Photo
- - - - -

Chlorophyllin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned (a lot) in this forum, of which I've come to
conclusion since about 2 years that it should be a basic one for really everone, unless
maybe on a raw foods diet and living far from any city / toxin source or such...

Chlorophyllin is a modified form of chlorophyll that may enter even the mitochondria and
has free-radical protection effects especially for DNA. Here's some LEF hype about it ;)

http://www.lef.org/m...prevent_01.html

It's the "don't-BBQ-without-it-supplement", as it especially protects from carcinogens toxins that
are usual in unhealthy and well-cooked/grilled/fried etc. food, even to some extend in most food.

If you don't see the evidence as solid enough (and even if you do), probably makes
sense to take both indole-3-carbinol and chlorophyllin.

...Oh, maybe less relevant, but it also happens to be the only proven supplement that can help you urinate in green [tung]

#2 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

Way to go Orthocore!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

I've been taking liquid chlorophyll for a number of years as a general tonic of sorts, and just got tuned into chlorophyllin in the past year or so. I still take chlorophyll on it's own, and I've actually begun to deal with it's earthy, dank, taste. Again, big ups to the othrocore.

Good find fo' shure, mixter.

#4 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:33 AM

Hmmm, 2-4mg per kilo gram. Ortho-core has 300mg... sweet ;)

#5 pSimonKey

• 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

So wheat grass juice and spirulina etc come up good again!?

#6 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

http://lpi.oregonsta...s/chlorophylls/
This is a great link from the Linus Pauling Institute on chlorophyll and chlorophyllin. Its interesting, but this doesn't really sell it in a way that sounds as conclusive as this thread makes it seem. This link raised many questions about bioavailability and even safety...nothing dramatic negatively, but not exactly saying race out and buy it either.

#7 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

I've been taking it off and on for a few years. NOW makes a relatively inexpensive tablet version.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

I take it via LEF's DNA Protection Formula. The other reason I take that particular formulation is because it has curcumin without bioperine (piperine). The recent negative talk about bioperine in a previous thread of mine scared me off a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users