Photo
- - - - -

Resveratrol program

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:12 AM

At approximately 10 mg/kg/day, after switching from all plant extract versions of resveratrol (50% purity) to a mix of approximately 1/2 from high purity synthetic and 1/2 from extracts, I've noted decreased emodin effects, predominantly.

#32 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

I am 70 years old, 5 feet 10, 210 + lbs. I have lived immoderately, some would say recklessly. I am more muscular than most men my age, due to continuing workouts and a vigorous outdoor life in quest of The Great Adrenaline Rush. Due to old ski injuries, my knees are in bad shape.

I started taking resveratrol about 2 1/2 months ago and quickly worked up to 500mg per day.

Dietary Effects:

I've been a heavy drinker of red wine for most of my adult life. With resveratrol I've lost most of my desire for alcohol. Now I never have the feeling of "needing a drink". But I still enjoy a glass of good Cab and am content with two 5 oz glasses at dinner.

I've also been a heavy drinker of milk, usually drinking a couple of gallons of skim milk per week. I have lost all desire for milk and no longer drink any.

Though I still enjoy good food and eat with relish, I eat less and with more satisfaction. The desire to go back for seconds or thirds is gone.

Physical effects:

More energy. There has been no effect on my weight training. My aerobic training has become easy and enjoyable. I haven't had occasion to weigh myself but I feel lighter on my feet. My balance has improved. There has been no effect on my knees.

Emotional Effects:

Better mood. More willingness to do things.

Effects on Aging:

I've been in a period of accelerating aging for the last several years, heading toward old fartism.
Subjectively, the present feeling, with resveratrol, is that some reversal in aging has occurred. I no longer find it difficult to get up and go, to get out of the house and do things, to expend significant amounts of energy.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 laura

• 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

I have started resevratrol (Resvida), 200 mg/per day (120 lb/ 5.5 foot tall). I am actually a scientist and study resveratrol in cancer.

A recent study, (the first conducted in humans and published in the journal Cell Metabolism) suggests that 150 mg/day in obese individuals is sufficient to reproduce effects similar to restriction of calories.

I can say for a fact that the source of resevratrol is key. Many of these over the counter products do not contain a pure and bio-available source of trans-resveratrol, which is the best characterized in all animal studies. Resveratrol is rapidly metabolized to inactive products and only a small fraction can be detected in the blood.

Therefore, for those who have not seen any effect, double check your source, you may want to buy a more expensive product, but more reliable.Certainly DO NOT trust any product that advertises for a high dose (above 200 mg) in one pill. I think that this amount is pretty much limiting for pure resveratrol in one single pill. The lower the dosage, the more reliable the source. The one I am taking (the same published in Cell Metabolism) is 100 mg/pill and it is quite expensive.

The most remarkable results that I have noticed on myself in less than a month are:
1. Increase in energy level
2..Sharpness and ability to concentrate have increased 100%
3. I sleep more without interruptions, and DREAM like I had forgotten it was even possible. I also remember my dreams as I had not done in years. That is why I found this forum, I was not aware that resveratrol could affect the quality of sleep.
4. Much less craving for food of any type, and particularly sugar.
5. I have lost about 2 Kg (4+ pounds) and I did not mean to, I am already thin. I don't think that I eat less though, I have always had a very balanced diet.

We will have to run this post for 30 years or so, to see whether there is any effect on longevity.

I obviously believe in it, in fact I have tried to produce chemically modified analogs of resveratrol with improved biological activity. No success so far, and may be there is no need to do this, given that low doses may be as affective as the original high doses described in the studies in mice.

cheers
  • like x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users