Photo
- - - - -

Marijuana and Acetylcholine Supplements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Four_Aces

• 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

Since pot supresses acetylcholine receptors in the brain, it can inhibit memory funtioning.

If one were to supplement with very high sources of choline -- beef liver, egg yolks, salmon, etc -- would one see a reversal of marijuana's damaging effects on memory?

#2 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

I always thought marijuana increased acetylcholine?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Four_Aces

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

apparently not. the loss of short term memory when one is high is ascribed to:

"Cannabinoid agonists inhibit release of several neurotransmitters: acetylcholine from the hippocampus, norepinephrine from human and guinea pig (but not rat or mouse) hippocampal slices, and glutamate in cultured hippocampal cells. Cholinergic and noradrenergic neurons project into the hippocampus, but circuits within the hippocampus are glutamatergic. Thus, cannabinoids could block transmission both into and within the hippocampus by blocking presynaptic neurotransmitter release."

HOWEVER - it is true that pot increases activity in other areas of the brain.

I ask this question because I notice a difference in memory funtion when I'm high and taking GCP Choline/liver/eggs. I would like confirmation of this by others.

#4 Four_Aces

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:30 PM

Confusingly though, in animal studies, THC prevent memory decline. They postulate that THC contains the a prevention for Alzheimer's.

check it out: http://www.scienceda...50224111638.htm

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 jerebaldo1

• 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

A combination of 8mg of Galantamine and pot helps me to function better while very blazed. It's enough so that I'm not constantly losing track of things or plotlines in movies :-). Choline causes me derpession and agitation each and every time. For those of you who can tolerate it, I can imagine it would work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users