breakfast

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

breakfast is awesome... what are your staples?

high energy days(waiting tables and such):
1/4 cup oatmeal, dry
1 cup blueberries
1 TBSP hempseed oil
1 scoop whey
1 tsp fennel 1 tsp corriender 1/2 tsp ginger

cook the oats, mix everything else in.

normal days(office, etc)

1 cup blueberries
1 TBSP hempseed oil
1 scoop whey
1 tsp fennel 1 tsp corriender 1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup water

blended into a shake

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

I prepare this before I go to sleep so it's easy to chew in the morning ;)

150 gr wholegrain cereals with dried fruits
1 tablespoon of honey
500ml skim milk
50 gr frozen blueberries
30gr cocoa powder

I've been eating this for the past 5 years (except for blueberries which are recent addition)

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

Do you guys have any trouble getting blueberries at certain times of the year?

Edit: I now see that da_sense said frozen blueberries, which (I assume) can be gotten year round.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

Fresh bluberries are available only around august september here, but frozen ones are available all year round at stores.

#5 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

yea, i buy frozen wild organic blueberries at wholefoods... they are like 2.50$ per 2 cups or so.

#6 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:39 AM

I eat toast with a sugarless black and blueberry spread and oats using the same spread as a sweetener.

It's part of the exotic range on this page here:

http://www.goldencir...roducts/jam.cfm

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

I usually eat a big plate of mixed veggies for breakfast. I just heap them on the plate and put them in the microwave.

#8 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

This thread is making me hungry

#9 Matt

• 2,865 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

Breakfast -

50g Quaker Rolled Oats
14-20g Almonds
6gWalnuts
70-100g Banana
100g Blueberries,
25g Whey Protein powder
50-100g Strawberries
10g 85% Dark chocolate (melts ontop of the porridge, soooo nice!)
4g Essential mix ontop

;)

#10 Matt

• 2,865 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:33 PM

da_sense:

I heard milk eliminates the benificial effects of cocoa antioxidants because milk proteins bind to the antioxidants.

#11 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:36 PM

I alternate between oatbran, organic millet rice flakes and organic swiss muesli, occasionally I have organic porridge too. I always have those with organic, unsweetened soya milk.

#12 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

da_sense:

I heard milk eliminates the benificial effects of cocoa antioxidants because milk proteins bind to the antioxidants.

I heard something similar but can't have everything perfect ;)

#13 nihilist

• 113 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

7-9 eggs whites typically.

#14 mind_offset

• 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

Something worths to give a try for the next order: Hi-Lignan Flax Seed Protein. [thumb]
Got the 16 oz. bottle delivered 2 days ago and since top my porridge a spoon on.

Posted Image

It definitively helps to keep hunger at bay for several hours and avoid me to open the fridge during the afternoon.
The taste isn't strong at all, slightly nutty.

Nutri-Flax® is a high-quality fiber supplement containing both soluble and insoluble fiber, and yielding an extraordinary 39mg of lignans per level tablespoon. It is a certified-organic, finely ground, low-fat flax seed fiber, processed and packaged without the damaging effects of light and oxygen.

Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG) (C32H46O16) is an anti-oxidant phytochemical present in flax, sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds. It is a precursor of mammal lignans and a phytoestrogen.

Animal studies have shown SDG can prevent the development of atherosclerosis and diabetes and has beneficial modifying effect on blood and cholesterol levels.

Lignan

Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside

The Product

#15 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

Mine this morning:

1 cup Stonyfield Farms yogurt
Just Blueberries
Just Cherries
Quite a bit of raw cocoa & nibs
Ground Flaxseed
Hemp protein
Egg protein
Inulin
FOS
Creatine

#16 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

I now eat a whole red capsicum on waking usually followed by almonds and a can of chilli tuna. Then the toast and blue/black berry spread if I'm still hungry.

Problem with the oats is it generates to much washing up and if the phone rings during prep or eating then it gets ruined.

#17 jmmathieu

• 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

A bowl of cereal or a pop-tart, lol.

#18 stormheller

• 100 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

Some breakfast foods I enjoy:
Lightly curried omelette with mixed vegetables, topped with a variety of sprouts
Mixed grain or mung dal congee
Grits
Whole grain sachima
Wholemeal buttermilk biscuits
Rosemary foccacia breakfast sandwich
Flax muffin
Fruit salad
Cinnamon goji bread
Greek yogurt with nuts and fresh berries

#19 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

I use this as a base:
1/3 to 1/2 cup oats
1 egg whipped into it (maybe two if it's a long day ahead)
(put the oats and whipped egg into bowl, pour boiled water over it from my denki poto which partially cooks the eggs. Then it's only 35 seconds in the microwave.

Then it's an addition of 1 of these:
a) 1 mashed banana with ~20g raw cocoa
b) Furikake

Considering trying frozen blueberries as I don't feel I've gained much from taking two capsules/day of the Life Extension blueberry extract for 6 months.

I have a really excellent recipe for what I call "BlueStrawberry Oatmuffins". These things are so moist even at week's end being in the refrigerator. Don't see why extra eggs, raw cocoa, matcha or whatnot could be added to the recipe. What's easier than pickin' up a big honkin' muffin in the mornin' with everything in it that you could possibly need? If any one person shows interest I'll post it.

