Photo
- - - - -

Himalayan salt?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boily

• 171 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

Anyone know much about Himalayan salt? I have been using it for about 2 years. Like the taste of it!

#2 Four_Aces

• 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

i have heard it's the "best" salt in the world. i'll have to buy it sometime.

what's the taste like, compared to sea salt?

i definately noticed a difference when i stopped using table salt and switched over to sea salt. table salt is disgusting!

#3 boily

• Topic Starter
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

what's the taste like, compared to sea salt?

Not sure what sea salt tastes like, as I've never tried it.

It definately tastes different to table salt, sort of smooth....
I use a pinch when I eat eggs, or tomato on toast, really enhances the flavor!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 boily

• Topic Starter
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Here's a bit of info on Himalayan salt:

http://www.bionatura...sectionID=3928#

Pure Himalayan Crystal Salt

84 pure, non-synthetic trace minerals
Balance pH levels
250 million years old
Life came from the sea - a mix of water, salt minerals and the sun’s energy. 250 million years ago, a large Himalayan salt lake evaporated and was protected by geology under the earth in its pristine, pre-pollution state. For centuries, this Himalayan crystal salt with its energy and nutrients was used by doctors for healing. It was administered to royalty internally and externally and was more valuable than gold
The body needs salt as much as it needs water. Todays refined common salt is an industrial by-product where all minerals except aggressive sodium and chloride are stripped out as contaminants. Himalyan Salt is unrefined, unpolluted and uncontaminated. It has 84 trace minerals in the same proportions as found in the body and the sea. Salt’s important function is regulating blood pressure, volume and flexibility of blood vessels and the alkaline-acid balance. Salt is also important to regulate fluid pressure (osmosis) in the body to protect against excessive water and nutrient losses.
A 70kg adult needs around 450g of pure salt in their system at any one time to function properly. To restore salt levels lost through the day, up to one gram daily of Himalayan Salt in food or water is sufficient. Most people consume 12 - 20g of harmful, chemically-treated common salt in their daily diets. Much of this is hidden in cakes, bread, processed and tinned foods and drinks as a flavour enhancer. Kidneys can only process up to 5 - 7g of salt daily. The excess is deposited as toxic residue which leads to hardening of the arteries. Himalyan Salt works to loosen these deposits and expel them from the body while flooding the body’s system with rich nutrients.
For every gram of sodium chloride (highly refined common salt) it cannot remove, the body uses 23 times more cell water than usual to neutralize this salt. Aferwards, some cells are left flooded while others become dehydrated and weak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users