom of speech, then the government is acting outside of the law.

It’s as simple as that.

You brought up the 1st Amendment when you said: "The government censoring people or suggesting twitter do it, is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment rights of the people it affected".

But from what I can work out, your statement is wrong. The government asking Twitter to censor certain things does not violate the 1st Amendment. Only the government passing a new law forcing censorship would be a violation of the 1st.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users