• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what supplement manufacturers do you use?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

I've been using AOR now for a while... Good supplements, plus when I order I get them within 24 hours all the time.

#32 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:18 AM

Now Foods when available. They are GMP. Paradoxally, I consume bulk Piracetam. Yuk! But I plan to change to more trustable stuff.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

So.... LEF isn't the best? It's only "Good"?

Which is the best? Do people agree with ajnastr? Should I order from Gaia then?

#34 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

LEF, AOR, Jarrow, Unique Nutrition, Country Life, and Source Naturals mostly.

• Lurker

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

Anyone purchase from Kirkman? Also are there any brands you recommend that you can purchase from the grocery store? Thanks for your input.

#36 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

So....  LEF isn't the best?  It's only "Good"? 

Which is the best?  Do people agree with ajnastr?  Should I order from Gaia then?

No, LEF is a great company that always manages to match their label claims. Again and again and again, I see people on the web getting fooled over and over and over again because they don't demand evidence. It's all about show, don't tell. :)

"Science is best defined as a careful, disciplined, logical search for knowledge about any and all aspects of the universe, obtained by examination of the best available evidence and always subject to correction and improvement upon discovery of better evidence. What's left is magic. And it doesn't work."
-- James Randi

I would highly recommend purchasing Consumerlab.com's published book. Many companies that get busted trying to sell low quality/fake supplements obviously get pissed off about getting called out...but too bad for them the entire medical industry endorses their life saving work:

More info: here.

Attached Files

• Attached File  img.JPG   155.31KB   0 downloads

#37 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

consumer labs backs supplement companies i wouldnt touch with a 10ft pole... i wouldnt consider them a reliable guide

#38 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

Consumerlabs merely report on results of independent testing from third party labs and does not "back" any supplement company -- please show us some evidence of this "[backing]."

Call them (or maybe you can email) and they can provide you with copies of third party test results.

As I tried to point out here, licensed medical practitioners are aware of their testing protocol and integrity...meanwhile, we Internet forum spectators...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#39 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

I order most of my stuff uncapped from Beyond A Century. I've been extremely happy as a customer. All the products that are supposed to have a noticeable affect, had a noticeable effect (Ginseng, ALA, Alcar, rhodiola, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users