Healing Psychosis induced brain damage - seeking advice

psychosis brain damage healing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ghola

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2023 - 08:11 PM

I won't go into excessive detail but several years ago I entered a psychosis like episode caused by stress which damaged my brain. I say psychosis like because I never heard voices or saw hallucinations, instead I initially after intense paranoia and fear entered a mania like state, started getting cognitive delusions and intrusive thoughts, and eventually the brain became an almost fractured state before coming out of it. I do not presently experience any delusions, psychotic symptoms  etc

There are several areas of the brain which I can physically feel at times through the day. It's best described as a ticklish itch which initiated during the episode with significant pain. Initially it felt like ants crawling all over the inside of my head

I've circled them in red here: https://ibb.co/MsSft51

These areas are the prefrontal, the occipital (back of the head), the Cerebellum and occasionally base of the neck, and a deeper part of the inner brain which may be the VTA. 

Activities that have aggravated in the past include: extreme cold water exposure to the brain, large cocoa powder intake, prolonged fasting, high temperature saunas, and Grape seed extract at 2g. These have induced a brief mania type state. BPC-157, as described in another post, is clearly stimulating a major pathway but does not cause mania symptoms. Taken together would seem to imply damage to the dopamine system, and perhaps other areas via the norepinetherine pathway

Because this involves damage to subcortical regions, This does not appear to be the kind of problem easily solved by simply raising BDNF and NGF and waiting. I have tried conventional supplement options and suspect them to be quite ineffectual unless taken at higher dosage

Currently I take:

Mag-theonate

ALA, Omega-3 in high dosages

Ginkgo Biilboa

Creatine

Taurine

Vit B, C, A, d3, k2

Uridine & Choline

lithium orotate

NAC

Lion's Mane Amyloban

And various cycling peptides. I have tried semax 1%, BPC-157, and currently p-21 spray.  I'm not impressed by p21 and while semax increased functioning it's dopaminergic action could be dangerous and at one point I became paranoid.  Also interested in GHK-CU and NSI-189. I've considered Dihexa but am wary of the carcinogenic properties. Cerebrolysin is an obvious option but I've yet to find a international clinic willing to do the injections

Anyways, does this site have any insights into best courses of treatment for this issue? Or good international clinics or doctors to consult with?

Edited by Ghola, 09 December 2023 - 08:32 PM.

#2 HBRU

• 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2023 - 02:59 AM

You have to make a brain magnetic resonance scan to evaluate if really damages are there.

As I know brain doesnt feel pain. Strange but true.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:23 AM

You have to make a brain magnetic resonance scan to evaluate if really damages are there.

As I know brain doesnt feel pain. Strange but true.

I have cat scans from the initial FEP and there's nothing much to see, although I would be interested in having another set done since obviously something is happening.

I want to give a bit of an update on progress now that my components for the Mr happy stack have since come in. It seems to be giving me very good results for healing dopaminergic(?) damages. I felt the action quite strongly initially in the VTA region, but now after only a few weeks no longer experience itching in that region which is a good sign. I'm on a cycle of BPC-157 again and either this product is defective or I've seen significant improvements as the sensation is quite subdued now

#4 longcity90

• 68 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 10:37 AM

Hi, I have neuropsychiatric symptoms linked to the degeneration of motor neurons... there are ups and downs. During the weeks for example now I am very sensitive to sounds and noises therefore I induce more CRH stimulation, obsessive intrusive thoughts, paranoia, anger, hatred, hyper vigilance, excessive general stress response...etc. I can tell you that omega 3 helps especially the sheaths but for the symptoms I found topical EPSON magnesium (NMDA antagonist, decrease in calcium channels) more useful. Unfortunately I haven't found something that regenerates yet but sublingual is certainly more useful to permeate into the brain, maybe even subbligual bee pollen, coconut oil... I'd like to try cerebrolysin.

#5 Branislav

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2024 - 04:37 PM

Hi, I have neuropsychiatric symptoms linked to the degeneration of motor neurons... there are ups and downs. During the weeks for example now I am very sensitive to sounds and noises therefore I induce more CRH stimulation, obsessive intrusive thoughts, paranoia, anger, hatred, hyper vigilance, excessive general stress response...etc. I can tell you that omega 3 helps especially the sheaths but for the symptoms I found topical EPSON magnesium (NMDA antagonist, decrease in calcium channels) more useful. Unfortunately I haven't found something that regenerates yet but sublingual is certainly more useful to permeate into the brain, maybe even subbligual bee pollen, coconut oil... I'd like to try cerebrolysin.

