• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone smarter than me explain this article about "Collagen 1" and tumor growth? Should we quit usage?

mixture

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:49 PM

Hey, these are my questions:

- since this article refers to Collagen 1, is this the same as Collagen Type 1 which is in mostly every collagen supplement?

- since stopping the formation of Collagen 1 produces longer life (they don't die as fast), does this mean that limiting Collagen Type 1 supplementation is useful?

- does using Collagen Type 1 result in additional production of Collagen Type 1 in the body which would cause you to die faster from tumors?

Article:

#2 ChooseAName

• 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 05:43 PM

Based on this article, you should definitely stop collagen supplementation if you have brain cancer, but there is nothing in the article to suggest that it causes brain cancer in the first place, and it's an essential part of our normal physiology.  Bottom line, you'll have to look beyond this article to decide if collagen is worth any potential risks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2023 - 01:45 AM

Doubtful that ingested collagen will cross the blood brain barrier and they're talking about brain cancer from my quick read.

Anything that heals or aids growth during healing can potentially exacerbate cancer but you don't stop living and taking care of yourself

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mixture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users