Photo
- - - - -

Music?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 rhakshasa

• 136 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

What supplement affect music sound and how we appreciate it and how we understand it. I don't know if any of you are musician but it's important to us :)

#2 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:40 AM

Cannibis can completely change your perspective on music. I also dont recommend it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

Placebo? I mean what you are trying to do is change something that is completely subjective. So using a substance that is completely subjective seems like the perfect match :-). Ok, next time when I don't have anything to say, I'll stay quiet instead...

#4 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Cannibis can completely change your perspective on music. I also dont recommend it.

how come you dont reccomend the cannabis?

#5 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

Piracetam has enhanced my appreciation of music. I would think that any racetam would do the same thing. What's wrong with cannabis besides the legal situation?

#6 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

how come you dont reccomend the cannabis?

Because i have no idea if the person i recomended it to could handle it. A lot of people that start smoking cannabis cant do it sparingly and it can quickly become a daily thing (especially if its available). Now if someone did it now and then (like about once or twice a month) i dont see it as a big problem. It certainly expands your mind in different ways and it and it can definantly change your perspective on music and life in general. Theres a few problems though

1) Its illegal and unless you know the guy got it out of his backyard your not exactly sure its clean. Its most likely clean but who knows.

2)If you have serious anxiety or depression issues it can excasperate them and even has a potential for opening up personality and "schizo" disorders in people that are susceptible

3)It can be expensive if you want the good weed i.e homegrown. Not the mexican brick shit they send over the border.

4)Whether you beleive it or not weed can be very addictive and ruin your life

But again if you can handle it, light one up and have a jam session

#7 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:16 AM

I always figured different neurotransmitters = different interpretations of music.

For instance: With acetylcholine you will most likely sense music. With serotonin you will most likely feel music.

Just a theory based off the ideas in doctor bravermans book.

#8 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:23 AM

I don't know of any legal supplements that enhance music, although generally when I feel good the music sounds better!

Cannibis gave me some of the strongest shifts in my appreciation of music, it allowed me to concentrate and absorb the music without analyzing it too much.
2c-i gave synesthasia when listening to music, Doc Dob and Doi seemed to make everything alot more intense, but they are untested research chems. I would recommend against experimenting with them until they have been tested more thoroughly.

#9 hecbay

• 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

Dimethyltryptamine

DMT is a powerful psychoactive substance. If DMT is smoked, injected, or orally ingested with an MAOI, it can produce powerful entheogenic experiences including true hallucinations (perceived extensions of reality). A trip sitter is often employed to assist the drug user in staying physically and mentally healthy, and, in the case of smoked DMT, to catch the pipe when the user loses awareness of it.

Induced DMT experiences can include profound time-dilation, visual and audio and MUSIC hallucinations

DMT is classified in the United States as a Schedule I drug

#10 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:47 AM

So technically every person is manufacturing a Schedule I drug!

#11 pikatchu

• 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

What supplement affect music sound and how we appreciate it and how we understand it. I don't know if any of you are musician but it's important to us  :)

For music appreciation and understanding, I would first go with Piracetam.

#12 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

So technically every person is manufacturing a Schedule I drug!

Don't forget morphine too. Although that's a schedule II drug.

http://wired.com/new...tw=wn_tophead_4

#13 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

Dont forget a bowl full of shrooms dipped in acid with MDMA sprinkles. Mmmmhmmm. Sure fire way to have music everywhere at all times [thumb]

#14 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

It's all about the Salvia!

Oops, wrong thread. :)

#15 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

Seriously, LSD-25* and psychedelic trance do it all the time

* (6aR,9R)-N,N-Diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo-[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide

#16 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

Could this be closed or otherwise dealt with?
Is imminst a forum for exchange of information about recreational drugs?

Edited by brainbox, 20 September 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#17 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

You dont even need to go near illegal drugs. Try a double whiskey chased with an espresso.

#18 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

I was not being serious on my shrooms dipped in acid post.I am serious on my stance that marijuana and illegal drugs are not something to be messed around with.

#19 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

Ok, I think it was a bit of a primary reaction.
A schoolfriend of mine died as a consequence of drug abuse, so I'm a bit on the sensitive side regarding recreational drugs.
My point of view: don't even start it, you might not survive. You don't even need to be very naive to let something awful happen to you. Like kottke stated also.

I removed the baldness of my post. :)

#20 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

brainbox, do you consider alcohol to be a recreational drug?

#21 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:33 AM

Well, I do not have to much experience myself but my feeling is as follows.

Legally speaking it's not. But that's not always a human measure.

I think it's very hard to become aggressive when using cannabis.
In Holland, we have a problem with alcohol consumption by minors since people abusing alcohol get younger every year and the quantity of alcohol that's consumed increases significantly. Events were minors of 12/13 are admitted to hospital after alcohol abuse are increasing a lot, they sometimes have an alcohol blood level of 1.8 promille.
And we all know the aggressiveness that's often resulting from alcohol intake.

The argument, that was used some time ago that alcohol and cannabis users were different, disjunct group of people is not conform reality anymore and it probably has never been.

So if you look at the effect side of the matter, I think alcohol and soft drugs could be treated equally.

But that's not all, it's not as simple as that in my perception. Alcohol consumption is not always associated with creating a mental, behavioural effect, i.e. to get drunk. I like a good glass of cognac or whiskey when with friends, just for the taste. The primary goal of cannabis usage is always to produce the mental effect, i.e. to get high. So, in comparing these substances, one should also consider the social setting in which it is used. This makes comparing, and eventually concluding that alcohol is a recreational drug, complicated. The same reasoning applies to comparing cannabis usage and smoking of plain cigarettes.

#22 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

This is a fantastic thread, good work! I'm glad Music is getting alot of attention. Listening to Classical music whilst sipping green tea provides me with a most wonderful experience :).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

If you want nootropics to enhance music, I would recommend gotu kola or l-theanine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users