How did you get diagnosed?

#6 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2024 - 09:11 PM

Have you tried Dihexa? Or an intranasal peptide like semax to raise bdnf and thereby reconstitute the neurons damaged? My experience is that you will never get very far attempting brain restorative therapies using only oral supplements.

My update: I am trying Dihexa and 9-me-bc right now. Both seem to have had useful effect, particularly 9-me-bc which like all the dopa altering noots had a consciousness-altering effect initially that the brain adapted to and seems to have worked well on itching portions.  Trying various other things as well of course, like a Tumeric-Ashaghanda-ALCAR combination mentioned elsewhere by longecity for nogo a inhibition and effective brain repair despite glial scars, but that is too early to know

Edited by Ghola, 28 January 2024 - 09:11 PM.

#7 Neurocryo

• 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 02:26 AM

Try sleep optimizer by jarrow, rest and renew by LE for the peripheral nervous system.  One a day for athletes.

#8 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2024 - 06:07 AM

Try sleep optimizer by jarrow, rest and renew by LE for the peripheral nervous system.  One a day for athletes.

Looks good, although I've gotten interesting results with serotonin boosting compounds I'm not sure I like... extremely vivid lucid dreams, on one occasion a diminishing of waking consciousness following this.

My current problem is high dopamine levels mostly effecting the midbrain. The itching I was complaining about, as far as I can tell, is just an outward indicator when a brain region is being stressed by this. Nicotine patches to reverse any hypofrontality for instance provoked this and sort of a weighty feeling there. The prefrontal and outer regions of the brain right now seem to have largely recovered under the influence of dihexa, like I can physically feel the difference if I run in terms of brain bloodflow. Cognitively at this point I'm seemingly back to full function anyways

People on this site have suggested raising GDNF for midbrain repair. It seems like one approach is Royal Jelly?

E: One interesting trick I had worth sharing while my dopa levels were uncomfortably high. I megadosed melatonin and the uncomfortable pressure feeling I had went away very quicky. Easy fix that isn't an antipsychotic

Edited by Ghola, 14 February 2024 - 06:11 AM.

#9 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:12 AM

I'm looking back at these logs and am quite happy to have put in the effort of noticing the subtle changes that go about throughout the healing process. For many people I suppose this is trivial or unscientific irrelevancy, but in about 4 months I've gone from serious itching whenever I went for a walk to very little mostly localized in the vta region. Thinking has also gained more total mind coordination and clarity.

Dihexa is without doubt the single most effective treatment I've been using. The additional additives of Lion's mane and BDNF agonism with 7,8 DHF are of course useful additives but hardly gamechanging. I additionally run a stack of anxiolic, antioxidant, neuroprotective and inhibitory type supplements such as Gotu Kola, mag theonate, NAC, ALCAR etc which are necessary elements any person who experienced psychotic-type mania would have to self-treat with in a preventative fashion to prevent disease reoccurance.

Added Phenylpiracetam with choline a few days ago. Phenylpiracetam is quite notable and seems to have increased activity in damaged parts of the brain which I am thinking is key to full recovery. I do not think someone in the early stages of recovery would necessarily benefit from this since there is an organic instability risk, but in the later stages delivering nutrients to damaged areas by bloodflow increase is quite valuable.

Now, something more relevant. I believe the cause of my "psychotic like" (I didn't see things) experience is probably the result of a poorly balanced calcium-magnesium supplement paired with intense acute stress causing excitotoxicity that destabilized the brain. There's no doubt I was experiencing symptoms of elevated dopamine at the time out of acute stress, but to calm myself and knowing very little about supplements I had bought a calc-mag-zinc supplement and megadosed it thoughtlessly.  To quote an outside source, "Very severe hypercalcemia often causes brain dysfunction with confusion, emotional disturbances, delirium, hallucinations, and coma.". A day later I was in delusions walking about and felt an intense pain in my forehead with resulting cognitive issues. Things went downhill after that very fast. The only other risk cofactor to show up on the hospital blood test was iron deficiency, a component of dopamine transport

Edited by Ghola, 15 March 2024 - 06:41 AM.

