Photo
- - - - -

When was the last time you got sick?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tothepoint

• 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

I haven't been sick in a month since I stopped eating processed foods and shifted to more natural (and healthy) alternatives. My whole family is sick besides me and I believe that my diet and supplements are keeping me above par in terms of immunity.

Some supps that I'm taking:
Multi vitamin
Green Tea Extract (with lunch)
NAC (with last meal)
ZMA (an hour before bed on workout days)
and some antioxidants

How about you?

#2 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

Chlorella
Spirilina
Wheat Grass
Barley Grass
Maca (non irradiated)
MSM
Natural Calcium (from sea vegetable, NOT dead coral)
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Fish oil (enteric coated so is only released in the intestine, not the stomach)
Co-Q10 in a phosphate base (and naturally fermented which takes 9 months, not extracted from tobacco leaves)
EnZogenol (new zeland pine bark extract)
Tribulus
Coconut oil
and a few other formulations that have multiple things of herbs/antioxidants. I dont take those everyday however

Extracts of
Goji
Acai
Mangosteen
Noni
Blueberry
Rasberry (40% ellagic acid)

On order:
Rhodiola Rosea
Melatonin
Vitamin D3
Benfotiamine

Teas: (not all in the same day)
Green tea
White tea
'detox' tea (has ginger amongst a few other things)
Chai tea
'Rajas cup' (has clearing nut, winter cherry, Kasmard, Licorice)
Yerba Mate

Snack on dried goji berries
Avoid as many junk and processed foods as possible
Avoid fruit juice
cut WAY down on grains

all I can think of at the moment

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chubtoad

• Life Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

Briefly May last year after not getting enough sleep for a few weeks and a year before that.
Sups: multi, fish oil, protein, green tea
Diet: many vegitables, chicken, raw seafood, nuts, 1 cup blueberries every day.

#4 boily

• 171 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:04 AM

Haven't had a day sick in at least 5 months, since drinking green/white tea(10 cups) and 8-10 grams of vitamin C daily. I also take a bunch of other supplements- spirulina, chlorella, WPI, fish oil, multi, etc

#5 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:45 AM

I've only been sick once in about 3 years. I credit my current stack with at least part of my immunity. Along with my many methods of stress reduction [sfty]

#6 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

A couple weeks ago. First time I've had the flu in years. Next year, I'm going for a vacination no matter how short on time I am.

#7 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:26 PM

2 years ago, about this time of the year. Catched the flu from a lover.
Since then I strenghtened on immune supportive supplements.

#8 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:06 AM

Haven't been sick in 3 years thanks to my supplement regimen despite being in close contact with people who are seemingly chronicly ill. A semi-balanced diet, exercise and what some deem as an overabundance of supps keeps me from getting sick. Unfortunately it doesn't help resolve sinus issues, it's about 50% better but still not completely resolved.

#9 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

A couple of months ago, in preparation for the flu season, I started taking Kyolic aged garlic and LEF Immune Protect (I also take CoQ10, DHA/EPA and a good multivitamin). I haven't been sick at all during the entire Winter despite people around me dropping like flies. A couple of times I have felt a strong lethargy hit me, so maybe my body was battling something.

I usually get the flu quite badly a couple times each year, no doubt from the masses of people on the trains during my daily commute along with a constant stream of visitors from other offfices throughout Asia, the US and UK. But so far so good this year.

#10 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

I use to get a cold every 5 years or so. Last time I was sick was in 2000. I hope to go at least another 10 years without coming down with anything. I take too many things to list here. Someone suggested I post my regimen but I'm not sure how many would be interested.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

I have not been sick since a short cold in 2001 after a plane flight to Europe. I take a lot of supps. My cook is very careful in how she prepares meals and cleans the place so I never have a problem in digestion. Fitness training and diet are very important to me so I take special care in those areas I guess. Lots of bio-available oxygen is as important as supps.

As an afterthought I should mention that I take fresh homemade colloidal silver when I have to eat out. My cook is excellent and I can mostly coax clients into business dinner meetings at my home but on the occasion that I can not I take a large dose of colloidal silver before and an extra portion of probiotics after just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users