* * * * * 1 votes

Springtime fan club

springtime fun good times spring fan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 01:15 PM

Less serious thread about the Springtime and its effects on brain health, and increased ethanol consumption.  :cool:

I feel like I come alive this time of the year. The same thing happens every year. I feel like I have mild form of seasonal affective disorder but I also feel the contrast between the dark time of the year and this bright spring-summer time wouldn't be possible without it.

How do you guys react to different times of the year? I am a child of Spring being born in May, maybe that affects my love of the Springtime. 

But is it also increased serotonin from exposure to sunlight? We know serotonergic drugs can sometimes induce mania.  ;)

Cheers to the good times! 

#2 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 12:40 PM

Played some badminton today, was fun. Should focus more on exercise and less beer, otherwise you'll see more threads like this from me, haha.

Looks like the seasonal depression can go either way:

What Is Spring Depression?

Spring depression is a form of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) that occurs in the spring and/or summer, instead of the more common form of SAD, which occurs in the fall and winter months.

→ source (external link)

Rambling alone here a lot, I guess the glory days of the "nootropic movement" are gone, but I'm not giving up!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:28 PM

Hey Galaxy, I feel the same way! Springtime makes me feel vital, full of energy, full of hormones - like a teenager again. 

Also a fellow May baby, but c'mon, who doesn't love springtime? Unless people have allergies, at which point, you have more bio-optimizing to do...  :-D

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 05:43 AM

Nice to hear from you GoingPrimal!

I used to have allergies that would appear at springtime, but they have dissipated on their own during the years.

Spending Easter in country side now, feeling very peaceful. Attached a few pics I took with my phone.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: springtime, fun, good times, spring, fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users