Photo
- - - - -

WellBetX Powder Mix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

I purchased this product for my dad at Whole Foods on the weekend - gave it a quick scan in the store. I've known about the fiber/pills itself for some time now and it's been around the house, but I've never seen this shake. Nothing stood out at me as that bad - not perfect, but not bad considering there's 5 grams of PGX per scoop. Can I get some opinions?

http://www.iherb.com...s&pid=NFS-03558

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

Is he using any other multi with this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:43 AM

Being Canadian, I am somewhat partial to Natural Factors products, although I must admit most of their combo products (multis and the like) are not great. Basically you're paying over 2 dollars for some whey protein, fiber and assorted low levels of vitamins and minerals. I've not looked into the research about PGX but it would have to be plenty compelling for me to buy this stuff. They cite a single university as being behind the PGX research. What about other more documented methods of glucose control, such as alpha lipoic acid? I would say get your father a good multivitamin, whey protein and r-lipoic acid. You could probably get all that for a lower cost per serving than the WellBetX.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 mitkat

• Topic Starter
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

Being Canadian, I am somewhat partial to Natural Factors products, although I must admit most of their combo products (multis and the like) are not great. Basically you're paying over 2 dollars for some whey protein, fiber and assorted low levels of vitamins and minerals. I've not looked into the research about PGX but it would have to be plenty compelling for me to buy this stuff. They cite a single university as being behind the PGX research. What about other more documented methods of glucose control, such as alpha lipoic acid? I would say get your father a good multivitamin, whey protein and r-lipoic acid. You could probably get all that for a lower cost per serving than the WellBetX.

Aye, I am partial to Natural Factors also - plus the fiber was developed at U of T, so I have to be biased. :) He is slowly opening up to the idea of ortho-core, and that is my main push currently for him. It's one of those "NINE pills a day???" kind of conversations. I've got some of the R-LA product from Adam's shop, that's next on the list as supplement pusher.

-

Shepard, I assume you were going to say much the same thing about the multi - in that the powder simply isn't enough. Dangit.

Thanks for the thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users