#10 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2024 - 09:14 PM

So here's a simple update. As embarrassing as it sounds, I've been doing this whole process completely wrong by focusing on a dopamine restoration strategy. I tried a dopamine detox of no internet, sex etc for three days and sure enough I became hyper-vigilant, then paranoid, and throughout prone to making spurious mental associations. Using computers just days later produced the most enormous dopa response, like an electrical breaker on surge for a short moment. One contributory factor to this may have been my decision to megadose lion's mane earlier as a trophic factor- I can tell you from experience high dose Lion's mane will increase midbrain dopamine and stress this area. Another issue was trying nicotine patches again to reverse hypofronality- critical for reversing a known issue with sz/psychosis patients by of course in high dosages will again cause adaptation stresses.

So I went back to the drawing board, cut out dopa additives and threw in tryptophan. And in short order any brain issues, itching etc just stopped. It's a neurotransmitter imbalance problem, I needed to be pushing for serotonin dominance instead of dopamine dominance. There is no way damaged receptors (that's what the itching is) getting spammed by excess dopa can ever effectively repair or heal. Because I've taken AP's, my dopamine receptor density in general is of course already probably lopsided. This is the supersensitivity psychosis hypothesis....

I don't like serotonin dominance in terms of personality profile, and I think I even had issues a while ago by incidentally sensitizing the 5ht2a receptor which caused lucid dreaming and vivid inner visualization capabilities, but this will have to be the approach for now.

Another thing is I may need to take a break from Dihexa supplementation. People have raised the issue of potential autism-like effects elsewhere, and I'm concerned that the hyperfocus I have could be a symptom. Whereas Dihexa is very good for correcting the damaged cognitive map of people with this condition and restoring rounded synaptic functioning, It isn't clear that this restoration is reaching the deeper brain areas that actually are now in need of repair.

I will also try to cut Phenylpiracetam. This wonderful substance significantly reduces Nach receptor density in short order (40% in a matter of days!) and there's no need for play around with this past a certain point.  I am quite interested in trying a general receptor density sensitization and density increase strategy as a means of performance enhancement but a mild push approach coupled with long term behavioral strategies to cement upregulation is probably best. Really the topic of another thread.

I am remembering now that during my FEP I had also megadosed St John's wort in addition to the lopsided cal-mag supplement and iron deficient. Megadosing a  MAO inhibitor, in a state of high dopa release over life stresses, where the dopa is not being transferred properly via iron and sits in the midbrain, with excess calcium. I did this to myself

#11 Neurocryo

• 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 01:17 AM

You megadose too much.

#12 High-IQ-Toilet

• 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 10:31 PM

First off, great work for persevering your daily logging of your cognitive state: it is undoubtedly easy to abandon one's initial quest when faced in solitude. With that said, there are some considerations to keep in mind, the most important advice of which is to choose the most receptor-selective substance for deliberate self-experimentation instead of haphazardly trying random supplements until one sticks. 

A) You stated that the inner brain itching you experienced was demonstrative of neural death: given your CT scans displaying normal function with no indication of neural inflammation or gray-matter volume loss, how did you arrive at the conclusion that the brain itch is indicative of neuronal damage? Feel free to include your newly taken CT scans, if there have been any changes. If this is indeed the case, I'm sure there is a clinical term for this phenomena, so please let me know what that vocabulary is if you do manage to find it. I personally am unable to comment on the significance of the specific localized brain-itching regions, as I have only personally experienced a similar "brain-itch" in ventral tegmental area (VTA); as VTA is compromised of dopaminergic and gaba-nergic neurons, it explains why I had positive experiences with 9-ME-BC & SELANK which is able to modify the VTA behavior, and reduce inattention / emotional dysregulation from ADHD. 

