Photo
- - - - -

Stimulant

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hi guys. I'm going to have a lot on lately, so I really need to keep those days where im too tired and lazy to do anything down to a minimum. I need a good stimulant to give me the get up and go needed to make my day time more productive. I have heard good things about modafinil, but its remarkably expensive. In your opinion is the expense justified or are there better alternatives. I have given caffeine a go but it isn't always the best solution I find. Sometimes it kicks me in the ass and other times it boots me in the face :S

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

try amp by ergopharm, you will be shocked.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:51 AM

try amp by ergopharm, you will be shocked.

did nothing for me?

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:41 AM

did nothing for me?

Seriously? Amp is unlike any other OTC substance that I've found. Amp combined with some other stuff just gets ridiculous.

#5 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:10 AM

What exactly IS amp -- you mean some sorta cAMP increaser? Use Forskolli.

#6 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:35 AM

AMP mix chocamine with a not well known stimulant: methylhexaneamine. This stimulant is what ergopharm call "Geranamine". I'm wondering if this product will be removed from the market now that we know what geranamine is. I ordered some to try it but considering that so little is known about methylhexaneamine, I recommand to be cautious with this stuff.

http://www.washingto...0700913_pf.html

http://www.ergopharm...roducts_amp.php

#7 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:35 PM

[quote]
did nothing for me?[/quote]

Seriously? Amp is unlike any other OTC substance that I've found. Amp combined with some other stuff just gets ridiculous.[/quote]

yup, did nothing.

i get more stimulation from a cup of coffee.

caffeine & chocamine by themselves both work great for me... the stimulation and motivation i got from chocamine was OBSCENE...and when combined with caffeine it gave me euphoria equivalent to a small dose of mdma. but the crash was SO BAD everytime i did it, that i ended up throwing 3/4 of it in the garbage.

#8 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Hi guys. I'm going to have a lot on lately, so I really need to keep those days where im too tired and lazy to do anything down to a minimum. I need a good stimulant to give me the get up and go needed to make my day time more productive. I have heard good things about modafinil, but its remarkably expensive. In your opinion is the expense justified or are there better alternatives. I have given caffeine a go but it isn't always the best solution I find. Sometimes it kicks me in the ass and other times it boots me in the face :S

Hey Ed...

Through online pharmacies (more questionable) Provigil (modafinil) is about $1 a pill these days.

This is among the best topics on Provigil (modafinil).

However, the only reason Provigil is classified a stimulant is due to its clinical profile -- the drug does not arouse the CNS (the Central nervous system) -- in other words, Provigil (modafinil) does not increase heart rate or raise blood pressure -- unlike like "traditional" stimulants such as amphetamine or caffeine.

If you haven't tried it yet, I might consider giving it a shot if you don't have any pre existing health conditions. Alternatively, for a bit cheaper (with different risks), I guess you could try Adrafinil.

#9 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

I dont respond do caffeine, but AMP worked great for me. Definitely not something to take everyday or you would get used to.

#10 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

However, the only reason Provigil is classified a stimulant is due to its clinical profile -- the drug does not arouse the CNS (the Central nervous system) -- in other words, Provigil (modafinil) does not increase heart rate or raise blood pressure -- unlike like "traditional" stimulants such as amphetamine or caffeine.

Hmm first of all the brain's part of the CNS and modafinil does arouse the brain, thus it is CNS activating substance. Also I've read about possible heart and pulse rate increase warnings on modafinil. I personally also have felt that it does slightly increase my pulse (from 60 to 70 in resting state, measured it once), however much less than did methylphenidate do that. I suspect its peripheral effects are rather indirect (not like amphetamines) and depend on other psychological factors.

#11 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

And to back up my words:

Modafinil elicits sympathomedullary activation.Taneja I, Diedrich A, Black BK, Byrne DW, Paranjape SY, Robertson D.
Autonomic Dysfunction Center, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn 37232-2195, USA.

The autonomic effects of modafinil (Provigil), a psychostimulant widely used to attenuate fatigue and promote wakefulness, are currently unexplored. We assessed the effect of modafinil on autonomic nervous system. We compared oral modafinil (400 mgx1) versus placebo in 12 healthy hospitalized normal subjects in a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study for 3 days each with subjects in 150 mEq sodium, 70 mEq potassium balance at the Vanderbilt General Clinical Research Center. Modafinil increased resting heart rate (9.2+/-2.0 bpm; mean [+/-SE]; 95% confidence interval [CI], 4.7 to 13.6; P=0.001), resting systolic blood pressure (7.3+/-3.2 mm Hg; 95% CI, 0.2 to 14.4; P=0.044), and resting diastolic blood pressure (5.3+/-1.7 mm Hg; 95% CI, 1.4 to 9.1 mm Hg; P<0.012). Modafinil elicited a 42% higher orthostatic increase in plasma norepinephrine (0.8+/-0.3 nmol/L; 95% CI, 0.2 to 1.3; P=0.01), and caused a 33% increase in urine norepinephrine (5.1+/-1.1 nmol/L creatinine per day; 95% CI, 2.7 to 7.4, P=0.001), and an 81% increase in urine epinephrine (1.3+/-0.2 nmol/L creatinine per day; 95% CI, 1 to 2; P<0.001). The peroneal microneurographic sympathetic activity was attenuated by modafinil during orthostatic tilt (P<0.001). alpha1-Adrenoreceptor function was maintained. Modafinil substantially perturbs autonomic cardiovascular regulation by increase in heart rate and blood pressure. Autonomic changes of this magnitude encourage caution in use of modafinil in patients with cardiovascular disease.

PMID: 15753235 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#12 boily

• 171 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

Brainquicken has worked very well for myself, 3 caps(different people do better on amounts between 1 and 4). Really increases productivity and speed. Good for playing poker, or table tennis, or anything! No after effects, works within 20 mins, lasts for hours.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:31 AM

Hmm first of all the brain's part of the CNS and modafinil does arouse the brain, thus it is CNS activating substance. Also I've read about possible heart and pulse rate increase warnings on modafinil. I personally also have felt that it does slightly increase my pulse (from 60 to 70 in resting state, measured it once), however much less than did methylphenidate do that. I suspect its peripheral effects are rather indirect (not like amphetamines) and depend on other psychological factors.

Ah, ikaros, I hit this up here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users