- - - - -

Resveratrol Questionnaire

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 9brandon

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hello,

I'm a freelance journalist writing a feature on resveratrol for Wired News. Other publications have covered the science already; I'm more interested in the experiences and hopes of people taking the compound. I've already talked to a few people from the forums (thanks, all!) and thought I'd post this questionnaire to see what patterns (or anomalies) emerge from a larger sample size; if you have a few minutes and would like to respond, fire away. Feel free to write as much or as little as you'd like, and to respond either via email or by posting. Thanks for your time,

Sincerely,

Brandon Keim

. Brandon Keim
. Freelance Writer
. e brandon@earthlab.net
. c 617.233.5346

1. What is your age, gender, occupation and location?

2. When did you start taking resveratrol?

3. How do you decide upon your dose?

4. Do you practice other life-extension techniques?

5. What do you hope to gain from resveratrol?

6. Since you started taking resveratrol and/or pursuing a life-extending lifestyle...

a. Have you found yourself taking more risks? Fewer?

b. Making longer-term plans than you might have before? For example, investment strategies, contemplating new careers or learning new skills, and so on.

c. Seeing people who don't take resveratrol or pursue life-extending lifestyles in a different light?

7. How confident are you in the safety of what you're taking -- both the safety of resveratrol, and of other ingredients (or contaminants) in the supplement?

8. If human studies showed that resveratrol did have similar effects in humans as it has in other animals, but also carried much-increased risk of some serious health problems, would you continue to take resveratrol?

#2 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

I think this should be moved to supplements.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jmdraft

• 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

Howdy,

Ifm probably in the wrong place. I never understand blogs.

Does anybody know the best source of Resveratrol?

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

<Original message was posted on the CR Section. Edited when post was moved to Supplement forum section>

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 09 April 2007 - 08:44 PM.

#5 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

The article in question already has been published to wired online a while ago. (plus i was beeing misquoted :-) )

#6 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

OK, so why is this here (or why isn't the article linked and this made a "sticky" type thread or whatnot?)

#7 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

http://www.imminst.o...hl=200 years&s=

#8 Agarikon

• 45 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

It would be nice to hear some people answer those questions on this board. especially number 7

#9 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

#7. I feel the majority of t-resveratrol supplements used by members of this forum are relatively safe (nothing is absolute, and security is an illusion, of course.) This includes products by mainstream supplement producers (e.g. NOW Foods, Country Life, NSI, Jarrow, etc.) and products from smaller, lesser know suppliers with, apparently, a focus on quality and purity (e.g. RevGenetics). Other sources, specifically assayed (Orchid synthetic 99%+ purity t-resv., high purity extracts privately negotiated and assayed), also appear to be relatively safe.

t-resv. qua supplement for humans remains, especially for the long term, a black box...but, the potential upside, and, thus far, relative paucity of reported adverse effects, favors it, at least in my view.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

7. How confident are you in the safety of what you're taking -- both the safety of resveratrol, and of other ingredients (or contaminants) in the supplement?

Answer:
I take RevGenetics supplements, I am very confident in the Resveratrol powder we buy to make these capsules. I didn't start it as a business, I started taking resveratrol for myself, finding various providers of powder and having it tested. It later became a business when we started filling capsules with 1000mg of powder at 50% purity.

To this day I continue to take 2 grams a day of our own product. Then again, I have a benefit that most other folks here don't have. I have seen what a bad batch looks like, smells like, and tested.... then rejected it. It was never encapsulated, and we took a loss on it.

The bad batch of powder I have seen actually had some small black glassy lava rock pieces in it (where the heck did that come from, I have no idea), and simply did not conform to FDA guidelines on heavy metals when tested.

BTW, it was bought from a U.S. supplier of mine... so be careful.
The good news is that this supplier has stopped getting their stuff from the bad source. The other good news is that we have at least a few suppliers that are great providers of Resveratrol powder.

So am I confident about the Resveratrol I take? Yes, very confident, but then again, I know the process that it goes through before it gets encapsulated.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users