B) I will attempt to dissect / hypothesize why certain past activities triggered the brain-itch phenomena; TLDR- variations of sub-clinical or full-blown excitotoxicity

• Cold Exposure To Brain: Sudden drop in temperature consequent of extreme cold forces the body to restrict blood-flow for non-vital organs for preservation of key body parts, most noticeably heart and brain, in a fashion similar to that of an ischemic cascade, in which the accumulation of glutamate and asparate in extracellular fluid allowed in limited blood flow environment causes excessive neural excitement -> neuronal death
  • Large Cocoa Power Intake: Most analogous example would be administration of modafinil: reduced mesolimbic PFC D2-expression [explains why phenylpiracetam was helpful for you], VTA GABA levels [explains the excessive paranoia], and non-selective attention [explains the hallucinations & delusions] 
  • Long Fasting: blood glucose clears out glutamate b/w inter-synaptic NMDA & AMPA clefts -> fasting causes hypoglycemia -> dangerous glutamate accumulation -> excitotoxicity
  • High Temperature Sauna: practically exact mechanism of action as cold-exposure except in reverse
  • Grape Extract (2g): sudden glutamate rebound after the body cleared out of grape extract 
    Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract inhibits glutamate-induced cell death through inhibition of calcium signals and nitric oxide formation in cultured rat hippocampal neurons  

→ source (external link)

C) Megadosing St. John Wart (MAO-B inhibition) + calcium-magnesium supplements induced influx of [Ca2+] with help of [Mg2+] which enabled voltage-dependent ionotropic channels -> inundation of anchored excitotoxic cations -> cell death; the problem was not with the MAO-B inhibition as I personally take transdermal-selegiline specifically to mitigate against dopaminergic exciotoxicity, but rather your indiscriminate choice of medication + megadosing. 

D) What was your ROA for 9-ME-BC and Dihexa? 9-ME-BC was able to regenerate and regrow dopaminergic neurons, with Dihexa acting as an auxiliary catalyst of potent neural generation. 7,8 DHF would not have helped as it assists in amelioration of oligodendrocytes -> myelin sheath. Lion Mane's rumored potential for nerve growth might have been too weak to meet the necessary threshold for massive neural regeneration.

E) What do you mean when you said you just "threw in tryptophan"? Is this through increased dietary intake of tryptophan-containing seafood or vitamin supplements? If it is supplements, did you take L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP (which would bypass rate-limiting step)? Your sense of relief stems from calibrating your inhibitory: excitatory ratio, which was probably tipped overboard with 9-ME-BC administration. 

Keep in mind that these are all my current theories, which may not be 100% factually true: however, the bigger question is why would you megadose all of these different confounding substances w/o first knowing exactly what you were doing? There is no other way to comment on your fiasco, but to openly call out your tremendously, spectacularly, irresponsible & STUPID decision in megadosing a plethora of confluxing substances (personal insult here is very much 100% fully warranted). There is a difference b/w taking a calculated risk in a deliberately chosen but still relatively-unknown peptide (ONLY AFTER A LOT OF RESEARCH) v.s. in blatant ingorance intaking of as many different shit as possible b/c you read from Reddit or Twitter that each of aforementioned substances had psuedo-pro-cognitive as mentioned by some anecdotal reporting: big shame on you for aimlessly endangering your own life for no reason. 

Edited by High-IQ-Toilet, 14 April 2024 - 10:43 PM.

#13 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2024 - 04:41 AM

Toilet, the initial context was a deeply distressing situation where I believed I was at imminent risk of harm and was under that existential anxiety for quite a prolonged time. I'm not going to cover this at any more length but this was not some reddit fad but rather acute distress.

The problem is called neuropathic pruritus. I've made some cursory study in that area as to treatments, but as with most psychiatric conditions the literature seemed to emphasize to simply more aggressively drug the patient. After release and gradually weening myself off of medication (Which I want to tell others, you must taper slowly in a supportive environment after your mind has adequately healed enough to make coherence of the world) I stopped dealing with the system altogether as it was clear they had no real answers for treating or helping me. So there are no further scans to compare. I will also note that when I first recovered I was operating at a low level of intelligence, many parts of the brain feeling not to be in coordination, and psychiatric drugs themselves notably make a person dumber. Despite various inquiries it became obvious no single person was knowledgeable or interested in helping me so the stack has simply progressed through experimentation. Fetching the initial scan will take a bit.

As I claimed initially, I was indeed able to locally feel when various areas of my brain were activating and through study eventually gathered the most likely candidate for the areas being stimulated was the dopamine pathway. Through trial and error I've been able to gather that substances that stimulate dopamine release appear to be involved in that aggravating sensation. My laymen understanding is that this must be because the areas being stimulated were in some way damaged.

