nootrition.com

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 gatty

• 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

hey
New member so go easy :)

On the 24th of last month I email these guys, asked whether they post to .AU, I was assured they do and I ordered some piracetam with my CC - total came to 44 $AUD.

It is now the 15th and still no news, I emailed these guys 5 days ago, no reply, then again yesterday with stil no reply - are these guys reliable, how long should I expect postage to take? I would have thought 2 weeks to be more then enough time?

Just worried i've been ripped... [glasses]

#2 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What I've noticed is that they haven't updated their website news in 2 or 3 weeks but I'm sure there's a reason
(I admit I haven't gotten my own order yet but my shipping address was not complete...).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gatty

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

still nothing, and still no email reply, i am getting quite worried now

#4 simplyplacid

• 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

i ordered on the 3rd some supps. and have heard no word, or recieved anything from them. any idea of what is going on???

#5 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:08 AM

Still no replies here either... but I saw this on the Nootropica-yahoo group. It was posted by Jeff on Wednesday.

"Back in the ofc tomorrow."

#6 bushing

• 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:16 AM

I was one of the original "Nootropica Coop" members, so I've been doing business with Jeff Whitmore (who runs it) for over a year now. At one point in time, he was doing well with customer service -- I ordered (and received) some piracetam, oxiracetam and centrophenoxine -- but at this point he owes me several hundred dollars. He's been promising me for at least 3 months now that he would mail me part of the nefiracetam order he owes me, until he can order more from his supplier. Here was our most recent conversation, posted with permission, on 9/13 (12 days ago). (It's basically the same conversation that I've had every week with him for the past couple of months.)

Jeff : hi
Ben : Hi Jeff. When can I expect to receive my stuff?
Jeff : sorry. you had the nef in powder from a pram prebuy correct and you converted?
Ben : Yes.
Jeff : i am in a place right now where i have a piracetam and anir restock before i can pay the coop guy to send me more bulk nef. so i guess you liked it? i see rizzer is selling it too - incredible.
Ben : I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. You said you were going to send me the capsules you had left, while you waited for the powder to come in. What happened to that?
Jeff : ok so we had this conversation i remember
Jeff : sorry
Ben : a couple of times, yeah. over the past month. It's okay, but I'm getting a bit frustrated at the wait, when I thought we'd worked out a good solution
Ben : are you still going to do that? Send me capsules now, and then bulk powder when you get it in?
Jeff : ben. i'll print this IM out and act on it. a lot of my business is in special orders that take time. I will look again in the mailroom but i remember sending it there, then the employee left.
Ben : Okay. Give me a date.
Ben : Tell me when I can expect to see those capsules, and then stick to it. That's all I ask.
Jeff : well, priority mail sent tommorow so 4-5 days tops
Jeff : i remember it was 2 bottles but i'll double check
Jeff : maybe not 2
Ben : okay. so you *promise* you will send it out tomorrow?
Jeff : yes.
Ben : i think you said 4
Jeff : if you dont get it in a week then I a ni better than Rizzer and you can save this and post to various forums,
Jeff : .
Ben : haha... fair enough.
Ben : Please email the tracking number / delivery confirmation number after you send it tomorrow, okay? It'll make me sleep more easily
Jeff : Okay
Jeff : its hard for me b/c keeping $7/hour workers is... challenging
Ben : Perhaps, but I've been waiting over a year now.
Jeff : ok well everyone gets paid back if need be but thx for the support
Jeff : I went through a difficult move/consolidation/renovation, but my rent went from $2K a month to $250. And that's a good thing.
Ben : I know -- and as I've said on multiple occasions, I know you've taken a lot on, and I know that it would put you in a bind to demand money from you ... so I'm happy to take product

*sigh*

#7 gatty

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

BUMP

still no word, no answer to emails etc

#8 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

Ben, that sucks.

If the reason was lack of money and forgetting smaller customers for a while or something, there should have been a mail about this. He is just making a jerk of himself for not doing it.

The trust is now gone, as far as I'm concerned.

I checked and the time limit to dispute the charge is 60 days under "billing errors". Under "claims and defenses" the time is 1 year.

http://www.findcredi...ails.html?id=18

Edited by poser, 26 September 2006 - 07:52 PM.

#9 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

I had a lot of faith in Jeff, and I was also one of the original "co-op members", for whatever that represents now. He has delivered to me in the past, but since I don't take many nootropics per se anymore, I haven't done business with him in quite a while. I am a little concerned that some rizzer-esqe activity is happening again, and removed myself from that equation. I only buy from AOR, Adam's shop, and airsealed periodicially, but I wouldn't say no to Relentless Improvement.

You've really got to wonder if buying bulk powders and re-packaged stuff is worth this kind of hassle?

#10 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:28 AM

I guess it isn't. The Bio-Oxygen was interesting but maybe he was just pimping it.

#11 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

I guess it isn't. The Bio-Oxygen was interesting but maybe he was just pimping it.

It was, and is, an interesting idea. But looking at it on the chemistry tip, it's highly dubious! [glasses]

#12 gatty

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:56 AM

sent another email, will i ever see the product or my cash again :(

#13 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

It was]

What exactly is dubious?

