• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

The Pope issues warnings

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

I think we can officially declare this thread dead.

#32 Lazarus Long

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:35 PM

I think we can officially declare this thread dead.

Why maestro?

Has the Pope changed his position in relation to science?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:33 PM

Don't mind me, either!

I hope the Pope remembers that, if Icarus hadn't flown at all, he'd still be imprisoned in a tower on Crete.

Yay first post!

#34 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

Nice find, modelcadet, I seem to have missed this topic the first time around. Fascinating read.

#35 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

The Pope is an anachronism. And worse, he is an advocate of keeping humanity enslaved with the chains of ignorance and dogma. He doesn't want us to fly, to realize our potential and break free of the superstitions of our past. An ignorant populace is easier to manipulate and control.

#36 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image

Need I say more?

#37 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

Oh wow....just....wow

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:47 AM

"Contemporary life gives pride of place to an artificial intelligence ever more enslaved to experimental tecnhiques, thereby forgetting that all science should safeguard mankind and promote his tendency to authentic goodness," the Pope said.

Artificial Intelligence? This sounds like it was written by racter.

#39 immortalbeing

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:39 AM

here here Basho

#40 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:52 AM

I wonder how I missed this thread the first time around... after reading the posts here I have come to the conclusion that almost all of my thoughts have been expressed at least once... except one. Since the Pope insists on making statements that seem as if they can almost rival that of a third-grader... I have only one thing to say: I think the Pope is a Poo-Poo Head!!!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#41 apocalypse

• 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

Foolish Pope, man is in the process of discovering or should I say rediscovering God. Matter and energy are but aspects of information, and information or ideas can never be created nor destroyed. Existence revolves around the basic ideal truths, perfect democracy, perfect resource distribution, everything is in the public domain. It is our society's primitive local man upheld laws that cause all the unnecessary suffering in this here world.

When we take what we've learned and give birth to a new race, it will be a race of Gods, the posthuman condition, the ideal condition, a world in the presence of God a being that can alter all probabilities past, present and future, the collective vote of all that is, man will have awakened what he longed for the most, man will have awakened God or the Alpha and the Omega.

As the church has in the past it will again, stand in the way of progress. But it shall fail, man's now too close, on the verge of the greatest era of scientific discovery, either we will succeed or we will die trying. It is our destiny to try, and I hope that it is our destiny to succeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users