At one point, any level of bloodflow in the region was sufficient to cause this irritation. Merely walking at night, which seemed to potentiate the effects of various supplements, was enough to do this. Watching flashing checkerboards, which also causes the brain to circulate fluid, would also cause this effect. I am happy to remark with months of treatment this problem has almost completely subsided. At times while I think or exercise a hitherto rarely used function I might get an itch as some new area is again exercised, but otherwise in daily life I rarely if ever notice it. The problems you are remarking on- heat, cold, cocoa, grape seed etc do not presently irritate me so I have made significant recovery.

I have unfortunately only a sketchy ROA. It would be possible to compile a list of the cycling therapies I have tried, I suspect it would not produce much insight as this has not been done in a clinical format of clean testing in isolation. It has been 8 months since psychosis sent me back to square one sending me here.

for the first two months, I did almost nothing and was practically a vegetable watching youtube videos. By November I had resumed a cursory supplement program - the bulk of which I list in the initial post, various supplements reputed to be used for schizophrenia off a pubmed paper (bacopa, NAC, omegas, a b-complex, ashwaghanda etc...). The most notable result I found was one of the initial therapies of omega-3 which I felt immediately, I assume because of it's involvement in brain repair. In December I began various peptide therapies - Semax which was quite effective by caused a bought of paranoia causing me to drop, BPC 157 in several cycles, which was overstimulating and I suspect did little, p21 which I would never recommend despite it's web reputation as a restorative therapy. A single cycle of GHK-CU capsules which had no obvious effect at all and I suspect was a dud.

One of the odd things happening here I did not mention is that at various times throughout the day I would recall memories out of the blue of various life instances at random, many of which happened during the psychosis. Most notably under semax, although I do recall this also happening while taking bpc-157. I assume this is involved in repair of the brain. This no longer happens to me.

I did mention Uridine, choline, and DHA as a potential restorative therapy early, and it may have had an effect but the dopa-raising produced a great itching in the midbrain and it wasn't clear that any dramatically restorative effect was pronounced

In January I began taking dihexa which saw the real gains. The first was 5mg twice a day combined with 9-me-bc at 20mg twice a day. As Dihexa came in first I was able to feel the result. It is a subtle thing to explain but I began to feel greater brain connectivity. I woke up one day from sleep about a week in and felt a brain region of mine in communication that had never been felt before. While it is impossible to explain, I could feel the various parts gain greater connectivity whereas before it was as if only a small part of the brain was actually doing the thinking.

I don't think much of 9-me-bc, while using it I can remember feeling the dopamine "pooling" in the brain (this is exactly one of the sensations that happens during psychosis, it is almost as if your consciousness is a tiny raft being drowned and the parts begin the communicate in a distributed fashion lacking central control) and would occasionally get a sort of sensory release I mentally associate with states of zeal and think some people mistake is chakra release.

My earlier theory was that by restoring the dopamine system I would restore functioning. After 9-me-bc I began to get more issues with itching until finally one night while walking I was able to realize the problem really was just dopamine release and I could feel a great weight of pressure on my midbrain, which as I have explained I was able to rectify using melatonin which counteracts dopamine excess. So I stopped using 9-me-bc since it was obvious this was too much to bear.

There was a period of about a month while my Dihexa supplier was slow to produce the product and ship, during which a laundry list of other supplements I had interest in came in. ACLAR, Jujube extract, Lion's mane, uridine and choline again, bacopa, Tumeric, Panax ginseng based on a theory from here involving nogo inhibition, Royal Jelly, gotu kola. Pregnenolone, sleep optimizer and  noopept in combination with 7,8 dhf was later thrown in This concoction was hard to take initially but I adapted although I doubt the components really did much. Each has been implicated in some fashion in brain recovery and I still take most of them

And now begins my second cycle of dihexa. I had doubled the dose after seeing how useful it was, now taking 10mg twice a day. I've only just run out. I credit it as the most effective item out of the laundry list of supplements I've taken and a real turning point.

The only major addition at this point is Tryptophan at 220mg twice a day after I realized that probably the residual itching I was getting was a product of a deficiency in serotonin as I know dopamine and serotonin compete for expression in the brain and I feared I was reaching towards an undesirable dopamine excess. It did seem to require a period of adaptation but now I am fairly well adjusted and even contemplating rejoining public life and the workforce.

