Photo
- - - - -

Help choosing stack.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imoralityisnear

• 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:36 PM

Hello, I am currently taking only 'Eye-q' fish oil tablets and ginkgo biloba, and I was wondering how I go about choosing between the many nootropics available. What should I look for in a stack, and how do I decide which nootrpoics are best for me?

#2 mewild

• 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

Try reading some books/articles. The Edge Effect is a good book to start. There are some books out there about Smart Drugs but can't comment on them...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brutale

• 62 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

I would advocate proceeding with two principles in mind: (1) add supplements one (or two) at a time (so you can sort out effects/side effects) and (2) stick with supplements and drugs that are known to be relatively safe before trying more exotic stuff.

Here is a reasonable and basic plan:
-- start with a good multi-nutrient formula (Orthocore or LEF Mix) and EPA/DHA supplements (Twinlab Mega Twin is good. 2-3g of EPA+DHA is a reasonable amount)
-- then try acetyl-l-carnitine + alpha lipoic acid. You can get fancy and take the ALA separately a half-hour before, but to keep things simple, why not try Juvenon or Source Naturals combo twice a day.
-- then introduce a cholinergic: alpha GPC or CDP choline (I believe ashwaghanda is a mild acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. So, taking ashwanghanda with the choline source might be worthwhile)
-- then introduce piracetam
-- then introduce hydergine or nicergoline or vinpocetine
-- then consider rhodiola

That would seem to be a pretty good foundation. Then you could experiment with things like Bacopa, different racetams, and so forth. Also, doing some moderate aerobic exercise will help cognition.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:35 AM

Diet is a huge thing to consider. You need to build a stack on top of a balanced diet - no sense is putting so much time and money into researching and buying quality supplements if you're just scarfing greasy harmburgers or whatever (not that I'm suggesting you are).

I've never heard of Eye-q before, but I take a molecularly distilled fish oil (nutrasea) for the best potencty and least contamination. If it is, then you're on a good start. A multi is certainly the staple thing you need, I take ortho-core myself.

Read through the old Imminst posts!! There is a wealth of information to scrub over. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users