Photo
- - - - -

Mangosteen extract for inflammation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Anyone using Mangosteen extract (mangostin)?

My mother in-law swears by the juice xango. It is hard to tell how much actual mangosteen juice it has because it is a proprietary blend (and also extremely expensive!) In any case she claims it has improved her should pain that comes back if she stops taking it, and she sleeps better, gets sick less, works miracles for her and her friends etc. There seems to be very minimal scientific evidence to support any claims.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

There's a lot of buzz around mangosteen lately. Apparently Xango is multi level marketed (or whatever "MLM" stands for...); The Xango people seem to be heavy on the motivational speaker type jargon. Some lady at my gym is selling it. Xango is crazy expensive, for a bottle of juice. Other people charge less; I've even seen it at Costco. I was curious, so I did a Medline search on "mangosteen mangostin" and got 11 hits, mostly recent. It looks like it has anti-inflamatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties, as well as some anti cancer properties. On the antiinflamatory front, it seems to be a decent inhibitor of PGE2 release and of both COX1 and COX2.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users