#14 simplyplacid

• 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

im still lost guys. i dont want to report fraudulent activity to my bank to get my money back. u think i will have to do that, or should i just wait a little more? i really want the supps but if it comes to money...

#15 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

What exactly is dubious?

The whole idea of how biooxygen works is dubious. I'm not a chemist, but everything I read that wasn't just promoting the product had pretty negative things to say about it.

im still lost guys. i dont want to report fraudulent activity to my bank to get my money back. u think i will have to do that, or should i just wait a little more? i really want the supps but if it comes to money...

I know that a lot of people have been waiting a lot longer than a month, and they have gotten their products. But as with Rizzer, you never know when the flow is going to dry up entirely. Try contacting Jeff a few more times, fire off an email saying you will indeed contact the bank if he doesn't set it straight, and then you'll have to do report it. No fun, I know.

#16 gatty

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

i am sick of waiting for this f@cktard, i'm reporting this to my bank

#17 nazcalito

• 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

I called their number and got a "not in service" message. I was one of the original members too and sent in money on a group buy for centrophenoxine, which was supposed to be completed in mid august, but the site still says they are "restocking." If anyone lives in the New York City area, they should pay the office a visit and see if it is still there.

#18 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

The whole idea of how biooxygen works is dubious. I'm not a chemist, but everything I read that wasn't just promoting the product had pretty negative things to say about it.

Hmm... I googled a little a while back and got one (1) fleeting mention from people who had actually tried it and that was positive, though nothing like on Jeff's site. Maybe I should add keywords 'ripoff', 'fraud' etc.

#19 bushing

• 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

Ugh. I think it's been more than a year since I ordered some of the stuff he owes me. Anyone know anything about small-claims court?

Oh, hey, look -- he's hiring!

http://groups.yahoo....NY/message/3805

Ben

#20 poser

• Guest, F@H
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Geez. Maybe he has to keep hiring new workers because he doesn't pay them ...

#21 gatty

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

i emailed him @ yahoo groups, linked to this thread and asked for a refund - no reply

#22 bushing

• 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:52 AM

*bump* Anyone hear any news on this front?

He's stopped even pretending to hold weekly chats. I sent him a letter but he refused to sign for it. :/

#23 coolio

• 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:18 PM

I was stupid enough to buy two 'discount tickets' to a psytrance party from another website he runs called 'machinelf's bazaar' the other week. He finally ended up replying to e-mails I sent him... on the day of the event, while I was already in NYC and had no internet access. Never found anyone at the door who knew who he was or what I was talking about, so I ended up having to buy full price at-the-door tickets. After I got back and complained to him, haven't heard back.

I wish I had thought to search for this thread, because last time I knew anything about him, nobody had any complaints about nootrition (like in the spring).

#24 nazcalito

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

the nootrition.com site's being vandalized and nobody is fixing it. I'd say they're not around.

#25 sja_

• 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:48 PM

I was one of the original members as well. No pram......nothing. Just a few hundred down the drain.

#26 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

I had a feeling this would happen... Even back then it seemed too slick a sequence for some guy to come in to Smi2le.biz and gain reputable praise for "fixing" "his" screwups and then go on to open his own co-op. I would recommend not going cheap on these supps....and all the implications from that statement relating to common sense I'm not in the mood to make...buyer beware...seems to good to be true, it is...walks, quacks, is a duck... ok, I said it all anyways. Sleepy Talk: the great leveler.

#27 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

Oh, has anyone ever thought of contacting the guy that filmed the Smil2e guy...that video on Youtube? You could find out what street that was and then we could see if anyone would like to make a visit to his "office". I live far, far away from NYC and I'm poor so I have no intention of doing anything myself...but I wouldn't be averse to anyone with a similar bias to rain down a shit storm of proclivities upon the bastard.

#28 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

I heard the guy who founded sm2le died recently. It may be a cover story to throw his creditors off the track, I don't know.

#29 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

I also just got that email. I hate making long quotes, but this could be of interest to everyone involved with that particular jackass.

I just arrived back for the holidays and received this sad note about the
former owner of Smi2le who had gone on to start Lenutri.com. I heard from a
former fellow employee that it was an overdose of deprenyl; I know that he
had mixed this with cocaine and used it in a sniffer bottle when things
turned violent mylast day there.

He was mad, he was crazy, he was a genius in certain ways. I always loved
him even through the crazy times. I had no idea of the amount of time and
money that it would require to build a compliant business. He led the way.
I am resolved, now that our period of financial straits have crossed the
halfway mark, to see this through in his honor.

Dear Friends and Lovers:

Our Friend Mike has passed on to the next life, if you feel you were close
enough to this man, then please come and pay respect to him this Friday:

10:00 am

@ St Jospephs Church - 51 Broad Street, Woodstown, NJ, 08098

-God Rest His Soul-

Cheers,

Jeff Whitmore

Managing Partner

Nootropica LLC

301 Beverley Road Ofc PR4

Brooklyn, NY 11218

(347) 404-5804

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

I just received an email from him and he said that he is still in business but has experienced some growing pains in his business. I am holding off on my order for now as I am not convinced personally. I really wanted to get some bulk Oxiracetam for my personal post Christmas present to myself but will just wait a little until I am pretty sure he is delivering on time to people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users