You wanted the laundry list rather than the highlights. Almost everything has been sourced from various bits of commentary taken from this forum. I currently take:

pregnenolone

low dosages of Lion's mane mixed with cocoa mixed with agmatine

an amino acid and creatine mix

Dihexa

L-Tryptophan (to raise serotonin)

Quercetin (anticancer agent in warding against dihexa)

Gotu Kola (anxiolytic)

Jiaogulan as a trial for reputed dopamine restoration properties

a simple multivitamin

omega-3's

ashwaghanda

ALCAR

CDP choline

7,8 dhf paired with noopept, which I cycle

Tumeric

Panax Ginseng (nogo A inhibition)

NAC + glycine

Magnesium

Vit C

BPC-157 again in trial, which now does not produce any itching sensation at all

Oh, and nicotine patches occasionally in very low dosages. One of the few reputed ways to reverse hypofrontality. I've one of Amen's books on neuroimagining and noted his schizophrenia patients all demonstrated hypofrontality and believed it was a credible possibility. Early on, I noted it was as though my prefrontal region had less control over my brain. This had changed with time thankfully

I have been thinking of testing my recovery by dropping the vast majority of supplements for a week or two and seeing what happens. I doubt I shall take many further cycles of dihexa and generally have spent a great deal of time researching each of the supplements I take

Edited by Ghola, 15 April 2024 - 04:57 AM.

#14 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:40 PM

Oh, and in case it isn't clear I agree with your analysis involving damage from excitotoxicity and 9-me-bc tipping towards an excitatory balance of neuronal factors.  My understanding is that Serotonin has a dampening functioning on cell communication and is in some sense inhibitory.

As per the scattershot logs: The only approach that has yielded results for me is treating this as a form of TBI and taking supplements found effective for this. I know of no books beyond discounted orthomolecular ones for treating and recovering from psychosis, the psychiatric profession has no interest in this manner of recovery and effectively maintains it isn't possible, the "survivor" community consists of mostly lunatic people who haven't the faintest clue.

It is fair to say this approach has been reckless, but there isn't a luminated path for recovery for this problem

#15 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2024 - 01:01 AM

Very interesting finding to report which may shed some light on the pathology of sz/psychosis. This week, perhaps because of supplements that increase d1 receptor density, I seem to be regaining signalling communication with rear areas of my brain that had been less prominent till now - the occipital and upper back of the parietal chiefly, both of which were damaged regions.

This may of been my doing through conscious effort. Through experience, I noted that mental concentration on specific areas of the brain seemed able to selectively stimulate them- I was aware of this as concentration is able to produce specific itching sensory sensations in damaged areas as if feeling them through preferential bloodflow.

Anyways, in an attempt to increase brain communication I followed this strategy of focusing on the desired area and began practicing mild cognitive activities to try and stimulate neuronal activity in them (usually mental math or memory retrieval and reflection) and found that these areas would often produce a mild counter-signal in response to be processed by the brain. Remembering old traumatic memories and delusional thought patterns from the psychotic-like experience generally.

Through this form of integration over a period of hours, probably in conjunction with restorative supplements at work, I seem to have increased the salience of communication with these regions and connectivity. And boy, can I feel the itch coming from them now. My hope is with use these brain regions begin to mylinate and experience greater restoration with use, although I am mindful that activity must be within acceptable limits not to increase any damages. This was also practiced in the prefrontal region to good effect, although it would appear this area is already quite robust and not appearing damaged now thankfully, although subjective sense of integration certainly increased.

So in my case, there are regions of the brain I believe to be damaged that could automatically and continuously fire neuronal impulses without conscious coordination in the event of excess activity caused by glutamate or excess d1 activation. This may be a critical aspect of how the pathology of psychosis turns into schizophrenia. Damaged region begins to autofire -> produces uncoordinated delusional thinking -> brain failing to repair these regions leads to chronic aggravation of delusional thinking if excitatory nt's take command.

Generally explains why d2/d3 inhibitory activation of the dopamine system, itself merely a signalling neurotransmitter, would be the action of antipsychotics

Edited by Ghola, 23 April 2024 - 01:04 AM.

#16 Neurocryo

• 59 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 AM

Toilet, the initial context was a deeply distressing situation where I believed I was at imminent risk of harm and was under that existential anxiety for quite a prolonged time. I'm not going to cover this at any more length but this was not some reddit fad but rather acute distress.

