• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Liposomal liquid that much better than powder capsules?

bioavailability bioavailable liposome liposomal absorption delivery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:32 AM

This article is pro liquid liposomes

https://www.actinovo...-the-comparison

"Water creates a special pressure inside and around the vesicle that holds the membrane in place. If water is removed, it cannot maintain its three-dimensional shape. This leads to a loss of the structural shape.

This means that liposomal powders in the conventional sense do not exist. Although the basis of these "liposomal" powders are phospholipids, no spherical phospholipid bilayer forms around the active ingredient.

Once the products are freeze-dried into a powder, the phospholipids "stick" to the active ingredient in a disordered fashion. Therefore, the term lipid powder is probably a more appropriate description. We show you a direct comparison:"

They then show a trial result

"Comparing the three forms, liposomal powder, the classic tablet and the liposomal liquid form, a study shows the difference: liquid supplements prevail with their unbeatable effectiveness over conventional tablets and the powder form!

The powder product actually performs the worst in the overall comparison and is the least effective even compared to conventional tablets."

Interesting Renue By Science has their flagship(NR, NMN, NAD+ in one capsule) product using this inferior delivery, or is it just marketing hype?  They still sell their NMN + Resveratrol product in the pump, maybe the way to go

Most lipsomal companies like Live On Labs do no use liposomal powders
However there are many NAD+ companies selling the supposed liposomal powders

Thoughts

Edited by Gal220, 20 February 2024 - 03:04 AM.

• unsure x 1

#2 Gal220

• Topic Starter
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 05:10 AM

From PlantaCorp

https://plantacorp.com/faq/

"

Liposomes are produced in a liquid atmosphere. When liposomal formulations are dried, the structure of the liposomes can no longer be maintained, and the liposomes dissociate. 

We conducted a bioavailability study that compared liquid and powder forms of vitamin C. This study proved that the bioavailability of the powdered liposomal form was as poor as a non-liposomal powder product. In comparison, the liquid liposomal vit. C had a very high bioavailability."

Someone marked unsure to the first post, I am also unsure

but why pay a premium price for NMN/NR/NAD+ powdered liposomes if the liquid liposomal is a superior product?

Renue By Science is who I prefer to order from and they offer both but liquid liposomal is only NMN.  It seems like the obvious buy and thats what I wound up purchasing

Not sure why they even offer the capsule

Edited by Gal220, 21 February 2024 - 05:10 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:59 AM

This study proved that the bioavailability of the powdered liposomal form was as poor as a non-liposomal powder product. In comparison, the liquid liposomal vit. C had a very high bioavailability."

Just salesman talk.

Already a few years this study by Dr. Levy (together with Nina Mikirova and Ronald Hunninghake) came out, which finally did measure the leukocytes cell's concentration, comparing 5g liposomal to 5g ordinary ascorbic acid (and with hydrocortisone). I'm not aware of any other.

Quote:

https://isom.ca/article/

post-12057-0-11352300-1554211021_thumb.p

post-12057-0-14445800-1554211092_thumb.p

Summary

• Comparisons of the liposome-encapsulated and non-encapsulated (powder) ascorbate supplementations demonstrated that liposomal ascorbate intake results in longer retention of ascorbate in blood. Plasma concentrations of ascorbate remained at the level of 100% increase during 3 hours for non-encapsulated ascorbate and longer than 4.5 hours for liposomal ascorbate. The maximum percentage of ascorbate increase was the same for both formulations and reached 150%-170%.
  • The concentrations of ascorbate in white blood cells were changed after intake of ascorbate in the form of non-encapsulated and encapsulated liposomal ascorbate supplementations. The average maximum increase in the concentrations of ascorbate in cells was the same for both formulations (in range 40%÷50%). The data show that liposomal ascorbate resulted in faster intake by cells. The comparison of the areas under the curve for concentrations that were higher than initial levels showed that AUC was on 50% larger for liposomal formulation in comparison with non-encapsulated ascorbate.
  • The data support our hypothesis that hydrocortisone can have effect on the uptake of ascorbate by cells, when it is given as an adjuvant to ascorbate supplementation. The injection of hydrocortisone before intake of supplements resulted in more favorable percentage of intracellular ascorbate intake.
  • The weakness of the study is the low number of the participants and the measurements of ascorbate concentrations in plasma and cells by a method based on the condensation reaction of dehydroascorbic with formation of colored product that was detected by fluorescence.

To summarize, the same plasma levels with both, but an insignificant slightly longer retention time for liposomal at equal 5 gram doses. Now the results at least I have been waiting for a long time: lymphocytes cell concentration actually the same again, but AUC concentration in cells 50% larger with liposoamal only.

I certainly will stick to 25 g/d of ordinary ascorbic acid I took for 10 years, and which already showed so many health-benefits to me. Instead of taking about 16 g/d of expensive liposomal, which would equal my dose in respect to absorption according to this study.

#4 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 12:06 PM

I certainly will stick to 25 g/d of ordinary ascorbic acid I took for 10 years, and which already showed so many health-benefits to me. Instead of taking about 16 g/d of expensive liposomal, which would equal my dose in respect to absorption according to this study.

Sorry for the error, by pasting an old post of mine. It's already been 15 years.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Gal220

• Topic Starter
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 02:26 PM

I wouldn't bother with liposomal for many nutrients, there is the problem of getting past the liver for NAD+ though

I think Renue By Science sublingual liposome is ideal for NAD+, I like their capsule formulation, but I have doubts about liposomal powder as a delivery mechanism

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bioavailability, bioavailable, liposome, liposomal, absorption, delivery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users