- - - - -

massive, long-lasting brainfog after last Fisetin dose

clearing out the debris

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:21 PM

I did Fisetin once for 2 or 3 days in December.

Then I waited until March or something to do it again.

The second time I took I think 400mg and 500mg on day 1 and day 2: 900mg total over two days.

I developed brainfog that lasted for weeks.

I used a smaller than the recommended dose because 1) I am 42 2) I am quite slim and I read somewhere that people with less fat might not need as much, or any, Fisetin.  So I tried a lower dose.  Anyway, it took me weeks before I could think clearly again.

It was Novusetin.

I'm wondering if maybe I should not use it anymore, or maybe just take 100mg once a month or something.  Or never.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 05:54 PM

The theory behind taking senolytics, is that if there was a therapeutic that reliably and provably got rid of problematic senescent cells, then you would only have to take the dosage once every couple years.

The problem is that we don't yet know how effective most senolytics are.

That being said, the plant-based senolytics (like Fisetin) seem relatively safe. I recently took Fisetin for 4 days. I was planning 5 days, but I felt some negative effects so I stopped at 4. I took Life Extension's Bio-Fisetin. 8 mg per capsule. They claim up to 8 times the bioavailability, so it could be like taking up to 200 mg. I took 2 caps per day for the first 3 days, then 3 caps on the 4th day.

I said I experienced "negative effects" but it was minor. I felt a little "down". I was basically fine, but just a little less energy and a little bit of feeling "down", like a little sad. In other Fisetin reports here at LongeCity, other people have reported similar things.

Edited by Mind, 27 June 2023 - 04:05 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 07:21 AM

I take rapamycin (5mg or 6mg) every 9 days and herbal senolytics two days before the rapamycin dose every other cycle usually.

The senolytics I take are:

- 2g fisetin (around 25mg/Kg body weight)

- 2.5g quercetin

- 1.5g grape seed extract

- 1.5g ginger root extract

I drink a lot of water that day.

So far the only side effects I've noticed are a bit of tiredness that dissipates the next day.

Are you certain that the brain fog you experienced was due to the fisetin and not something else? Could it be a coincidence that you experienced it that day or the next?

Edited by smithx, 27 June 2023 - 07:22 AM.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 04:07 PM

I take rapamycin (5mg or 6mg) every 9 days and herbal senolytics two days before the rapamycin dose every other cycle usually.

- 2.5g quercetin

So far the only side effects I've noticed are a bit of tiredness that dissipates the next day.

Are you certain that the brain fog you experienced was due to the fisetin and not something else? Could it be a coincidence that you experienced it that day or the next?

It could have been a coincidence. Yes.

#5 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 07:22 PM

Thanks, but I was asking ironfistx since he was the one who had complained about it!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 09:12 PM

- 2.5g quercetin

It could have been anything but I think Fisetin was the only unique thing I did to my diet/supplements during the thing in question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users