The problem is called neuropathic pruritus. I've made some cursory study in that area as to treatments, but as with most psychiatric conditions the literature seemed to emphasize to simply more aggressively drug the patient. After release and gradually weening myself off of medication (Which I want to tell others, you must taper slowly in a supportive environment after your mind has adequately healed enough to make coherence of the world) I stopped dealing with the system altogether as it was clear they had no real answers for treating or helping me. So there are no further scans to compare. I will also note that when I first recovered I was operating at a low level of intelligence, many parts of the brain feeling not to be in coordination, and psychiatric drugs themselves notably make a person dumber. Despite various inquiries it became obvious no single person was knowledgeable or interested in helping me so the stack has simply progressed through experimentation. Fetching the initial scan will take a bit.

As I claimed initially, I was indeed able to locally feel when various areas of my brain were activating and through study eventually gathered the most likely candidate for the areas being stimulated was the dopamine pathway. Through trial and error I've been able to gather that substances that stimulate dopamine release appear to be involved in that aggravating sensation. My laymen understanding is that this must be because the areas being stimulated were in some way damaged.

At one point, any level of bloodflow in the region was sufficient to cause this irritation. Merely walking at night, which seemed to potentiate the effects of various supplements, was enough to do this. Watching flashing checkerboards, which also causes the brain to circulate fluid, would also cause this effect. I am happy to remark with months of treatment this problem has almost completely subsided. At times while I think or exercise a hitherto rarely used function I might get an itch as some new area is again exercised, but otherwise in daily life I rarely if ever notice it. The problems you are remarking on- heat, cold, cocoa, grape seed etc do not presently irritate me so I have made significant recovery.

I have unfortunately only a sketchy ROA. It would be possible to compile a list of the cycling therapies I have tried, I suspect it would not produce much insight as this has not been done in a clinical format of clean testing in isolation. It has been 8 months since psychosis sent me back to square one sending me here.

for the first two months, I did almost nothing and was practically a vegetable watching youtube videos. By November I had resumed a cursory supplement program - the bulk of which I list in the initial post, various supplements reputed to be used for schizophrenia off a pubmed paper (bacopa, NAC, omegas, a b-complex, ashwaghanda etc...). The most notable result I found was one of the initial therapies of omega-3 which I felt immediately, I assume because of it's involvement in brain repair. In December I began various peptide therapies - Semax which was quite effective by caused a bought of paranoia causing me to drop, BPC 157 in several cycles, which was overstimulating and I suspect did little, p21 which I would never recommend despite it's web reputation as a restorative therapy. A single cycle of GHK-CU capsules which had no obvious effect at all and I suspect was a dud.

One of the odd things happening here I did not mention is that at various times throughout the day I would recall memories out of the blue of various life instances at random, many of which happened during the psychosis. Most notably under semax, although I do recall this also happening while taking bpc-157. I assume this is involved in repair of the brain. This no longer happens to me.

I did mention Uridine, choline, and DHA as a potential restorative therapy early, and it may have had an effect but the dopa-raising produced a great itching in the midbrain and it wasn't clear that any dramatically restorative effect was pronounced

In January I began taking dihexa which saw the real gains. The first was 5mg twice a day combined with 9-me-bc at 20mg twice a day. As Dihexa came in first I was able to feel the result. It is a subtle thing to explain but I began to feel greater brain connectivity. I woke up one day from sleep about a week in and felt a brain region of mine in communication that had never been felt before. While it is impossible to explain, I could feel the various parts gain greater connectivity whereas before it was as if only a small part of the brain was actually doing the thinking.

I don't think much of 9-me-bc, while using it I can remember feeling the dopamine "pooling" in the brain (this is exactly one of the sensations that happens during psychosis, it is almost as if your consciousness is a tiny raft being drowned and the parts begin the communicate in a distributed fashion lacking central control) and would occasionally get a sort of sensory release I mentally associate with states of zeal and think some people mistake is chakra release.

My earlier theory was that by restoring the dopamine system I would restore functioning. After 9-me-bc I began to get more issues with itching until finally one night while walking I was able to realize the problem really was just dopamine release and I could feel a great weight of pressure on my midbrain, which as I have explained I was able to rectify using melatonin which counteracts dopamine excess. So I stopped using 9-me-bc since it was obvious this was too much to bear.

