• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Are Turmeric And Black Pepper Bad For Health?

diet tracking blood testing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Lustgarten

• 353 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:25 AM

https://www.youtube....5PtmrOQGg4&t=1s

Attached Files

• Informative x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for this insight once again Dr. Lustgarten. You have done an awesome job tracking diet, exercise, and aging.

However, the food/diet advice on the Internet is getting too meticulous (IMO) as ever more biomarkers are available to be measured at an ever finer level. It is obvious that health can be achieved through many different diet/exercise interventions. Dr. Lustgarten certainly has a diet that could be copied by most people and would lead to radically increased health less disease burden, but it isn't rejuvenation. Everyone who has tried to hack aging through diet/exercise alone - still ends up dead.

Dr. Saladino says pepper combined with tumeric is bad. Dr. Lustgarten shows these are probably not bad. Dr. Esselstein says avoid almost all fat for good heart health. Many paleo and keto dieters have great heart health while eating large amount of fat - even saturated fat. Just today Dr. Mercola is telling people to not over-consume spinach, sweet potatoes, or almonds. So much contradictory advice.

The basic advice that is going to keep you healthy is a balanced diet, staying relatively thin, and getting moderate exercise.

If you want to live a lot longer (more than 120), you would probably be best served by supporting rejuvenation research.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 353 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2024 - 06:24 PM

Hi Mind, I agree, rejuvenation tech is the way to go in terms of investment-at best, my approach will slow aging, not reverse it.

Rather than the general recommendation to "eat real food and exercise", I think that regular monitoring and optimization of biomarkers of multiple organ systems may lead to improved health, and potentially longevity. With that in mind, using an objective analysis like that in the video to identify diet and exercise prescriptions, with the goal of squeezing as much juice out of our metaphorical oranges as possible. It's the live long enough to live forever approach, or ha, die trying (in my case).

• Good Point x 1

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:26 PM

Hi Mind, I agree, rejuvenation tech is the way to go in terms of investment-at best, my approach will slow aging, not reverse it.

Rather than the general recommendation to "eat real food and exercise", I think that regular monitoring and optimization of biomarkers of multiple organ systems may lead to improved health, and potentially longevity. With that in mind, using an objective analysis like that in the video to identify diet and exercise prescriptions, with the goal of squeezing as much juice out of our metaphorical oranges as possible. It's the live long enough to live forever approach, or ha, die trying (in my case).

Yes! Thanks for showing everyone the "low-hanging fruit" that is available to them right now.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet tracking, blood testing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users