• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 12:18 PM

Supplements / nootropics I currently take:

Stinging nettle root extract 600mg
Ashwagandha extract 600mg
Tribulus terrestris extract 500mg (95% saponins)

Reishi dual-extract one teaspoon

Magnesium 450mg

Zinc 30mg

Vitamin B6 10mg
Boron 5mg
Bioperine 5mg

Vitamin D3 100mcg
Vitamin K2 50mcg

Preworkout supplement as needed

Nicotine gum 2-4 mg as needed

L-theanine before bed

Been on this stack for a week now and it's working pretty well for managing anxiety and increasing drive and energy.

Feel free to comment if there's something you would add or remove, or otherwise have something to share. I don't have a big budget for supplements right now so I try to stick to things that work consistently for me. But I'm open to new ideas.

#2 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 01:27 PM

By the way, I prefer this subforum for stack discussion instead of the separate stacks section. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, it's just easier to share things on a forum. But if this subforum will be closed then I guess I'll just have to get used to the stacks section.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 14 June 2023 - 07:32 AM

Over the past 10+ years I've tried a lot of things. Racetams, Noopept, IDRA-21, Sunifiram, choline sources, Vinpocetine, Huperzine A, Phenibut, Tianeptine, certain stimulants, bunch of psych meds etc. Yet I find myself returning to natural nootropics as my main brain aids. Not saying that everything natural is completely safe or that man-made chemicals are a failure, they certainly have their uses. But there is a trend that especially long-term, it seems nature offers us the most safe substances to promote brain health.

I am curious of synthetic adaptogens, I made a thread about them few years ago. I think it's a category that is a step in right direction - something that works both in short term and long term, and best of all can leave the user in a better state than where they started.

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2023 - 07:47 PM

anything besides the essential supplement nutrients are unnecessary, even ''natural'' supplements all have some downstream negative effects eventually.

with essential supplements which i deem nutrients are the ones that can be called natural your body is used to them and has a limiting rate effect if you consume too much of a vitamin preventing it from causing as much negative effects as it otherwise would. other things that are not essential but your body produces them from essential can also be used like certain antioxidants.

i would take non essential supplements occasionally like shilajit. especially on days were you feel down, worked hard or had something that could be considered unhealthy like a certain food or even coffee in order to counteract the negative effects.

Edited by kurdishfella, 14 June 2023 - 08:40 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 07:31 AM

anything besides the essential supplement nutrients are unnecessary, even ''natural'' supplements all have some downstream negative effects eventually.

with essential supplements which i deem nutrients are the ones that can be called natural your body is used to them and has a limiting rate effect if you consume too much of a vitamin preventing it from causing as much negative effects as it otherwise would. other things that are not essential but your body produces them from essential can also be used like certain antioxidants.

i would take non essential supplements occasionally like shilajit. especially on days were you feel down, worked hard or had something that could be considered unhealthy like a certain food or even coffee in order to counteract the negative effects.

Hmm I appreciate the stance but disagree herbs causing downstream negative effects. They have been used for centuries in TCM and Ayurdeva, and recently also scientifically studied. Sure we can't know exactly what the effects are but "generally recognized as safe" is enough for me to keep taking them. Chronic stress/anxiety etc. will probably have more negative effects on the body than a few anxiolytic herbs.

Shilajit is indeed interesting herb, I have taken it in the past. Might be something I want to give a new try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users