• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Why I Don't Respond

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Casanova

• 93 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:46 PM

I was invited to join this website, by Mr. Klein;
the real Mr. Klein, for the benefit of those of you who have seen the film, "Mr. Klein", and not by a clone, or Twilight Zone duplicate, of the Mr. Klein.

I explained to Klein, that I was retiring from all Internet Forum debates, due to the flamewar trouble created by many of my posts, which express my digust with most of what calls itself civilization these days.
Klein liked by teeth gnashing response to Robert Freitas's essay, "Death is an Outrage", so he said that he would be interested in what I had to say on these Forums.
I capitulated, and joined this website.

Being an invited member, I don't feel it is proper to fan the flames, or to get snotty, in the manner of upanistim.
I'm weary of all the silly attacks, and abuses, that goes on over the Internet Forums.
My style now is to throw out a rant, and let all of you squabble over it, or even ignore it.

No doubt some of you feel that I am not contributing anything of value.
Ask Klein about my contributions in the area of visually explaining medical nanotech to the public.

I am a big fan of science, and technology, but I am not an unquestioning fan, and I know that science, and technology are not without their own hidden agendas, and ideologies. Science, and technology, are not neutral.
And finally, science and technology, without Spirituality and depth psychology to give them a heart and to give them meaning and purpose, turn malign.

So I am not anti-science, or anti-technology; I am anti atheist-science, and technology.

So, apologies to those of you who have felt snubbed, by my not responding.

Edited by Casanova, 12 July 2003 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 02:21 AM

Casanova,

Thanks again for taking the time to join us. You should feel free to respond or ignore as you please. On the whole the ideas you present and the problems you raise are of benefit to us all. And I'd hope our answers are of help to you as well. While not every post of yours is of exceptional quality, the majority hold importance if not simply because they require us us to reach farther and temper our understanding.

#3 Utnapishtim

• 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:29 AM

I don't feel it is proper to fan the flames, or to get snotty, in the manner of upanistim.

Now that is funny. Every single post you make to the forums is designed to agitate. Since coming here, all you have done is try to get a reaction. I understand that you prefer to make aggressive assertions and not to sully yourself with actually having to engage in a dialogue.

I challenge you to find one example of me being snooty. Go on. Ohh...! I forgot. Actually responding is beneath you. How impudent of me to expect you to lower yourself to participating in a meaningful exchange of ideas with folk such as us.

In the past I have taken time out to fully address your arguments, only to see you start yet another thread making the same tired points I have already dismantled.

From our perspective what is the point of talking to you or eevn acknowledging your posts since we know you will not respond? Don't give me any of that 'I don't want to fan the flames' crap. Your posts are clearly designed to provoke, to get a reaction.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 MichaelAnissimov

• 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:09 PM

Thankfully, relative to the average for internet forums, ours is *insanely* peaceful and cooperative. ;)

#5 hughbristic

• Guest Hugh Bristic
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:37 AM

Ditto Utnapishtim.

Hugh

#6 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:48 AM

Ditto your ditto Hugh.

Kissinger

#7 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 08:16 AM

Thankfully, relative to the average for internet forums, ours is *insanely* peaceful and cooperative.  :)

For the life of me, I can't seem to find more Casanovas to remedy this dilemma. ;) Strangely or maybe logically, there's a dearth of *intelligent* techno naysayers.

#8 MichaelAnissimov

• 905 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:16 PM

There has to be some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users