Photo
- - - - -

Would getting an MRI help?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 collegeboy21

• 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

I had an MRI roughly 8 months ago. I'm thinking of getting another one in a few months just to see if there are any "changes" to my brain due to my nootropic regimen. Currently taking Aniracetam at 750mg and Centrophenoxine at 250mg. Will be adding Idebenone in a week. Think this is a good idea?

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

How long have you been taking these noots for? If you've been taking them religiously for 8 months solid, maybe. Just for curiosity's sake? ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 collegeboy21

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:38 AM

a week and a half! ;) (first time) but im probably going to get an mri around june or july but ill them religiously. I'm adding them one by one so I can gauge how each makes me feel. Ill post the scans by then. (looong wait eh?) That way ill have a bunch of strangers stare at pictures of my single celled brain. lol.

#4 collegeboy21

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

and yep for curiosities sake! what else!? may be ill stick in some electrodes too for kicks hahaha! ;)

#5 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

a week and a half! ;) (first time) but im probably going to get an mri around june or july but ill them religiously. I'm adding them one by one so I can gauge how each makes me feel. Ill post the scans by then. (looong wait eh?)

Yeah, I'd wait a number of months if you want to have any chance of seeing any kind of difference - I honestly don't know if you'll see/hear about any.

That way ill have a bunch of strangers stare at pictures of my single celled brain. lol.

LOL! [thumb]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 ~ prometheus ~

• 66 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

also... MRIs image brain structure... maybe what you're after is an fMRI, imaging functional changes to your brain. surely the effects of nootropics are largely functional, and would therefore require an fMRI?

if this is the case, you'd need a baseline scan... maybe doing some cognitive task. that would be pretty interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users