Photo
- - - - -

Best Bacopa brand?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

What is considered the best Bacopa brand apart from AOR's Bacopa Enlighten?

Next time I get Bacopa I am considering a different brand. AOR's Bacopa is too concentrated for me and makes me feel tired if I take it in the morning. On the other hand, taking it at night is not certain to provide any benefits and may even harm sleep quality. Is there any consesnsus as to when it is best to take Bacopa?

#2 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

I take AOR's Bacopa Enlighten before bed. (I cannot say that I have received any benefit from taking it though.) Is there anything that makes you suspect that Bacopa might harm sleep?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:10 AM

sabinsa bacopin

#4 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

No, it probably does not degrade the quality of sleep. However, there is no evidence either way. No one knows the effects of Bacopa on sleep.

Also, why do you take it before bed? Have you also experienced tiredness from it?

#5 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:46 AM

I think I might have actually. I don't remember, I think some other member mentioned that it was best taken before bed so I did not question the reasoning and did the same.

#6 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:51 AM

Interesting recommendation; the guys from AOR told me to take it before bed also. However, this was only because I reported tiredness when taking it in the morning before breakfast. I think all of the studies for Bacopa have been with it taken in the morning on an empty stomach and not at night.

#7 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

On the other hand, taking it at night is not certain to provide any benefits and may even harm sleep quality.

It's effects arrive after long-term use, so it doesn't matter when you take it. Studies reported effects after 12 weeks. One study which was done after 4 weeks supplementation did not produce any cognitive enhancing effects, so if it does work then it needs time probably. Harming sleep quality - there's no basis for that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:52 AM

Yes, I know Bacopa's effects are cumulative and it likely produces the same benefits regardless of when it was taken. However, this is a hypothesis and it has not been tested. The same goes for sleep quality. It probably does not affect sleep quality, but there isn't any research on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users