Photo
- - - - -

Supplements and Minerals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:33 AM

Which supplements and minerals are required for optimal cognitive performance and energy? I am talking about those supplements that you see in the drug store or at GNC. I am not talking about nootropics or drugs designed to enhance mental performance. Ortho-Core, One-a-Day, Centrum, etc. include many of these supplements for one reason or another, but which supplements seem to be related most closely to cognitive performance and energy? I am considering that prehaps my diet could be deficient in some area where I could receive benefit by supplementing. Any suggestions or a top ten list of supplements?

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Why are you strictly concerned with cognitive performance? A healthy mind and body aren't seperate things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

One supplement I'd consider near the top of that list would be Omega 3.

#4 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

Why are you strictly concerned with cognitive performance? A healthy mind and body aren't seperate things.

I am interested in overall health for the aim of longevity, but I don't really care about physical *performance*. I want to remain physically healthy, but I don't invest time, money, energy or any product derived from the previous three to enhance physical *ability* (I do work to maintain physical health -- these are different objectives). Ask a body builder why he/she is concerned about enhancing physical ability over mental ability and you will get a subjective answer.

You are correct though, mind and body are connected. What are you suggesting?

#5 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

There isn't a lot of supplementation over here strictly for performance reasons (not physical, anyway). Some might have those effects, but usually isn't the primary reason behind their use. Hit your bases, then go from there.

#6 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

There isn't a lot of supplementation over here strictly for performance reasons (not physical, anyway). Some might have those effects, but usually isn't the primary reason behind their use. Hit your bases, then go from there.

Sounds reasonable. I was thinking that I could be deficient in some mineral or vitamin. Something that I may not be getting in my diet. Therefore, I could potentially feel better by taking a supplement to compensate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:45 AM

It's possible, which is pretty much why a good multi is a base supplement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users