Every other day when I'm feeling well, I take a "flat" palm-sized pinch of Laver (here also: "organic, unwashed" ) in an 8oz glass of lukewarm water which I let steep for about 5 minutes and then drink the liquid portion. If time permits I put the rehydrated seaweed mass into the oatmeal concoction. If I don't have time for that or I feel it's time to alternate I take one cap each of H.E.A.T. and Amp.... along with a number of other things. But these are the breakfast essentials.

Sprouts and veggies...mmm. Time to add those to the list. I could just eat a bowl piled high with sprouts by itself.

#20 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

Please post muffin recipe from two years ago!

I use this as a base:
1/3 to 1/2 cup oats
1 egg whipped into it (maybe two if it's a long day ahead)
(put the oats and whipped egg into bowl, pour boiled water over it from my denki poto which partially cooks the eggs. Then it's only 35 seconds in the microwave.

Then it's an addition of 1 of these:
a) 1 mashed banana with ~20g raw cocoa
b) Furikake

Considering trying frozen blueberries as I don't feel I've gained much from taking two capsules/day of the Life Extension blueberry extract for 6 months.

I have a really excellent recipe for what I call "BlueStrawberry Oatmuffins". These things are so moist even at week's end being in the refrigerator. Don't see why extra eggs, raw cocoa, matcha or whatnot could be added to the recipe. What's easier than pickin' up a big honkin' muffin in the mornin' with everything in it that you could possibly need? If any one person shows interest I'll post it.

Every other day when I'm feeling well, I take a "flat" palm-sized pinch of Laver (here also: "organic, unwashed" ) in an 8oz glass of lukewarm water which I let steep for about 5 minutes and then drink the liquid portion. If time permits I put the rehydrated seaweed mass into the oatmeal concoction. If I don't have time for that or I feel it's time to alternate I take one cap each of H.E.A.T. and Amp.... along with a number of other things. But these are the breakfast essentials.

Sprouts and veggies...mmm. Time to add those to the list. I could just eat a bowl piled high with sprouts by itself.

#21 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

best is

3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup chopped dates
1.5 cup skimmed milk
1 tbs canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon

and a big mug of assam tea

#22 nushu

• 247 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:58 AM

2 tbls freshly ground organic golden flax seed
1 tsp organic cinnamon
1 tsp organic cocoa
scoop whey protein, unflavored
organic yogurt
3 raw eggs, free range
stevia
unsweetened black tea

#23 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:46 AM

i find it kind of funny that most members here eat rolled oats with whey and blueberries for breakfast.

#24 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

I still live at home with my parents, and they won't buy any kind of food I want, so this is the best I can do at the moment.

My typical breakfast (I eat this every day):

30 g whole-grain cereals
1 cup soy milk
3 slices of whole-grain, protein-rich bread, with 25 g mackerel fillet on one of them, and then I make a sandwich out of the other two and put about 1/2 cup of mixed lettuce and 2 slices (20 g) of low-fat (5%) Swiss cheese in between them (a decent protein source - it has 31 g protein per 100 g cheese).
I also take a multivitamin, 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and 500 mg of fish oil.

All in all, this contains:
488.8 kcal
31.3 g protein
66.4 g carbs
- 22.6 g fiber
- 12.3 g sugar

11.8 g fat
- 2.4 g saturated
- 2.2 g monounsaturated
- 1.8 g polyunsaturated

When I move (in August) I plan on increasing my protein intake, and decreasing my carb intake. Maybe I could add some whey protein powder into that soy milk?

#25 dehbleh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

* 200 grams or so of ultra-refined white sugar
after 5 minutes this is followed by
* 25 units of IV Insulin

Have not been sick once this past week. I'm thrilled, this breakfast stack is really paying off!

#26 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

my recent breakfast has been:

3/4 cup crisped brown rice cereal
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbsp drinking chocolate powder
1 scoop chocolate egg protein + 12oz water (premixed & poured into cereal instead of milk)

this is so good, i find myself waking up excited to eat breakfast :)

Edited by ajnast4r, 27 June 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#27 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:00 AM

My breakfast:

Raw oatmeal mix (With seeds, very few dried sultanas and some nuts. Poured into a bowl)
Walnuts (I take a handful of fresh ones and crush them buy hand into the bowl)
Blueberries (About 100 grams. I put them in a cup and defrost them in the microwave before they go in
Cocoa nibs (about half a cup).
A banana (sliced and put into bowl)
Some whey protein (~20 grams of protein)

I mix all of this in a bowl and pour some low-fat milk on top. I love milk whatever the costs/benefits to my health it makes me *feel* nice so I guess that's something in itself.

A cup of pomegranate juice mixed with 2ml polypodium leucotomos extract (active ingredient in Heliocare).

A cup of green tea.

It's a pretty big breakfast. I like to take my time in the morning though. So I go to bed earlier and wake up at an appropriate time so I can do just that.

#28 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

I don't have time for breakfast, so the only thing I really do is, drink some Ma Huang tea (Ephedra) and take some almonds and apricots with me to-go.

#29 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

I don't have time for breakfast, so the only thing I really do is, drink some Ma Huang tea (Ephedra) and take some almonds and apricots with me to-go.

i really do not buy that excuse at all... i throw together and eat my breakfast in the time it takes tea water to boil. you could also pre-prep something the night before and scarf it first thing...

#30 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

i really do not buy that excuse at all... i throw together and eat my breakfast in the time it takes tea water to boil. you could also pre-prep something the night before and scarf it first thing...

I've been considering that, preparing some salads or something the day before and have them in the fridge buut, won't that make them less nutritious to eat the next day?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users