There was a period of about a month while my Dihexa supplier was slow to produce the product and ship, during which a laundry list of other supplements I had interest in came in. ACLAR, Jujube extract, Lion's mane, uridine and choline again, bacopa, Tumeric, Panax ginseng based on a theory from here involving nogo inhibition, Royal Jelly, gotu kola. Pregnenolone, sleep optimizer and  noopept in combination with 7,8 dhf was later thrown in This concoction was hard to take initially but I adapted although I doubt the components really did much. Each has been implicated in some fashion in brain recovery and I still take most of them

And now begins my second cycle of dihexa. I had doubled the dose after seeing how useful it was, now taking 10mg twice a day. I've only just run out. I credit it as the most effective item out of the laundry list of supplements I've taken and a real turning point.

The only major addition at this point is Tryptophan at 220mg twice a day after I realized that probably the residual itching I was getting was a product of a deficiency in serotonin as I know dopamine and serotonin compete for expression in the brain and I feared I was reaching towards an undesirable dopamine excess. It did seem to require a period of adaptation but now I am fairly well adjusted and even contemplating rejoining public life and the workforce.

You wanted the laundry list rather than the highlights. Almost everything has been sourced from various bits of commentary taken from this forum. I currently take:

pregnenolone

low dosages of Lion's mane mixed with cocoa mixed with agmatine

an amino acid and creatine mix

Dihexa

L-Tryptophan (to raise serotonin)

Quercetin (anticancer agent in warding against dihexa)

Gotu Kola (anxiolytic)

Jiaogulan as a trial for reputed dopamine restoration properties

a simple multivitamin

omega-3's

ashwaghanda

ALCAR

CDP choline

7,8 dhf paired with noopept, which I cycle

Tumeric

Panax Ginseng (nogo A inhibition)

NAC + glycine

Magnesium

Vit C

BPC-157 again in trial, which now does not produce any itching sensation at all

Oh, and nicotine patches occasionally in very low dosages. One of the few reputed ways to reverse hypofrontality. I've one of Amen's books on neuroimagining and noted his schizophrenia patients all demonstrated hypofrontality and believed it was a credible possibility. Early on, I noted it was as though my prefrontal region had less control over my brain. This had changed with time thankfully

I have been thinking of testing my recovery by dropping the vast majority of supplements for a week or two and seeing what happens. I doubt I shall take many further cycles of dihexa and generally have spent a great deal of time researching each of the supplements I take

One thing I can say with SZA is that no cocoa powder IE cocoa via has been much better,  I quit taking NAC too which I th8nk sabotages any supplement regiment.  Everything in your mix I agree with apart with the stuff I haven’t heard of 7,8, bpc.  I can recommend beef brain.  Sounds crazy but it is the perfect mix of a functioning brain and it always keeps me level.  Be careful with magnesium, l threonate seems a bit overpowered to brain as opposed to the chelates which should target the whole body.  As for turmeric, I bought a bunch of the Chenland brand for about a year and a half and now they are off the market for easy consumers.  I am working with quality of life but may switch to longvida, however, keep this up it works well for people like us.

Ad for ashwaganda, I sit hunched over for about an hour a night and take LEs rest and renew for its shoden ashwaganda and it c8mplelely repairs my spine whenever I take it,  highly rec9mmended.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 Ghola

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted Today, 12:06 AM

Neurocryo, thank you for your input. I will investigate beef brain.

Whatever I've been doing right now is evidently stressing my midbrain and previously the occipital a little bit so I'm backing off on anything related to dopa stimulation. I think it's the subutiamine, although cdp-choline also helps with density. It's like a tightrope - raise it a little bit, I can feel striatal itching which will bother me throughout the day mildly until the brain is able to calibrate itself.

I don't know if you have this problem with sza, but I found following my issue that there were signs of negative symptoms in that my motivation, zest for life was somewhat deficient. There's a greater sense of normality as I regenerate and increase d1, but in the short term it can cause suspicious thinking. I really have to be careful not to fill my mind with paranoia-inducing narratives, in an elevated dopa state any sort of seemingly abnormal or out of place activity could cause concern

Does the pathology of your illness have anything to do with excitotoxic brain damage, or is it implicitly genetic for you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psychosis, brain damage, healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users