Photo
- - - - -

Argh Cold

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

Got a cold coming over me, felt it today at first. Heaviness in the head, blocked up nose, sneezing and weak muscles. I wouldnt normally care except ive an exam on the 11th and one on the 19th and I need all the time to prepare.

Im currently taking 2g of vitamin C every 4 hours. Mug of green tea every hour. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

green tea man... drinking as much green tea as i can stomach ALWAYS gets rid of whatever i have. it works so well that i dont take much else when i get sick...

use a good quality green tea... better quality = more catechins

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

In the case of timed release vitamin c (useful for spending all day in the library) how often would you take it and how much would you take.

I dont want to end up taking too much and constantly being in a state of bowel intolerance (nightmare!) or taking too little and not getting max benefit.

Im thinking of getting some from holland and barrett (i know, dirt) because its short notice and Im not exactly mr affluent right now. It says it contains seeds? wtf lol

#4 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Lots of resveratrol

#5 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

Ok guys, unfortunately after having spent 48 hours without sleep revising for an exam, my cold appears to have pretty much gone and in place of it I have what appears to be a nasty bacterial infection. :( Phlegm producing cough, extreme tiredness etc....
Im currently taking erythromycin at two 500mg doses daily. I am allergic to penicillin so cannot take it. Im also taking green tea capsules and 4g of time release vitamin c daily. Anyone who can suggest anything else thatll help me be in form asap (exam on friday which im yet to study for!) greatly appreciated!

#6 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

coconut oil (extra virgin). Tablespoon of that a few times a day

Olive leaf extract

they are anti viral, anti bacterial, anti all the nasties really.

Also try some MSM

Edited by shifter, 13 January 2007 - 08:45 PM.

#7 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

Urine Therapy ;)//...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

Olive leaf does seem to have strong anti-bacterial effect.

Just be sure to take some kind of probiotic after the erythromycin as it seems to kill the good flora in your digestive tract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users