Photo
- - - - -

Memory Recall

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

I need to learn verbatim with as little chance of recall failure as possible, about a page of material for tomorrow. while I do have centrophenoxine and piracetam at my disposal, they have had unwanted effects of fogginess on me before so I do not wish to rely upon them.

The material includes three equations and about half a page of bullet point text. I was wondering what the best method of learning it was. Writing it out continuously, forcing myself to recall it from memory rather than reading the above example is what comes to mind for me, if anyone knows anything more effective please let me know. Its 2pm my time right now, I would like to be asleep by midnight, that gives me eight hours at my disposal.

Thanks guys

#2 Utnapishtim

• 219 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hmm... Mnemonic memory systems can greatly aid recall but usually take a little practice to use efficiently... Still its worth a shot. I would reccommend a google search under the title "Mnemonics"

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, I forgot to mention Im using that for the text based material. The equations however I just need to learn outright

#4 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

I used one last year for types of functional graphics. called it DRMORTI, a phonetic variation of dr marty. (as pronounced with a belfast accent). Was very effective

#5 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

In my case, I mostly do not memorize equations completely, but try to understand the rationale behind it. The combination of recall and understanding is for me the best way to deal with these things and also ensures long time familiarity with the subject.

:)

#6 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

write down the material.. hopefully it is in your own words.. then record it on audio.. then review listening to the playback while writing the material out again..

works for me.

#7 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

Used to do that myself kevin man. Its a kickass way of learning things.
Did the test today, and remembered the material :D So thankfully its all over! =)

#8 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

write down the material.. hopefully it is in your own words.. then record it on audio.. then review listening to the playback while writing the material out again..

works for me.

I will try this method. I've never tried recording my own voice and listening to it back to enhance learning abilities. I don't like the way my voice sounds when I record it and play it back.

#9 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

You should hear mine, I hate it. I sound like a leprechaun or something.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

There are various memnonic tricks to help memorise things. As far as nootropics go, I would suggest fish oil, vinpocetine and piracetam. They do not start to show effect overnight so give them time. Fogginess is a rare side effect of piracetam or centro. Are you taking any choline with them? It's best to stay with something for a while to get the full effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users