https://www.youtube....TjNrITUb5M&t=1s

Attached Files

• like x 1

#2 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2023 - 03:09 PM

Thank you Michael.

• At min 3:47, are the ref ranges for older people the same as for younger people? I am always nervous at this issue never clearly researched. At least I do not have it clear... :-(
  • I think there is now ample evidence of both Apo-B and Apo-A superiority when comparing to LDL and HDL. https://www.nsfa.ass...nfin-demontree/
  • Look also at the ratio Apo-B/Apo-A. "ApoB and the apoB/apoA-I ratio were strong predictors of coronary events in middle-aged men and women, whereas apoA-I did not add significantly to the estimation of future coronary risk." https://academic.oup...26/3/271/487127

Edited by albedo, 30 June 2023 - 03:12 PM.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 348 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:27 PM

Based on the paper in the video, lower may not be better for people > 60y...

In terms of the ratio, that will likely be in a future video!

• Informative x 1

#4 ChooseAName

• 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the video.  It would be surprising if lower was always better.  After all, the lipoprotein exists for a reason.

• Good Point x 1

#5 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2023 - 04:10 PM

Based on the paper in the video, lower may not be better for people > 60y...

In terms of the ratio, that will likely be in a future video!

Thank you Michel, I realize that. My criticism was I admit a bit general. I cannot make my mind around (say) things like hormones: would (say) a free testosterone reference range for 25 yo man applicable to a 65 yo man? I guess not. Often ref. ranges are not differentiated for the labs making the assays.

• Good Point x 1

#6 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 348 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2023 - 11:16 AM

Thank you Michel, I realize that. My criticism was I admit a bit general. I cannot make my mind around (say) things like hormones: would (say) a free testosterone reference range for 25 yo man applicable to a 65 yo man? I guess not. Often ref. ranges are not differentiated for the labs making the assays.

No worries albedo. I'd say yes, but only if the youthful testosterone levels for someone of advanced chronological age is also within the context of many other youthful biomarkers. I think it can be a problem for health if that's not the case.

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2023 - 01:13 PM

No worries albedo. I'd say yes, but only if the youthful testosterone levels for someone of advanced chronological age is also within the context of many other youthful biomarkers. I think it can be a problem for health if that's not the case.

Yes, that is a good point. Individual BM are important guidelines for clinicians while looking for more global and far reaching composite indexes, incl. all sort of "omics", better capture the process of aging, its slowing down and hopefully reversal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users