Root canal treatment- Other options?

root canal treatment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Spock

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2023 - 03:10 PM

Been told by dentist that I need a root canal treatment on a molar,showed me infection on xray.

Have heard a lot of bad things about this procedure,and want to avoid it if at all posible.

Is there any other way of treating the infection ? 

I would rather have it extracted if no other options.

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:31 AM

I would get it extracted.

#3 Mr Spock

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:02 PM

Thanks pamoja,

I've been using vit C at regular intervals,oregano oil, topical hydrogen peroxide on the affected tooth and the pain is gone down. 

I'm wondering if a course of antibiotics would be a good idea. 

An aquaintance who's a studying dentistry said if the pain goes away on its own then whats happening is the pulp inside is dying and you will have a dead tooth essentially,and the infection would spread.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mr Spock

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:04 PM

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/29145971/

I wonder if this would help.

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:31 PM

In my own case instructed the dentist to extract the tooth, if not repairable. In any case not use root-canal treatment. He did it anyway told afterwards. Short after my health-odysee with PAD and walkingdisabilty started. Secondary symptoms was postexertional malaise, and which ceased only when I found a dentist extracting the root-canal treated tooth again 10 years later.

For extraction I was prescribed precautionary antibiotic, I used DSMO solution instead, and already the next day any pain was gone. Had to search the gap with my thoungh.

I've been using vit C at regular intervals,oregano oil, topical hydrogen peroxide on the affected tooth and the pain is gone down. 

I'm wondering if a course of antibiotics would be a good idea. 

An aquaintance who's a studying dentistry said if the pain goes away on its own then whats happening is the pulp inside is dying and you will have a dead tooth essentially,and the infection would spread.

Think the problem with a death tooth, be it as root canal or naturally, is that bacteria is still thriving inside. Nothing against bacteria per se, but in this case it could mean if the wrong type, continous infection of bacterial toxins in the blood steam, which is not good.

Vitamin C is antidote to a certain extent against all toxins, so very wise to use even up to bowel-tolerance, if feasible. Dr. Levy, dispide taking all kind of vitamin C including liposomal at high doses for many years, found nebulized hydrogen-peroxide only during corona, finally did get rid of deeper bone infection in his mouth.

I got chalk teeth because of tetracycline treatment as a new born. As young adult all but twelve teeth were craters. The problem for me only startet with the even unwantet root-canal treated tooth twenty years later.

• Informative x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users