Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Wooo hoooo! NICE [:o] [thumb]

Just don't harm yourself

-Infernity

#32 tracer

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:05 AM

Ah, porthose - a fellow Pavel disciple. Throw in the word "comerade" a few times and you would be indistinguishable. Good man!

One thing - you left out Pavel's "contract the anus" technicque - it is actually most beneficial, both for preventing haemorrhoids and developing greater powr.

#33 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

My training partner and I are always noticing how few people do lower body lifts.  Practically everyone does upper body, like 90% of the time.  And yet the most benefit is had from lower body lifts -- even bicep growth.  We both have concluded this is because [1] lower body lifts are actually hard work, and [2] most men think a big chest and biceps attract the most girls.  (Just hide the bird legs under jeans!)

Hey bro: I jog 2 miles almost every single day, so my legs get something from that -- I don't think I have "bird legs." I happily wear shorts out here in Cali California...almost every day too. :)

And it's not like the ladies ever check out my legs (maybe they do when I am not looking [huh] ) ...however, I am going to start working out my legs pretty soon to get them all buffed out like my upper body; I've gotten used to my current routine and I like it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 porthose

• 107 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

Ah, porthose - a fellow Pavel disciple.  Throw in the word "comerade" a few times and you would be indistinguishable.  Good man!

One thing - you left out Pavel's "contract the anus" technicque  - it is actually most beneficial, both for preventing haemorrhoids and developing greater powr.

Hello Comrades!!! [lol] What a catch phrase!

your right: i forgot about the "contract the fricken anus" technique. tuck your tail under, maximize tension while exhaling under that tension with your mouth only just slightly open, allowing the breath to escape. you should be making a loud hissing noise as the air escapes.

tracer, my apologies to you, i forgot to mention great lift, man! actually, would you be able to post what your training routine consists of and how long it took you to build to the lift?

my training: Mondays, Weds, Saturdays comprise of pure strength sessions: 1 leg dead lifts off the blocks 3-5 sets x 3-5 reps 100kg, pull ups with 20kg strapped to body 3-5 sets x 3-5 reps, clean and push press 3-5s x 3-5r 40kg left and right arm and kneeling wheel roll outs down a decline, again 3-5 x 3-5reps.

On tues, and thursdays I do explosive power training consisting nothing more of heavy repetition snatches 32-40kg, heavy rep power cleans 80kg and heavy sledge hammer (14lb) strikes on a tyre.

my stats: weigh around 77kg, am 178cm tall. take nootropics, nutriceuticals + longevinex resveratrol for nearly a year and do brainwave entrainment using Transparent Corps Nueroprogrammer 2. Its a great time to be alive!

#35 tracer

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

Hmmm... well my training is a little wierd. I borrow from many schools of powerlifting, most notably Westside.

Lets see... Monday is Max-efford lower body (squat or deadlift). At the moment I open up with 3rep sets with 75% of my last tested max with no belt. Generally knock off 6-12 sets depending on how I feel and how much I can afford to be sore that week. Then I use a thing called a Bosu Trainer to do a variation on natural glute-ham raises, 5 sets of 5 emphasising the excentric. Then I do reverse hyperextensions without weights, and throw in some calf work.

Thursday morning is lower body assistance and functional training. Generally it's dynamic/ballistic effort work based on olympic lifts (right now I clean-and-jerk singles with 35-50% of my last tested max - about 10-15 of those, followed by reverse pressing lunges, bulgarian squats and to top it off, an overhead squat for reps. Generally I throw some power ab-work in here (barbell across the chest, crunches on a Bosu Trainer for 6-8 sets of 3 reps).

After my back injury, I was basically training like a bodybuilder (advancing my 10RM)... from a whopping 60kg to a current 120kg. But then I lie on the floor and pass out. And that's what I'm doing at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users