• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Study of Human Brain Yields Intelligent Robots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:16 AM

Here is the link to the article describing some of the products and applications that are coming/have come from studying the human brain.

I thought it was interesting, if kind of vague and overview-ish.

#2 dhiraj_choudhar

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

dhiraj choudhary
bus stand mathia road chandil
state- jharkhand
country - india
pin code-832401

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

Though most of the truly futuristic projects are probably years from the commercial market, scientists say that, after a lull, artificial intelligence has rapidly grown far more sophisticated.

"There's definitely been a palpable upswing in methods, competence and boldness," said Eric Horvitz, a Microsoft researcher who is president- elect of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence. "At conferences you are hearing the phrase 'human- level AI,' and people are saying that without blushing."

"There is a new synthesis of four fields, including mathematics, neuroscience, computer science and psychology," said Dharmendra Modha, a computer scientist at International Business Machines. "The implication of this is amazing. What you are seeing is that cognitive computing is at a cusp where it's knocking on the door of potentially mainstream applications."

"It's time to build an AI robot," said Andrew Ng, a Stanford computer scientist and a leader of the project called the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Robot, or Stair. "The dream is to put a robot in every home."

#4 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

I predict we are going to see some insane AI technologies out within the next few years. If I'm wrong, you have the right to kick me in the nuts.

#5 MichaelAnissimov

• 905 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

Study of human brain yields intelligent robots? You mean that robotics is inspired by cognitive science? Gee wilickers, I never thought of it that way.

dhiraj choudhary
state- jharkhand
country - india
pin code-832401

You live in a bus stand?

Edited by MichaelAnissimov, 17 November 2006 - 02:05 PM.

#6 kgmax

• 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Is'nt Gee wilickers one word?
Like jeewillikers ?
;)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#7 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:13 AM

dhiraj choudhary
state- jharkhand
country - india
pin code-832401

Maybe it's terrorists using our board as a place to put googleable codephrases in place. Maybe if we google "dhiraj choudhary" or "bus stand mathia road chandil", it'll point right to this thread, allowing a terrorist to get the pin code he needs for some terrorist plot he's working on.

[hmm]

Nah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users