Photo
- - - - -

AOR's Total E

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

I'm thinking of adding vitamin E to my supplement regimen and so far AOR's Total E has appealed the most to me. Though I'm bit concerned that maybe the amounts are bit high as they can maybe cause fatigue which I'm not looking forward. Is anyone supplementing with Total E and what do you think about the amounts?

I'll also list the supplement facts:

"Serving size: 1 Softgel.

Tocopherols 365mg

d-alpha-tocopherol 98 i.u. 65mg
d-beta-tocopherol 8mg
d-gamma-tocopherol 210mg
d-delta-tocopherol 82mg
Tocotrienols 50mg
d-alpha-tocotrienol 15mg
d-beta-tocotrienol 0.6mg
d-gamma-tocotrienol 28mg
d-delta-tocotrienol 6.3mg
Coenzyme Q10 (natural - biofermentation) 30mg "

(I also take 360 g of vitamin C complex.)

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

I like it, and don't feel the amount too high.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

Isn't vitamin E supposed to be measured in international units? I think that is the part that has me scratching my head. Why is it not presented in IUs? Some sites say some age ranges should take up to 1,000 IUs. I think that is high and should be used with caution.

The real problem with E is that it can be something that you take for a long time and then it develops a problem. I don't think you can expect any problems near term. So, it is kinda of a keep it the back of your mind kind of thing. It may cause problems when you become complacent about it.

This site mentions some issues with toxicity. It actually has reported deaths from each nutrient. I didn't realize there have been 1 death reported from too much prydoxine and some other nutrients. But if you know the problems you are likely to have then I think you should be fine.

http://www.emedicine...RG/topic638.htm

This may sound kinda silly by Max Wolf MD actually said that after the age of 27 people don't have enough enzymes to digest their food. So, if you are older than 27, according to some people, you might not have enough enzymes to lyase the fat. You might also consider some digestive enzymes with food to help ensure you do absorb those nutritients.

Now, if you don't want to beleive that cut-off age of 27, then you might consider any abuse you subjected your body to like booze, street drugs, bad diet, eating to fast or other ways we burden our digestion, or other health problems you may have, etc., etc. Enzymes are an excellent adjunct to nutrional supplements. Some consider enzymes to a good part of those anti-oxidants and free radical scavenger things that we supposedly need.

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

alpha tocopherol is in IU... the other tocopherols are not.

#5 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

This is a great product, NOW's quality control is phenomenal and the price I am sure is better.

http://www.nowfoods....l&item_id=72411

Tru-E Bio Complex™ - 60 Gels
PRODUCT #: 0950
UPC: 733739009500

Biologically Balanced
First Non-GMO Vitamin E
Antioxidant & Cardiovascular Support*
100% Natural, Unesterified
NOW® Tru-E Bio Complex™ is a unique biologically balanced, patent-pending formula designed to provide optimal Vitamin E activity. This product features 100% natural, Non-Genetically Modified sources of all 8 isomers (forms) of the Vitamin E "family" in ratios similar to what is found in a healthy diet. This biological balance is important because recent research indicates that these isomers work best as a team to quench the lipid and nitrogen free radicals known to cause injury to cells and tissues. This product supports a healthy cardiovascular system, youthful skin and nervous system function with potent antioxidants. This science-based natural Vitamin E spplement is unlike any other and the first to combine all of these benefits in one convenient non-GMO formula!*

Tru-E BioComplex™ Fact Sheet

Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopherol)
(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO Tocovet™) 200 IU 670%
Mixed Natural Tocopherols (Natural Complex)
(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO Tocovet™) 441 mg †
[Typical Distribution:
Gamma Tocopherol (200 mg),
Delta Tocopherol (104 mg),
Alpha Tocopherol (135 mg),
Beta Tocopherol (2 mg)]
Mixed Natural Tocotrienols 33 mg †
(from Non-GMO DeltaGold® Annatto Tocotrienols and Non-GMO Tocomin®
Full Spectrum Mixed Palm Tocotrienol Complex)
[Typical Distribution: Gamma Tocotrienol (6 mg),
Delta Tocotrienol (23 mg), Alpha Tocotrienol (3 mg),
Beta Tocotrienol (1 mg)]
Plant Squalene (Palm) (from Tocomin®) 1.5 mg †
Sterol Complex (from Tocomin®) 580 mcg †

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

I should mention that taking Jarrow's FamilE plus a separate coenzyme Q10 supplement is cheaper than Total E. FamilE also has lutein and zeaxanthin to boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users